TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

I am playing on Keeper also, and Clemons door is locked and the Cosy is open. Very frustrating,

A general question:

I'm ghosting the Mission, so I did not touch the guards. However, the further I went on in the Mission, the more they are alert and attack me, even in areas I did not any "forbidden" things (like breaking in, etc.) Why is that? It makes the gameplay quite annoying.

In the meantime I tried out a few things, but still I am stuck. Cant' find the keeper's craytal, the Cozy Inn still locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    A general question:

I'm ghosting the Mission, so I did not touch the guards. However, the further I went on in the Mission, the more they are alert and attack me, even in areas I did not any "forbidden" things (like breaking in, etc.) Why is that? It makes the gameplay quite annoying.

In the meantime I tried out a few things, but still I am stuck. Cant' find the keeper's craytal, the Cozy Inn still locked.
    Urumo, to see the Cozy unlocks for you, did you click on the girl behind the counter in the STumbled Inn? and read the guest book?

Two mandatory objectives appear to be broken for me, on Keeper. I can’t find all the 1000 extra loot, and I can’t clear Cleman from his room because his door is closed as is the door to the Cozy. I have to say I don’t understand the design decisions in this mission. Why constantly force a sequence on the player, such that X will only happen when they do Y? It means that every time the player does something, they have to reinspect everywhere else in the mission in case something has now magically changed. This is tedious. It also increases the chance that a trigger will fail to work, leaving the player unable to finish. Why not simply let the player do most things in whatever order they want - get the Farage staff before trying to remove the vegetation in front of the blocked district door; pick their way into the Cozy and get the spider any time they want? I think this would make for a mission which is more Thiefy, much less frustrating to play, and much less likely to break.

@Urumo

You need to play an older savegame or replay the FM. The Inn with the spider only opens if you complete the mission from Jonas to put the crystal in the elemental.
    I think you read the book from Thereon before you get that mission with the crystal.
    Open a savegame where you did not find Jonas in his first place. Go to him and get your first Quest from him.
    After you complete this Quest go back to Jonas and talk to him and you get the next Quest with the crystal.
    Only if you complete this Quest with the crystal and give it to Jonas you can go to Thereons room.

@Marbrien I completely agree with you. I have spent so much time backtracking it's added hours to my game play. Everything seems so vague somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    @Marbrien
    I completely agree with you. I have spent so much time backtracking it's added hours to my game play. Everything seems so vague somehow.
    SO DO I, and now I have to restart the game, because I did things in a false order.

Thank you Firehawk for your infos.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    ...where you did not find Jonas in his first place. Go to him and get your first Quest from him.
    How to go to "him" who is not to be found in his first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    After you complete this Quest go back to Jonas and talk to him and you get the next Quest with the crystal.
    When I go back there the room is empty - there is nobody to talk to any more (and I can't talk to a dead body in the second hideout...

I've replayed the mission on Expert (Keeper) to access the wine cellar and some other houses. In spite of the promising start, however, the situation is getting more and more confusing. For example, I picked up Fargo's(?) wand in the mines first before finding the pickaxe, and when I went down again it did not seem to work any more (not even after 50 hits) on any rock... I visited Jonas' corpse, went through the "searching" sequence and landed in his first room, but again without receiving any crystal. I have the forest key, about 7000 loot, 13 secrets, visited all places mentioned in the previous posts, but no idea how to continue (Cosy Inn and Room#2 in the Tavern is locked, of course).
    I'm not disclosing anything which hadn't been openly discussed before, so spoiler covers appear to be unnecessary

I'm the same as Marbrien. I've met my 5000 gold but I'm short of the Silver, and I suspect it's just one nugget. Clemons door is also locked. I found the tin, then the spider, and I thought Clemons room would become available. I have thought though, that maybe he's not in his room? Has anyone tried using the tin with spider on the guests? I can't try right now I'm not on the PC.

