TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    You need to complete all objectives except 'steal silver nuggets'.
    I was unable to get this objective for some reason. I've tried to CTRL ALT SHIFT END, but the second mission does not begin, I'm returned to the main menu.

If I try to rename the MIS files, saved games will not load. What can I do?

Edit: MISSFLAG.STR was missing an entry for MISS22.MIS which I've added and now I can play the second mission.
    Last edited by chischis; 12th Jan 2016 at 15:24.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Also, it seems that

After I got into the lady's house in the first part of town, her door guard was hostile to me for the rest of the mission. I had to avoid him every time I needed to go back to sewers.
    Because, you frob the door: he heard you turned the knob inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It is possible that I loaded an earlier save in which I hadn't yet done that. I will try it.
    I am sure that this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    elkston I have done all top three.

Here's a screenie of my objectives.
    [IMG][/IMG]

And thanks for helping me
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Thanks so much elkston, I appreciate it. I was thinking of finishing this mission and going to the next but there's something about not doing that in the readme so I've been plodding on

llanita, I'm sorry you had to spend so much time on the endless questions. I'm not happy with my work as a director. It's too confusing level. Therefore it's very important to read all texts to keep a logical thread.

If this is still actual for you, could you send me a save game? So, I could find the cause of your trouble.

But...how would he know it was you? And...if he heard someone in there suspiciously, why wouldn't he go investigate? Why would he wait until he sees you outside again?

I'm guessing this is merely the same bug that we talked about in the last version. I'm pretty sure it could be corrected by limiting his alertness with a AIwatchObj line of sight requirement. I.E., he only becomes suspicious if he sees the player trying the door.

If part of the intended gameplay is for this guard to always be suspicious (because who isn't going to try frobbing the door?) then I guess it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Does anyone have an alternate download link other than the main 2 listed. Google drive will not allow me to download, and gives no error, just blinks and stays on the page. The Southquarter page cannot be found. Error 404. The Lite version 11.4 MB will prompt for download, but I wanted to full experience....
    Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    I was unable to get this objective for some reason. I've tried to CTRL ALT SHIFT END, but the second mission does not begin, I'm returned to the main menu.

If I try to rename the MIS files, saved games will not load. What can I do?

Edit: MISSFLAG.STR was missing an entry for MISS22.MIS which I've added and now I can play the second mission.
    I've updated the link.

Update v1.3.
    - added missflag.str (I don't know why I deleted that important file in the new version )
    - fixed tiny spider
    - deleted the archer from the balcony
    - fixed alternate way to Thereon's room
    (I suspect, if you choose this 'way', you can't to complete the 1st mission)

ok need some help the objective i have left are "find out what keepers are hiding",thereon has sent for reinforcements let jonas know","no avalible rooms" and mr clement=i am guessing i will be able to get a room once i set spiders in room 2,when i get access to it,and i cant let jonas know as he is not in that room anymore,and the sewer hole is not by police station yet,so what do i do?

;-) Yeah, I did do that when I was inside. I'm curious so I have to touch everything.

i am still stuck went back to click rock so i could get pickaxe ,got pickaxe and all nuggets,did everything else possible,and room 2 is still not open,i am starting to think i did something out of order and broke mission,i am doing this on taffer setting since i restrarted,is mission broken or can some one help me

@downwinder: have you returned to Jonas' hideout, seen that he is not there, opened his secret compartment and read his journal? That should make the sewer manhole cover frobbable.

what secret compartment? i will go look now

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    what secret compartment? i will go look now
    It's pretty hard to see. As you enter the place, by the righthand statue. More exact location mentioned earlier in the thread.

wow stuck again,in sewer now,but cant find jonas,used glyph all over and nothing,found zombie in water hole,even droped out and ended up back at start where is he hiding?
    Last edited by downwinder; 12th Jan 2016 at 21:16.

I finished the mission on Hard, but I found a "secret" area and I couldn't figure out how it fit into the plot:

If you crawl through some bushes near the Inn, you'll find a secret way into the Inn cellar. In this cellar is an unlit passage that winds all the way around and ends up behind the wall of the room in the sewers where you later find a dead keeper Jonas. You can frob a wooden board there and it will expose a slit in the wall that will let you look into the room. Your field of vision is restricted, but you can make out the blood all over the place.

The wild thing is -- you can peek into this room before you're actually supposed to find Jonas there later (if you try to go there before the plot trigger, the door is disabled). Also, if you take this route to actually "get" to Jonas -- you can frob to search his body *through* the wall and it will trigger the monster sequence. The problem is -- somehow when you teleport, you end up falling quickly into the energy ball and dying instead of the usual slow descent.

