TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Same with me.

I am still unable to find out anything about the House of science. I cannot climb up via the statue using the crate

Down in the mines looking for the silver..is the rock guy killable? He's blocking my way out. Also, regarding the rocks, how long do you have to keep hitting the rocks to get silver??
    Baeuchlein used the same method as me for achieving the "inspect the House of Science" objective . See post 96.

I just found another nugget at the rim where you descend to the place where the mage walks; I had to go all the way round anticlockwise to get it. But the "get 1000 more" objective (when I can see it - sometimes it has scrolled down to a place where I can't see it - genius) is still not ticked.

As fas as I know, there's only one place where hitting rocks destroys them and gains you access to some nuggets. It's in that lowest area. Doing that triggers the appearence of the stone beast. I hope there isn't somewhere else down there I need to hit with a pickaxe to achieve the objective, because it would be impossible for me to get out alive again. I don't think the beast can be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    As fas as I know, there's only one place where hitting rocks destroys them and gains you access to some nuggets. It's in that lowest area. Doing that triggers the appearence of the stone beast. I hope there isn't somewhere else down there I need to hit with a pickaxe to achieve the objective, because it would be impossible for me to get out alive again. I don't think the beast can be killed.
    I haven't found another place where the pick destroys rocks either. I thought about that place in the long passage where rocks look they block a passage into a side room, but those rocks won't get smashed.

I opened up the mission with TTLL, and I think I have all the nuggets I can see there:
    - five in the secret
    - one you can reach in a hole while hanging from vine going down to where the secret is
    - one on the rim of the descent hole (the one you describe)
    - one close by, in the passage, by skeletal remains
    - four near the base of the mega vine by the start (three on ground level, one a bit higher up). One of the four is a bit into the long passage.

BTW, the nuggets are named "SN01" to "SN13", but there is no SN02.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 9th Jan 2016 at 07:34.

jiansonz, having found all the nuggets you can see, is the objective still not ticked off?

I finally managed to get up to that little roof with the blue cloud, the roof between the two statues. However, once I reached the roof, I was unable to move. I tried to get to that little blue cloud but it was just like when you get stuck and get anywhere.
    I am going to check and see if new_mantle is on.
    EDIT: I do have new_mantle enabled. I guess I need to go back and see how I can climb there without getting 'stuck'

jiansonz, having found all the nuggets you can see, is the objective still not ticked off?
    It's still unchecked. I can see that while I reload a save.
    Of course, I am not 100% sure I actually have all those 12 nuggets, but I do not feel like a doing a restart just to count them (should have kept earlier saves...).

EDIT: I do not see how it's possible to collect "1000 more" when the total value of them is 1000 (which it is, I just checked).

I finally managed to get up to that little roof with the blue cloud, the roof between the two statues. However, once I reached the roof, I was unable to move. I tried to get to that little blue cloud but it was just like when you get stuck and get anywhere.
    I am going to check and see if new_mantle is on.
    EDIT: I do have new_mantle enabled. I guess I need to go back and see how I can climb there without getting 'stuck'
    I had some of that trouble, too. The roof edge can catch you. Two ways to avoid it:
    * Don't stand too close to the roof, and make sure the jump from the statue head is more 'up' than forward, so it's a more steep 'hop'.
    * Take the crate with you onto the statue head, drop it and jump on it.

This is a pretty basic Dark Engine issue. Most of these kinds of "wedgy" blocks like that roof can cause stuff like this.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 9th Jan 2016 at 07:58.

I finally managed it.
    jiansonz it was as you said, the roof edge stopped me, I just backed up a bit then jumped. So finally got that one checked off. I believe I've caught up now. Cant get a room till all objectives are ticked off.

jiansonz, with your opening up of the mission, are you by any chance able to answer my questions a) or b) in post #98?

jiansonz, with your opening up of the mission, are you by any chance able to answer my questions a) or b) in post #98?
    No, I am using a loot-finding tool that says noting about those connections.

Here's a screenie of where I'm at right now
    [IMG][/IMG]

By the way, Clean & Cosy Inn is open now for me. As soon as I took Jacob the blue cloud in the crystal, and he told me to go look for a room, I went right up to the girl behind the counter and she said they were full, so I made my way to the Cosy Inn which was open. I still can't get a room because my objectives haven't been met

Hi there, I'm stuck again:

1. Keeper Jonas:
    I've found the murdered Keeper in the sewers and after the beasts appeared I was teleported back into his hideout in the inn.
    Because I was not able to find any Crystal with him, I went back into the sewers. After a while the door was re-opened, however I cannot enter the room again due to an invisible wall in the doorway.
    Is there ANOTHER way into that room? OR: where do I find the Crystal?

2. Spider
    How do I have to catch the Spider in the attic of the inn? Is this the one I have to catch or is there another Spider somewhere else? (The door to Mr. Cleman's room is open now, although I have no Spider.)

3. Cozy Inn - still locked.

Did I miss something somewhere?
    As I can see so far I completed all other objectives.
    Any useful hint would be very appreciated, thank you in advance!
    Urumo

Similar issues for me. When I searched Jonas's body in the sewer room it went dark, a stone beast appeared, and I was teleported back to Jonas's first hide-out. The room in which I found Jonas is now shut and its door cannot be opened. I do not have the crystal, I don't even have the objective about the crystal shown in post #109 (I too am playing on Keeper).