@csamba I did like you when it came to the wand and the pick. However, like I mentioned earlier I believe I'm just missing one. I think in the cave there are only five in that cluster where you use the pick, one of a pile as you go where the monkeys go, another up on a rim, and one more, all the others are up above

The thing with Cleman is the very last thing you do in the mission, which leads to a small cutscene that ends the mission. So everything non optional needs to be finished before that can happen, even on expert.

The pawn shop is in the alley behind the stumbled Inn. Take a left when you leave the inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    The thing with Cleman is the very last thing you do in the mission, which leads to a small cutscene that ends the mission. So everything non optional needs to be finished before that can happen, even on expert.
    Necrobob can you tell me how I go about finding Keeper Jonas the second time?

The pawn shop is in the alley behind the stumbled Inn. Take a left when you leave the inn.
    The place is blocked by a fence

Necrobob can you tell me how I go about finding Keeper Jonas the second time?
    He's in the sewers after you read his journal; to enter the sewers just frob the manhole next to the police station once you've read his journal.

I am having the same problem as Urumo and others in mission 1 (I am playing on Garrett) that without having completed the objective to inspect the House of Science 'properly' and not locating the blue elemental above the back doors etc etc I went further into the mission to a point where it couldn't be completed. Cleman's door was open and he was pacing round the room (oblivious to me?) and the Cozy Inn was firmly locked up with no chance to get the spider.

I returned to an earlier saved game to make sure I did things in the right order and events seemed to happen as I suspect was intended but I'd invested too much time in the first run to be able to complete the second (didn't fancy locking another 8 or so guards outside the walls - my pc is fairly laggy and it takes forever just to load a saved game). Bit of a shame really as it's a great, ambitious mission and the new elements and story line do generally add value.

I'll Shift-Control-Alt-End to the Ravens Nest - and go carefully - as I definitely want to try it out.

Frustrations aside - thanks very much for all the hard work that must have gone into this Soul Tear.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 10th Jan 2016 at 04:58.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Unfortunaltey Garretts Diary in the first mission was heavily truncated and mostly unreadable.
    I went ahead and checked for more texts with issues.
    Those should be the fixed versions: KeeperOfInfinity2-Books.zip
    Simply extract into the books-folder - whereever the mission was extracted to - and overwrite the existing ones.
    I don't know about Garrett's diary, but it's useless files: FlikList, Garrett09 and Garrett10. I forget to remove them.

Builders sake where the heck is the
    spoiler:
    switch in Jonas' hideout

Quote Originally Posted by Kurhhan View Post
    @ Cardia

Crowbar + hold right mouse button.
    In the new version does not need to hold mouse button.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Builders sake where the heck is the
    spoiler:
    switch in Jonas' hideout

Look around the Keeper statue to the right side of the entrance.

I'm in the room where Keeper Jonas was the first time, I went back in to see if I could find any info on where he went after that, but I'm stuck in there. For some reason I can't walk past the force field like I was able to the first time. The bookcase is moved to the side also. I just can't get out

I'm in the room where Keeper Jonas was the first time, I went back in to see if I could find any info on where he went after that, but I'm stuck in there. For some reason I can't walk past the force field like I was able to the first time. The bookcase is moved to the side also. I just can't get out
    Have you opened the secret in this place and read his journal?

If not, see this message from earlier in the thread.

That should re-activate the teleporter.

jiansonz thanks so much!!

Go damn I just arrived inside the Königsfort, finally

god DAMN I have tears in my eyes, I wish I was just exaggerating. Soul_tear you are truly a MASTER

Anyway, why did you made changes with the musics in the first mission ?
    The way you used A Path Through Remembrance in the moat was very cool

I strongly recommend you make a new thread for Mission 2, and add "Mission 1" to the title of this thread. I will move any mission two questions to the new thread once it's made.

I think I have a BIG problem...
    I've just finished the first mission but thereafter clicking on "continue" the game just exits to the main menu. No second mission is loading for me

I'm having some confusion with my objectives:

The last two (wine cellar - checked, silver from mine - unchecked) are not visible.

I'd be most grateful for any suggestions to continue...

Edit: The picture is here - I don't seem to be able to correctly insert it
    Last edited by csamba; 9th Jan 2016 at 19:23.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast