TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone gem chapter 2, part 1: Nobles and Craftsmen. (15/12/2015)

Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    I'm having trouble finding this key. Could you be more specific?
    When you get inside Fausto's mansion, on the top floor there is a specific room (the biggest one) with a fireplace which has a secret compartiment. This compartiment can be opened with a lever hidden in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    When you get inside Fausto's mansion, on the top floor there is a specific room (the biggest one) with a fireplace which has a secret compartiment. This compartiment can be opened with a lever hidden in the same room.
    Thank you, DarkMax. Found it.

DarkMax, thank you for this FM. It was a fascinating journey. There are only few places for researching in the third city mission of your campaign.
    Very well this time there is a great abundance of different loopholes\hideouts\rooms. This is my favorite type of missions. Keep it up!

Thank you DarkMax for this.
    Great atmosphere, great textures and great gameplay.

Code to the cameras

Hi, I need the code to turn off the cameras. Can I get the downright spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Hi, I need the code to turn off the cameras. Can I get the downright spoiler?

Hi. I'm in the largest bedroom (@Fausto's) with the fireplace that obviously has a hidden compartment in it (the room where all the spooky whispering starts). I have looked all over this room, up & down & in between & I cannot find the switch to open the secret compartment in the fireplace. I read an earlier post that said the switch was down low on the bookcase, but there's absolutely nothing there, plus, you can't get close to the lower right side of the bookcase because a desk is in the way.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a total amateur at Thief, how do I access the dark arrows? There doesn't seem to be a number or key assigned to them.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Hi. I'm in the largest bedroom (@Fausto's) with the fireplace that obviously has a hidden compartment in it (the room where all the spooky whispering starts). I have looked all over this room, up & down & in between & I cannot find the switch to open the secret compartment in the fireplace. I read an earlier post that said the switch was down low on the bookcase, but there's absolutely nothing there, plus, you can't get close to the lower right side of the bookcase because a desk is in the way.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a total amateur at Thief, how do I access the dark arrows? There doesn't seem to be a number or key assigned to them.

Thanks.
    Hi, the location of the switch that opens the compartment depends on which difficulty level you're playing but you should find it right next to or behind some pieces of furniture. If you can't find it yet then look at one of the sides of the column which is behind the desk. (This is the location for expert difficulty)

To access the Dark Arrows just use the "Next weapon" key.

Thanks DarkMax. Finished! Had fun; this was a worthy sequel to your first Darkstone Gem FM, indeed!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Played this for the first time this weekend - I'm surprised this FM didn't get more attention. A really great rooftops mission, with tons of exploration and just the perfect amount of difficulty. And a good combo of both T1 and T2 flavor, all mixed into one. Awesome job, DarkMax - I hope you're still working on the future portions of Chapter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I hope you're still working on the future portions of Chapter 2.
    Frankly, looking at the underwhelming results I've gotten from all of my FMs so far, I don't think the campaign will see its end.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @DarkMax - are you talking about response here in the forums? If so, I don't think that's really true. Just read the thread, there's a whole lot of glowing reviews. Not just here either, on other forums as well. Part of the issue is these days that there are a whole lot of lurkers in the FM forum, but not as much participation as there used to be. Not sure why that is. But even so, the response here is comparable to other highly thought of FMs like Gems of Provenance, Chalice of Souls, Kingsbridge, etc.

In any case, I thought this was one of the best FMs out in the last 3-4 years, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm contemplating doing another playthrough (I missed 600 loot somewhere) and writing up a review for the FM review thread.

So please, more Darkstone Gem if you don't mind..!

Is it really underwhelming? Sorry for not being vocal about it before, but I'm a fan of this campaign and Nobles and Craftsmen was the sort of Thief experience that I love, with awesome atmosphere and gameplay.

That had to be a typo, like people like it so the campaign goes on and on - will never see it's end. I loved N&C. Felt like another part of the city I've not been too, I was immersed! Enjoyed the other missions as well. Hope to see more!

This one is one of my newest favorites, and I've played it about 6 times, the latest got all the loot except one elusive purple goblet on the streets. Gonna run through it again tonight and see if I can find that. Great atmosphere and great mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I'm contemplating doing another playthrough (I missed 600 loot somewhere) and writing up a review for the FM review thread.
    That'd make an interesting read! I'll get back to working on the project as soon as I get enough free time. Mines and forests are tough to Dromed.

Just finished on Expert- thank you for a lot of fun, DarkMax! The only things I found frustrating were the lack of map (I'm terrible at drawing mental maps) and the fact that I seemed to frequently do this odd & unexpected little hop post-mantle, resulting in slamming my feet down quite noisily, no matter how carefully I attempted to move. Despite that, this mission remained pure glee from start to finish. I greatly enjoyed your blending in of the T1 aesthetics, and I always love a good thieves highway traversal.

I'll have to go back at some point and hunt down the 300 loot that evaded me!

UPDATED VERSION, check the first post for details.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    UPDATED VERSION, check the first post for details.
    Awesome, revving up for reply just before playing the next.

woops, Southquarter is not updated - but I just had a great time playing the old version!