TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone gem chapter 2, part 1: Nobles and Craftsmen. (15/12/2015)

This mission is vast and magnificent!

The only minor quibble I have is that the absence of a map makes it hard to know where you haven't been, and also to describe problems and solutions clearly here on the forum. That aside, it's great.

Playing on Expert, and the only unfulfilled objective I have aside from getting to the exit location is to find information on the Darkstone Gem. I've read a readable about the gem somwhere (I think it was the building with the stone beast statues in one of its corridors) but, wherever it was, that wasn't sufficient to tick off the objective. That same building also has two wooden doors close together for which I have not found a key and which cannot be picked, so they probably play a part in answering my question. Any hints please?
    Last edited by Marbrien; 16th Dec 2015 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    This mission is vast and magnificent!

The only minor quibble I have is that the absence of a map makes it hard to know where you haven't been, and also to describe problems and solutions clearly here on the forum. That aside, it's great.

Playing on Expert, and the only unfulfilled objective I have aside from getting to the exit location is to find information on the Darkstone Gem. I've read a readable about the gem somwhere (I think it was the building with the stone beast statues in one of its corridors) but, wherever it was, that wasn't sufficient to tick off the objective. That same building also has two wooden doors close together for which I have not found a key and which cannot be picked, so they probably play a part in answering my question. Any hints please?
    Hint: The key to the two doors is in Fausto's bedroom.

If that's not enough: You should find the key hidden in a secret compartment in the fireplace. The switch is hidden in different parts of the room depending on the difficulty level.
    Last edited by DarkMax; 16th Dec 2015 at 13:23.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    If that's not enough: You should find the key hidden in a secret compartiment in the fireplace. The switch is hidden in different parts of the room depending on the difficulty level.
    Interestingly, the switch did nothing on my (Hard) playthrough. It didn't open the compartment, so I battered down one of the downstairs doors with my sword.
    Oh well. It's quiet enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Interestingly, the switch did nothing on my (Hard) playthrough.
    I can't believe THAT happened. I'm uploading a fixed version right now.

EDIT: Done. Check the first post.
    Last edited by DarkMax; 16th Dec 2015 at 13:48.

great FM. DarkMax, I have been a great fan of the first chapter and Im really looking forward to play this new entry. In my opinion you are a great architect when I comes to city design, I really loved this in your previous missions.

I remember that you posted some very interesting screenshots a while back in the editors guild before you disappeared for a while. Is this mission based on those screenshots or did you start something new. I remember reading that you wrote something about a hdd crash and that you lost a lot of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    great FM. DarkMax, I have been a great fan of the first chapter and Im really looking forward to play this new entry. In my opinion you are a great architect when I comes to city design, I really loved this in your previous missions.

I remember that you posted some very interesting screenshots a while back in the editors guild before you disappeared for a while. Is this mission based on those screenshots or did you start something new. I remember reading that you wrote something about a hdd crash and that you lost a lot of your work.
    Hi. Yes, my desktop computer crashed but fortunately I fixed that a long time ago and just got back to work on this FM a couple months ago. And yes, the screenshots on the Editors' Guild are from this fm.

I've only completed one objective dish collection and I must have been at it for several hours already! Thank You DarkMax - you really delivered the definitive FM experience! It has everything one could hope for!

(LOL -I downloaded the 72 Hour Contest entries at the same time, and after a short while playing your mission, I'm saying to myself 72 hours? More like 72 weeks!)

I happened to mistakenly frob the book in Morgans office prior to reading about it.

After reading I went back and frobbed it a second time closing the hammer room.

I was then running around like crazy trying to figure out where it actually was. Fun mission

i canīt find the book , thereīs a note that mentions it can be found inside the electricity room, iīve been in that room and i didnīt find any book, any help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    i canīt find the book , thereīs a note that mentions it can be found inside the electricity room, iīve been in that room and i didnīt find any book, any help please?
    It's in my comment above.

ahhh, thank you, found it.

