Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most Anticipated Games - 2016 Edition

They come quite a few titles in 2016, my list with my top 5:
    1. Xcom Enemy unknown 2
    2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
    3. Doom 4
    4. Rise of the Tomb Raider
    5. FC:Primal
    6. Battlefield 5 - (Joking, not even looking forward to a new BF)

And my Nr1 is...
    Torment: Tides of Numenera

Level 10,000 achieved
    One of the best trailers I've seen in recent times. This is OMNIBUS.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Part of me wants to succumb to the hype of Rise of the Tomb Raider and pre-order, especially considering how relatively cheap the PC version.

Chakat sex pillow
    It's a CD game; at the very least, it'll be competent, well-designed, polished and, after they remodelled the template for TRTRTR20213, almost exactly like Uncharted but without the warmth or humour.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

UnSHARTed is hilarious. Drake doesn't have a character arc until the 3RD GAME.

Chakat sex pillow
    Good, so maybe we'll actually see one for Lara in TR2017, then.

Maybe she'll do some tomb raiding in that one.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    UnSHARTed
    Good thinking putting it in all caps this time. Probably the reason noone laughed at your joke the first couple times around was that noone got it. We don't get subtle jokes like that.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Good, so maybe we'll actually see one for Lara in TR2017, then.
    Lara's character growth is shown through both storytelling and gameplay in TR2013.

Uncharted 3 was definitely the best game from a storytelling stand point, simply because it actually had some character focus. (It also was a legitimate reason to bring back the utter non-entity Elena, unlike with U2.)

I hope that with U4 they at least haven't copy-pasted the story structure of U1 for 3RD TIME (Uncharted is frankly more stagnant than CoD, which actually shakes things up quite regularly now. Even with roughly 3 years release gap between each game barely nothing changed with the campaigns' gameplay formula since 2007.)
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Good thinking putting it in all caps this time. Probably the reason noone laughed at your joke the first couple times around was that noone got it. We don't get subtle jokes like that.
    Don't cry Baby Bunting. Dada's gone a hunting.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th Jan 2016 at 13:44.

Chakat sex pillow
    True. I suppose I'll have to accept the transition from falling down and getting shish-kebabed to running around at full pelt a few minutes later to skewering other people before blowing them up with an RPG is a character arc of some description.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Also at the start of the game she doesn't have a gun. Then later on she has a gun. Then at the end she has TWO GUNS. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

I'd go with: At the start of the game, she is a normal human being. She then moves on to being a traumatised human being a short way into the game. Over the rest of the game, she develops into a psychotic mass-murderer.

TR is the story of someone with tits who later becomes someone with tits who kills people to keep them from stealing the ancient shit that she wants to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    TR is the story of someone with tits who later becomes someone with tits who kills people to keep them from stealing the ancient shit that she wants to steal.
    Hmm... tits and ancient shit. If I haven't played it, this descriptions would certainly interest me.

Also, I remove Hitman from my list after they dissected it, at least for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Don't cry Baby Bunting. Dada's gone a hunting.
    So you've just gone and fully embraced being a cheet-o dust encrusted basement dweller.

Good to know.

Just noticed that Knucklecracker, the dude who makes the Creeper World games, has a new game called Particle Fleet.

So hyped for this.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Polygon just made a list of February's upcoming games, and I suddenly realize how difficult it's gonna be to stick to my New Year's resolution of only buying a game per month, in a month when American Truck Simulator, Gravity Rush, Firewatch, the Dying Light DLC, and Superhot are being released. Sure, XCOM 2, Unravel, and FC:Primal are appealing too, but they're bargain bin buys for me.

Moderator and Priest
    I want Tides of Nummyums. Looks kinda rad.

Me too, but I don't want to play it in early access, rather be patient and wait for it to be polished to a fine sheen.

Chakat sex pillow
    I've got too many games to play to look forward to any more except Deus Ex, which is thankfully out in August. Firewatch may be an exception though. God dammit.

I'm looking forward to the Witcher 3 DLC, Arma 3 DLC and maybe some additional content for Exanima? Also perhaps Vive games if the price of the hardware isn't too steep.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Me too, but I don't want to play it in early access, rather be patient and wait for it to be polished to a fine sheen.
    Same here. There are a couple of games I'm looking forward to that are in early access, but I'm refusing to play them, because jumping in on it early would probably end up ruining the whole game for me.

Darkwood is probably the best example of this in action. Seeing a survivalist horror game being built up over time would probably blunt its edge for me.

Though to get back on topic, these, along with Torment are the games I'm most wanting for 2015

Dark Souls 3 (of course)
    XCOM 2
    Darkwood
    Firewatch
    Chasm

Also, I just downloaded the Dying Light demo the other night, and freaking LOVED it. So hell, I'll throw The Following on there, even though I still have the main game to look forward to.

What little I played of Darkwood was fantastic. As for Dark Souls, I need to play the first one before I think about 3.

Chakat sex pillow
    Really, Renz? No Manky?

Moderator and Priest
    Oh, and Manky.