TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone gem chapter 2, part 1: Nobles and Craftsmen. (15/12/2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    They never used to take out electric lights. They are like a "stealthier" (and slightly weaker) version of the fire arrows.
    Thanks DarkMax! I am totally absorbed into this mission, love the story. I was just having a hard time at portion and wanted to know if I was missing a script or something, in that I was supposed to be taking out lights.

Many thanks for this wonderful and atmospheric mission.

It provided me with hours of much needed fun.

Can't wait for part 2!

Please advice where's the hammer? Still can not find it, I surveyed the whole area around the temple I'm blind

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    Please advice where's the hammer? Still can not find it, I surveyed the whole area around the temple I'm blind
    Follow the wires coming out of Morgan's office, you should find the secret door and the switch close to each end.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Follow the wires coming out of Morgan's office, you should find the secret door and the switch close to each end.
    Thanks

Playing on normal, great mission so far, love how the city parts are connected.
    Only problem - I have no idea where I am - yet it is still a lot of fun, so big compliment.

All other objectives have been completed, now I need to know where the old mechanist tower is located.
    I'm currently in the vicinity of the hammer cathedral, looking at a huge stone building with a mechanist symbol on it, yet it has only small rings and no usable windows around it.

Is that he tower? If yes, I need at least a hint for getting in, if no, which direction to go?

Quote Originally Posted by thief-outside-a-box View Post
    Playing on normal, great mission so far, love how the city parts are connected.
    Only problem - I have no idea where I am - yet it is still a lot of fun, so big compliment.

All other objectives have been completed, now I need to know where the old mechanist tower is located.
    I'm currently in the vicinity of the hammer cathedral, looking at a huge stone building with a mechanist symbol on it, yet it has only small rings and no usable windows around it.

Is that he tower? If yes, I need at least a hint for getting in, if no, which direction to go?
    The door is just in front of it. It's hard to see because it's in the shadows but it's there.

Oh wow, those stone golems in the house where the dark mages are are really annoying! I made a save shortly before alerting them, so now they're always on alert and I can't change that, and it's almost impossible to traverse that one upper floor hallway because dousing the torch there is not enough to remove all the light, and once I step in there, I'm seen.

Is there any way to defeat them? It seems to be immune to sword hits, immune to broadheads, immune to dark arrows (or I just don't have enough of those)... so what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    Oh wow, those stone golems in the house where the dark mages are are really annoying! I made a save shortly before alerting them, so now they're always on alert and I can't change that, and it's almost impossible to traverse that one upper floor hallway because dousing the torch there is not enough to remove all the light, and once I step in there, I'm seen.

Is there any way to defeat them? It seems to be immune to sword hits, immune to broadheads, immune to dark arrows (or I just don't have enough of those)... so what can I do?
    Dark arrows DO actually hurt them but you need 3 or 4 (maybe more) to take them out. Fire arrows and other explosives work as well. If you have none of those then you can bash them with the blackjack but that might take a while.

Ah, well, guess I just gotta duke it out then... or lure the one I have to get past away somehow.

Those things are devious! What triggers their alert status? I've been walking around in the lit hallway for a while, then I guess I came too close to one and even though I went out of sight before it reacted, it went searching for me seconds later, when I was already gone.

What triggers their alert status?
    They behave just like tree beasts. They are inmobile but they can still see/hear you and it takes a few seconds for them to start searching for you (when they start spreading their arms that's when they are alerted).

Am I blind? I can't find the switch that is supposed to open the compartment beneath the fireplace in the bedroom in the dark sect's house. I'm playing on expert and have looked everywhere: the lamp, the bed, the armoire... nothing! Not even on the crayman trophy mounted above the fireplace!

Its by the bookcase down low
    Am I blind? I can't find the switch that is supposed to open the compartment beneath the fireplace in the bedroom in the dark sect's house. I'm playing on expert and have looked everywhere: the lamp, the bed, the armoire... nothing! Not even on the crayman trophy mounted above the fireplace!

Oh... I just thought "but there is no bookcase!" and then realized I was stupid and searched the wrong room! Argh! Now I got it. Sometimes, I'm such an idiot. :P

EDIT: And once more, something I can't find: where's the key to the Hammers' electricity room?
    Last edited by JarlFrank; 3rd Jan 2016 at 12:23.

those stone golems in the house where the dark mages are are really annoying! [...]
    As DarkMax already said, you can use some weapons against them. If you don't want to use any of your equipment, however, there's another option. Use the traps found in the house against them. To do that, find and open the treasure rooms on the lowest level of the house, then find a chest in there, located between two statues. Opening or closing this chest will trigger a mechanism firing explosive projectiles at the chest. If you crouch before the statue to the right of the chest you can avoid getting hit by the projectiles. If the stone beast enters the room, however, it will be hit repeatedly if you rapidly open and close the chest. Eventually, it will bite the dust. So, lure it there once you have opened the door to the room with the chest, then roast it.

I did that with just one of the stone beasts. Whether it still works with two of them on your tail, you will have to find out for yourself. By the way, I heard that grilled stone beast is a rare speciality in Dayport.

Aaand I'm done after going through the entire town once more, finding four small pieces of loot I had missed the first time, and then finally finding the entrance to the clocktower... at the ground level, a door which I didn't see because it was shrouded in shadows so black it looked to me like there was only a solid wall.

Good mission, although meeting the loot goal was really hard

ok this is embarrassing. I'm at the beginning, I've read the note from Artemus, I know the best way up is via the Clocktower nearby, how the heck do I get up there?
    I've been all over that little section and I can't see how I can get up there. I've obviously missing something, because noone else has posted about having this problem.
    I've fired rope arrows everywhere and there's no place to climb to the rooftops. I tried jumping up on that machine by the water with the two pistons turning round and I cant climb up there.

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    ok this is embarrassing. I'm at the beginning, I've read the note from Artemus, I know the best way up is via the Clocktower nearby, how the heck do I get up there?
    I've been all over that little section and I can't see how I can get up there. I've obviously missing something, because noone else has posted about having this problem.
    I've fired rope arrows everywhere and there's no place to climb to the rooftops. I tried jumping up on that machine by the water with the two pistons turning round and I cant climb up there.
    The clocktower has a locked door. One of the patrolling guards has the key.

I know it would be something embarrassing. You'd think after playing so many missions, I'd think of the obvious first...
    Thanks very much

I just found the key in the fireplace that opens the two wooden doors downstairs in the house where the stone golems are. I opened the chest but there's nothing in there. Just fireballs coming at the chest whenever it's opened or closed. What's supposed to be in it?

Also, I found a switch in the desk in the warehouse, but I don't see what it opens.

I just found the key in the fireplace that opens the two wooden doors downstairs in the house where the stone golems are. I opened the chest but there's nothing in there. Just fireballs coming at the chest whenever it's opened or closed. What's supposed to be in it?

Also, I found a switch in the desk in the warehouse, but I don't see what it opens.
    The same room with the chest has a book on a table that you have to read in order to complete an objective.

As for the switch: It opens the secret entrance to the mansion.

Where is the secret entrance? In the same level as the switch? I've looked all along for one and can't find anything there.

Where is the secret entrance? In the same level as the switch? I've looked all along for one and can't find anything there.
    Go down the room with the switch to the room with mud on the floors and wooden planks, the entrance is opposite the windows and nearly at the same height as the planks.

Ok thank you. I'm off to look

I just found the key in the fireplace that opens the two wooden doors
    I'm having trouble finding this key. Could you be more specific?