Many thanks for this Beautiful mission Max, in my opinion this is the best mission you did so far, The city construction and atmosphere is really good , it reminds me Skacky maps. The gameplay is very enjoyable, thereīs a good variety of sounds that are well placed in each area. the readables are interesting. This is definitely a High quality mission.

Iīm looking forward to your next mission
    Last edited by Cardia; 17th Dec 2015 at 16:03.

Have just started this mission and i would like to say a big thanks for yet another Thieves Highway type mission.....Wow, we rooftop addicts have had a wonderful year. But i also am so happy to see a new mission that had purposely avoided the 'lets make my mission look as shiny and modern as possible' school of FMs that so many authors gravitate towards with the capabilities of Newdark.

Most (if not all) of us first played the original Thief without Newdark, HDmod, Necroage etc and its just great to see authors who are still making missions in homage to the original Thief look.

Thank you DarkMax

Enjoy!
    Well, I did.

Interesting how you managed to create the right atmosphere for the Dark Sect house. The graphics instantly told me I'm in a "sort of Pagan home", although the look was more modern, more subtle, and different from the standard "Trickster's worshippers' houses" found in several FM's. I think it fits the origin and history of the Dark Sect very well.

Also, a few nice touches where you continued the storyline from the previous chapter by diary entries and other readables.

It's gonna be a long time of waiting until I might visit that cemetary some readables mentioned... Looking forward to the next mission now.

great mission!!!! I love rooftops!!!! (played Normal (the middle) difficulty before your update.. the lever wasn't working.. is Normal the "hard" one you fixed? pobably so.. ) Please, work now for part 2!!!!!!
    a very small thing though...I had some hard times entering shafts, they seemed a bit small sometimes and the same goes for the shafts in chapter one missions ..

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    (played Normal (the middle) difficulty before your update.. the lever wasn't working.. is Normal the "hard" one you fixed? pobably so.. )
    Yeah that's exactly what I fixed. Sorry I didn't notice it before and neither did any of the beta testers.

DarkMax This is a Great Mission!! Thank you for one of the best miisions IMHO this year. I will have to replay because the switch for thefireplace did not work.

Great mission. Seems claustrophobic but it is amazing how much territory it cramped into it. Anyway I am stuck. I found the switch in the warehouse but I don't know what it opens?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Great mission. Seems claustrophobic but it is amazing how much territory it cramped into it. Anyway I am stuck. I found the switch in the warehouse but I don't know what it opens?
    With your back to the switch, go left to the far end of the building and look to your right for a secret opening in the wall.

Hint: The key to the two doors is in Fausto's bedroom.

If that's not enough: You should find the key hidden in a secret compartment in the fireplace. The switch is hidden in different parts of the room depending on the difficulty level.
    I'm playing on normal. There's a switch on the armoir left of the door, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is it supposed to open the secret compartment in the fireplace?
    I'm really having fun playing this one, very good mission, Dark Max, thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm playing on normal. There's a switch on the armoir left of the door, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is it supposed to open the secret compartment in the fireplace?
    I'm really having fun playing this one, very good mission, Dark Max, thank you!!!!
    Have you downloaded the updated version? 'cause that's the switch I had to fix. Anyway you just can bash the doors with the sword.

Did that!!! Thanks!!!!
    Now looking for the hammer. You menioned Morgan's office where is it????

Did that!!! Thanks!!!!
    Now looking for the hammer. You menioned Morgan's office where is it????
    In the second floor there should be a door with a golden plaque next to it that says "Sgt. Morgan's Office" and some wires leading to it.

Sorry for being dense, but do you mean in the same house where the stone monster is?

Sorry for being dense, but do you mean in the same house where the stone monster is?
    Negative. The Hammer of St. Lucius is in the Hammer Temple. You should find it easily, it's near the clocktower and the warehouse where the secret entrance to Fausto's Mansion is (where the stone beasts are).