TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most Anticipated Games - 2016 Edition

Very intrigued by the Firewatch, looks quite enigmatic.

Moderator and Priest
    Damn. Firewatch is coming out so soon? I just bought damn XCOM 2!

Oh well, I'll have plenty to do up past March, at least.

Moderator and Priest
    XCOM 2 IS PRELOADED, MOTHER TEENAGERS!

Downfall in a week.

It's by the same guy who made The Cat Lady, so naturally, I'm psyched.

With that title, I thought at first it'd be an adventure about the last few days in the Fuehrer's bunker. Not sure I'm more relieved it's not or unsettled at what it is instead!

Definitely curious about this one; The Cat Lady was one of the most unusual, freaky but in the end life-affirming adventures I've played.

Didn't know that Downfall was a remake of an earlier game by the guy, by the way:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...make-released/

Southquarter.com/fms
    I was kind of thinking we should have a thread (potential MEGA thread), about anticipated games. Not for a particular year, or genre, or whatever, but just an ongoing thread where TTLGers can share info on upcoming games. The could be three years out, or even just a concept you read about, just something on the horizon you want others to know about. I lean on this place quite a bit for getting information on new games I've never heard of or seen before.

Anyway, until then...

This was posted on RPS within the past week or so, a new survival game that's due out next week. The Flame and the Flood. I'm guessing I'm liking it because it seems somewhat similar to Don't Stave. I just thought the idea of traveling down a river seemed cool, and with survival mechanics, and soothing folk music, even better. I really like the art style too. And hey, it'll actually be leaving Early Access, what a bonus.

Why not use this thread to be exactly that, brethren? It'll be 2016 for a while longer...

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I was considering making a thread like that a while back, but decided this one will probably do for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    It's out, it's out, it's finally out: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/shardlight/

Shardlight is an old school point and click adventure set in a post-catastrophic world ravaged by plague and it's just oozing with atmosphere (and probably a few other things). I've only played a bit and I can already tell I'm probably going to like it as much as Primordia.

Oh, and there's a demo too for all the unbelievers: http://buyshardlight.com/demo/ShardlightDemoSetup.exe

Looks delightful. Which reminds me, Samarost 3 is due out on March 23.

Is Routine coming out sometime this year? It's starting to feel like the wait for Black Mesa did. A quick update in December says they're replacing their placeholders...

Southquarter.com/fms
    I think we'll see Routine right about the time Tangiers is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    ... right about the time Tangiers is released.
    *is sad*

Level 10,000 achieved
    Holy shit look at this thing!

It's a game where you infiltrate a cult to find and rescue your nephew, but in every game certain variables change, such as how radical the cult leaders are, and (I'm guessing) whether or not your nephew really wants to be there. Polygon wrote more about the game, but I can't tell if the gameplay is just stealth and shooting or if there's dialogue options as well.

Sounds interesting, and the impact of the music and script together drew me in instantly. It makes me wish that I didn't see the visuals though as the poor animations, lackluster art style and low detail setting fails to keep pace with the rest of it. Hopefully there's something in the gameplay elements you mentioned to carry it further.

OT, surprising how much Indie stuff there is on the PS4 these days.

Classical Master 2008
    Why did you have to remind me?

Level 10,000 achieved

WHAT'S HOTTER THAN SUPERHOT?

is a real thing you can download here. Tho it's really just a demo of sorts for the upcoming Clustertruck.

There's been an update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...81170#comments

I'm obviously hoping that they can finish this game, but I hope even more that the developer won't grind himself up completely, endangering his wellbeing and health. No game is worth that.

At this point, nothing short of releasing the game will help me believe a word they say.

I absolutely believe they mean it at this point, but it seems they've had immensely bad luck (and possibly bad planning). Let's see what happens.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm finding it hard to trust them atm too, but I'll give them credit for posting a fairly lengthy update. They didn't have to do that.

Level 10,000 achieved
    PCGamer listed some of the upcoming Summer releases, and I'm relieved to see how few of them I wanna play.

http://www.pcgamer.com/upcoming-pc-g...s-summer-2016/

Only must-buy is DX:MD. ME2 is a strong "maybe", and in the "wait and see" category we have No Man's Sky and Omnibus. I might just have time to catch up on some of the games I've missed out on so far this year(Hyper Light Drifter, Firewatch, Unravel, Superhot, DOOM).

Remember that cat-dog-gryphon-weasel thing?

The Last Guardian is out in 2016, according to Edge Magazine

Chakat sex pillow
    What surprises me more is that there still is an Edge magazine.