So what was the purpose of this secret route? Did it mean something in Expert and not Hard? BTW, in mission #2, this same passage leads to a basement where you can get some loot. It doesn't extend all the way to the sewers (at least as far as I know... I haven't finished mission #2).

i figured out what i did wrong,^ i had to knock over the cabinet in sectet under inn in order to get door open in sewer,but the sewer i got is by main gate we entered city in maybe due to taffer setting

completed mission 1 wow i am impressed,just wish i had a better comp so i did not have that lag when i play,going to mission 2 now

and yes i beat mission 1 on taffer ,i will forsure be xcoming back to this mission once i get a new comp down the road
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Jan 2016 at 00:14.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I finished the mission on Hard, but I found a "secret" area and I couldn't figure out how it fit into the plot [...]
    I think this is a leftover from the single mission version of the first mission, which was released about one year ago. In that mission, Garrett never met Keeper Jonas. He was dead already when the mission started. The player could obtain a "Scouting disk" throughout the game, something like a flattened version of the Scouting orbs Garrett frequently uses. The player could then throw the disk through the small slot at the end of this "secret area", revealing the dead keeper, and gain some special award for that.

Most likely, no one ever thought that a player could still frob dead Jonas through the hole in the wall and trigger the "falling into the energy ball" sequence, and therefore, if the player triggers that sequence from a place where he isn't supposed to trigger it, something goes wrong.

I still can't start the second mission even with version 1.3

I'm really sorry to say that but as great as the mission looks and feels in the same way it is annoying. Many bugs that stop the plot. Glitches and so on. I had to restart the mission 3! times because of things like that it's very frustrating. I really appreciate everyones work here on FMs because you guys give us new stuff for our aged but beloved favorite game but this is the first time I'm really angry with a mission because it's not my fault or lag of skill, it's just not well polished.

I would love to start the second mission and would really appreciate it if you could release it as a single mission. Because i assume...that I need to restart it a 4. time now which I won't do! Sorry for the negative feedback but this time it got me.

could someone maybe send me a save file from the beginning of the second mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    could someone maybe send me a save file from the beginning of the second mission?
    You can download mine. See this post from the other thread.

thank you!

mission 1 finished

Thank you for the video walktrough Soul Tear, i would have never reach 50 % of the mission without it. I really love the visuals of this mission, the level design is very beautiful and highly detailed , it shows a very flexible architecture design, gorgeous high resolution textures, some of them even reflect, i also love the new objects as well and the new effects, such as the butterflies. some of the ai animation add a new surprise to the eye. i would have although eliminate some effects which makes the mission laggy and that definitely compromises the gameplay quality, and i have a updated machine with one of the best video cards in the market.

despite that all is ok, but the gameplay difficulty is insane even for "normal/taffer" mode , its not something easygoing, where you can proceed relaxed and get satisfaction for accessible challenges, instead its an unfair challenge which forces the player to do unthinkable things, such as frob things that doesn´t highlight, slashing a magic bush and frob a nebula sphere. return to doors that where once unfrobable or places that were closed, it forces the players running around in circles for too long. But that´s my opinion...well i guess each author has its own style and if you Russians love to make missions tricky then maybe its part of your culture to face exhausting puzzles.

Art in this mission is very rich and astonishing but partially inaccessible to most of the players eyes due the extremely difficulty in the gameplay.

Anyway going to part two...probably i will need another video walkthrough for part 2.

Thanks Soul Tear, can't wait to play this one. I had to download Firefox and finally was able to download it. Something going on with IE & Google on my PC.

Supremcee, the described problem is not a bug. The game does not see Missflag.str

I've updated the link.

Update v1.3.
    Sometime between 24 hours ago and today the link (in the first append of this thread) went bad. It's now saying "Sorry, the file you've requested does not exist".

(I loaded it on one computer, the readme listed system requirements that were much higher than that computer, then installed Thief 2 and TafferPatcher to another computer that's much closer to said system requirements, then tried to download mission... and hit this problem. I also want to play the updated first mission and the Whole Experience. )

- prjames

Update: I used a thumb drive to transfer the mission I loaded yesterday over. However, the question is still valid - other players will want to play Mission 1.
    Last edited by prjames; 13th Jan 2016 at 22:45. Reason: Fixed - for me, but not others

Why are there so many unlabelled objects? (the glyph for example). I'm already 95% ready to give up on this and not because it's exactly difficult. *sigh*

NO RAVEN'S NEST!!!!

Hi guys, I just finished playing Bad Venture and for some reason there is no second mission!!! Once Bad Venture ends it goes back to the main menu and I have no way of playing Raven's Nest! Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this??

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast