TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newdark Novice Contest

I've been bitten by the daemon of laziness theses last days, so little to no progress and I think I'm way behind the schedule...

Don't give up Squadarofl ! There is some time left.

I finished the basic architecture of my mission! Now I only have to add some detail to some places (especially the city sections which are only stone blocks for now) and put AIs in... it's maybe 90% done.

I'm confident I'll manage to finish it in time for the novice contest!

Here are some (still work in progress but *mostly* finished) screenshots:

Wow, those look wonderful! I can't believe this will be your first mission! Excellent work.

Let me know when you are ready for beta testing and I'll make a private testing forum for you at shalebridgecradle.

Good job JarlFrank !

It' seems that this Iceblade was offline for 28 days. Good job man, great supervision.

Can someone more responsible and experienced take over the competition?

PS : My mission is nearly done :

Last edited by Kurhhan; 30th Jan 2016 at 05:54.

4 days to go until the entries for this competition are meant to be submitted......but Iceblade seems to be on walk about, has not posted since mid December.

Can any one confirm Iceblade is still involved in the organisation of this contest, as I suspect the entrants would like to know how to proceed.

Sorry guys, my dissertation has been consuming more of my time and attention than I expected. I'll be around more often over the next few weeks.

How far along is everyone? Will your missions be complete and beta-tested in the next few days or would an extra week for polishing be desired. I'm open to adding two weeks instead of just one if enough contestants want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    Sorry guys, my dissertation has been consuming more of my time and attention than I expected. I'll be around more often over the next few weeks.

How far along is everyone? Will your missions be complete and beta-tested in the next few days or would an extra week for polishing be desired. I'm open to adding two weeks instead of just one if enough contestants want it.
    My mission is done, but I still have some polishing to do and sent it off to my betatesters this Sunday. One more week would be very, very appreciated as there is a bug that I don't know how to fix yet, and I still have to put some ambient sounds in. Since I have a busy week with uni and work, I'd like to do some final bugfixing and polishing on the weekend.

Okay...then I'll definitely be extending it by at least a week. Anybody need two weeks?

I'm pretty much at the same point JarlFrank is - just need to add some technical things and do some betatesting - so I'll definitely have it finished by the end of next week. Though I'm really hoping I can get it released by this Friday, as I'm going to be away all weekend...

My mission is finished and beta-tested.

Southquarter.com/fms
    FYI, for any participants in the contest, I can host your missions at Southquarter, just send me a link.

Thanks Brethen.

For submission, send your mission to my email for review and to Brethen's email for hosting. You can find our emails on our forum profile pages. I'll post an official voting thread with mission list on the Monday after submission.

Okay...then I'll definitely be extending it by at least a week. Anybody need two weeks?
    So I can still finish it up this weekend? That's great to hear, thanks.

Expect my mission in your inbox at some point after the weekend then!

EDIT:
    Btw, it's fine if the readme contains my author name, isn't it? For this contest anonymous submissions weren't necessary?

That's correct. Any author can submit anonymously if they wish including a perpectually anonymous submission. But anon submissions are not required or expected.
    Last edited by Iceblade; 9th Feb 2016 at 20:53.

I've extended the contest to 11:59 P.M. GMT on Feb. 19th, 2016.

The official contest release will occur on the following Monday. Voting submission guidelines will be included in the mission release thread.

So, my mission has been fully tested and I think I fixed all the issues. I sent an email to both of you, Iceblade and Brethren, with a link to where I uploaded it.

So, when do we get to see the missions of this contest ready to be played?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The official contest release will occur on the following Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    So, when do we get to see the missions of this contest ready to be played?

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    ...Alright you got me Russ, i confess im a lazy taffer

I've received two of the missions thus far. Are there any others?

Southquarter.com/fms
    I believe Grandmauden is working on a mission as well.

I've got the final build ready - just waiting to hear back from my beta-testers that it's good to go.

EDIT:
    ...and submitted.
    Last edited by Grandmauden; 19th Feb 2016 at 10:33.

So, anyone else joining in? From what has been posted in this thread before I had the impression there were more people working on their first FMs for the contest.

Forget about me, my mission isn't near being finished but I'm confident enough to release it this year nonetheless.