I have frobbed the concierge in the other inn and been told she has no rooms, I have done this a number of times, but Clean & Cozy remains shut.

I don't think that is the spider you want Urumo. I can't seem to catch it. I shot it once with an arrow but even dead it could not be picked up/put in the empty jar.

@Urumo:
    2. The spider you want to catch is in the basement of Clean & Cozy.

Not sure why that place does not get unlocked for you and Marbrien. And it's strange that you have Cleman's door open and I have not. What difficulty are you on?

@Ilanita: those objectives are a bit different than mine. Have you been in mage Thereon's room at the hotel? Have you read his journal?
    (He has transformed himself into a floating rock. You need to get under the big rock in his room and look up.)

I don't understand why for some the inn is open and for others it's closed.
    I'm stuck with Thereon. I have no idea how I'm supposed to deal with him. I know it says after I'm done with Keeper Jonas, but does that mean after dealing with keeper Jonas the first time, or the second time? I've no idea how to proceed next.
    I've been all over Thereon's house, still can't enter Room 1 of the inn that's supposed to be where Thereons guard is staying.

I don't understand why for some the inn is open and for others it's closed.
    I'm stuck with Thereon. I have no idea how I'm supposed to deal with him. I know it says after I'm done with Keeper Jonas, but does that mean after dealing with keeper Jonas the first time, or the second time? I've no idea how to proceed next.
    I've been all over Thereon's house, still can't enter Room 1 of the inn that's supposed to be where Thereons guard is staying.
    I got into room 1 in a similar way to how I got into Thereon's room. Rope arrow into the tiny overhang of the tower in the back yard of the inn (where the top meets the funnel shaped part); climb all the way to the top of the rope, turn right round, jump onto ledge and mantle up. Only you are aiming for the left ledge this time, not the right ledge, then follow it around the corner to room 1's window. Only thing I can remember getting in there was a readable, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    @Urumo:

Not sure why that place does not get unlocked for you and Marbrien. And it's strange that you have Cleman's door open and I have not. What difficulty are you on?

@Ilanita: those objectives are a bit different than mine. Have you been in mage Thereon's room at the hotel? Have you read his journal?
    (He has transformed himself into a floating rock. You need to get under the big rock in his room and look up.)
    jainsonz there are no rocks in his room. He's still walking from the inn to his house across the street from it, inspecting the holes. He's walking with a guard and some other guy.

Unless I've got his house all wrong. I've no idea now.

Thereon's room is in the Stumbled Traveler inn. Accessed via the right ledge and the window at the rear of the inn. See my post #114 for a method.

Ok UPdate.
    I went back to the cosy inn and got the spider (thanks jiansonz I couldn't find it anywhere before) then I went back to the Stumbled Inn, read the guest book which I hadnt done before, and immediately got the new objective to find Thereon and read his report.

Went into Room 1 where Inspector Mercader was in, stole his report, but I still can't get in to Rooms 2 which is Clemens or Room 3 which is Thereon

Edit: just read your last post Marbrien, thanks so much for that.
    Last edited by llanita; 9th Jan 2016 at 09:18.

How do you download part 2 Ravens Nest I am guessing that it is the Download 2 bit on the original post which for me is in black and not clickable blue...I ran through the first part and it did not go into part 2 so I guess I am missing something.

Marbrien did you mean this one? because the arrow isn't sticking there. It will stick on the one right opposite that one,on the Inn itself, but the rope isn't long enough to reach.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    How do you download part 2 Ravens Nest I am guessing that it is the Download 2 bit on the original post which for me is in black and not clickable blue...I ran through the first part and it did not go into part 2 so I guess I am missing something.
    Sorry Ravenhook, Ive not reached that part yet. I was under the impression that it would just start automatically once all the objectives in the first part were met.

Marbrien did you mean this one? because the arrow isn't sticking there. It will stick on the one right opposite that one,on the Inn itself, but the rope isn't long enough to reach.

[IMG][/IMG]
    No. Lower down on that tower, just at the point where it starts to taper inwards, is a set of very narrow downward facing surfaces, each of which will take a rope arrow if you aim it right.

Went into Room 1 where Inspector Mercader was in, stole his report, but I still can't get in to Rooms 2 which is Clemens or Room 3 which is Thereon

Edit: just read your last post Marbrien, thanks so much for that.
    Another way to Room 3 is to get through Room 1 and out the window, then follow the ledge around the house. To get over the ledge gap, either use a rope arrow in the wooden part high up, or strafe-jump (for extra speed) over to the next part of the ledge.

Well where's there's a will there's a way LOL I notice we each succeeded in different ways/. I ended up by shooting an arrow at the side of the wooden window on the tower itself, the window closest to the ledge of the Inn, then I jumped to that ledge.

@Urumo:

I'm playing on "Garrett" = medium or hard

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    @Urumo:

I'm playing on "Garrett" = medium or hard
    I am playing on Keeper, but Cleman's door is NOT open for me, and neither is the Cozy. (Sorry, just realized your question may have been directed to jiansonz.)

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast