TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If it's in the same weapon slot as the sword, you'll need to use the Next Weapon and Previous Weapon keys to access it - check your bindings.

I've never done anything like that in Thief before. Didn't know it was possible. . .well, you learn something new every day, I guess.

Sadly, I think my playing of this mission has come to an end. I got the wizard's staff but now I can't get out of the pit. I'm currently on top of the big pillar underneath the giant crystal cluster on the ceiling and I know what I have to do to get out, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried time after time to jump onto the vine I need to climb out, but Garrett just falls through it instead of catching it. I don't know what else to try so that's it for me.

My overall impression of this FM is that it's beautiful, but extremely non-intuitive and very frustrating.

Hey,
    I'm stuck in the mission 1 for too long. I've done two things for keeper Jonas (got the thingy back to him in the crystal. The door to the Cozy Inn (or something along these lines) is still closed and so are all the doors in the Inn. I've seen on a walkthrough, that these door get opened at some point - am I missing something or are these just scripts that didn't work?
    As much as I love the visuals and general exploring I'm at the brink of dumping it, as it's ridiculously challenging. I hate attempting 20 times to get past one guard or to get this jump onto the rope right, which is a buggy thing in the engine anyway. So frustrating gameplay... So, yeah if you tell me these doors should have been opened by now, I'm probably not going to restart it... :/
    I'm playing on Normal btw.

I have not played for a long time and I've forgotten everything.
    Look Ricebug's walkthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Hey,
    I'm stuck in the mission 1 for too long. I've done two things for keeper Jonas (got the thingy back to him in the crystal. The door to the Cozy Inn (or something along these lines) is still closed and so are all the doors in the Inn. I've seen on a walkthrough, that these door get opened at some point - am I missing something or are these just scripts that didn't work?
    I've checked my notes on this campaign, and there are a few possibilities how this might have happened. I will describe now how things should happen in the mission.

While you proceeded in the mission, a goal like 'Maybe I can find a spare room in that little inn near the HoS. I must also check the guest book in "ST" inn.' should have appeared; most likely after you have returned the crystal with the captured being to Jonas. When you returned that crystal and spoke to Jonas for quite some time, he should have mentioned that you need to stay for a while. He should have given you money to rent a room. Garrett should have replied something with "no free space in my pockets". After this conversation, you should at least have the aforementioned goal. The door to the "Clean & Cozy Inn" should be open then.

After this, you have to check out the guest books of both inns in order to find a room. You will find out that there's no free room in any of the inns, and your objective concerning inns should change; "There are no available rooms anywhere. But this is not a problem for you, right?" should appear in your goals list. This means you should find an uncommon solution to your lodging problem.

Now, there are two bugs that can make the mission unplayable. They are usually triggered beyond this point by the player. I'll mention them without spoiler cover now, but keep descriptions a bit obscure if possible.

The first bug is: You will at one point get the goal to read a mage's notes. Once you have these notes, you may only read them once (in fact, you have to read them). If you read them again later on, bad things may happen. So, if you need to read them again, do it after saving your game, and reload that save before continuing.

The second bug may occur or not, depending on the order in which the player completes some goals. To avoid this bug, which gets you stuck just before finishing the mission, do not enter Mr. Clemans room until you have completed a goal requiring you to fetch something from a dead man. You'll see what I mean once you get there, I think.

You may already be a victim of the first one of these bugs, but it is unlikely at this stage of the mission.

And now back to your tasks, young Garrett!

Thanks baeuchlein for this extensive information - really appreciate it.
    Now, I definitely do not have a goal 'Maybe I can find a spare room in that little inn near the HoS. I must also check the guest book in "ST" inn.' I'll see if there's some more conversations with Jonas I could have missed maybe. I can't remember if he is still there in his room or not. In case he's gone, I have some progressive saves, so maybe not all is lost...

Thanks again for your help!

In the latest version of mission 1 there were no bugs with scripts. Just this thing turned out to be too confusing, and I'm not sure that now I myself could have finished it without wanderings.

baeuchlein, you are as always on top.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617