TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 72 Hour Contest - Vanishing Point (14 December 2015)

Southquarter.com/fms

72 Hour Contest - Vanishing Point (14 December 2015)

Opening this thread for any discussion or questions that relate to the mission Vanishing Point. Please post here with anything you have. You can download the mission here, the contest thread is here.

This mission looks fantastic......however from read me file

ATTENTION : This mission had no proper betatesting session, it got released as it is. I just hope everything runs fine, and if it doesn’t, sorry for the inconvenience.
    be careful about your loot, it seems to drop back down to zero even after you have collected a few loot items
    so hard save often

Here's my video:

I didn't notice if my loot count dropped. I did seem to miss a lot of loot, and judging by the couple of cool rooftop places I did find, I expect there are many more nooks and crannies around. Outrageously good looking mission and fun. That end part was tricky though
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 14th Dec 2015 at 16:43. Reason: typo

great mission,1248/2042 loot

DromEd Archmage
    Welldone anonymous author!

The new masterpiece from you know who.

I found only 1657(/2042) of loot, when I heard those terrible creatures the only thing I wanted - to get out of this place.

Thank you so much, for a long time I did not get as much pleasure from the fms.

For moments i thought this was a Soul Tear last release until i read his last comment on this Threat. This is a Fine mission, took me around 20 minutes. The Design is absolutely Gorgeous, excellent, the ambient sound is very good, the gameplay is sweet and the new textures are impressive!

Thank you for this High quality mission

I have necro enabled, and this was just incredibly creepy. very cool little mission

DrK, I never knew you would return. Now that you have, I think your entry will single handedly win this contest. This mission is obviously DrK's work.

rather nice.... just that I cant find a way out of the crypt.... just seem to be going in circles...

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji View Post
    rather nice.... just that I cant find a way out of the crypt.... just seem to be going in circles...
    Look behind one of the statues.

I just did a second run through. I was over the whole of the mission to get the loot. Man, this is really fun mission.

Did any of you spotted the stalker ?

Got 1880/2042 missing some loot...ugh

Great mission! Had to give one of the new FMs a try and this was a real treat.

Freakin AWESOME just wished it was a larger mission!! I'm sure we will see this in some other release.

Thanks for the great atmosphere.

Awesome FM. thanks to the Level designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Did any of you spotted the stalker ?
    What you think you see is sometimes scarier.

There is one place near your room that seems impossible to get to It is kitty corner the castle ramparts where there is a guard, I can see loot in this room which is directly above a cart on the ground, and has a cloth window ledge, but trying to jump across, just can't make it. This is very close to your starting room.A speed potion would help there

Wonderful thiefy mission, thank you so much, um, anonymous author ! Amazing to see what can be achieved in 72 hours.

@ rustmite - the canopies / awnings in the mission can take a rope arrow so you shouldn't have to rely on making the jump - if I understand the room you are trying to reach.

Yeah,
    I have been trying that, but keep falling, guess I just have to hit it exactly right

Is that the only download site available? I don't know why but any downloads from southquarter take forever. I'm downloading this mission and it's downloading at 80kb avg.

Thief experience at its best

Finished this fm for the second time 1917/2042 loot. Now I want to replay all three parts of ANIR.

This one was terrifying. Quite obviously inspired by or even related to Rocksbourg. Loved it, especially the ending.

Congrats. Absolutely superb - fantastic creepy atmosphere.

Squadarofl: Caught sight of the Stalker once. Have tried again, but no luck.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 22nd Dec 2015 at 13:40.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast