TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results [SPOILERS]

So I was thinking of finally trying out Supreme Ghosting, and Disorientation seems like a great mission to attempt the mode.
    But I have a question. Spoliers ahead.
    What is more Supreme? Actually completing the quest of dragging the body to the pub or using an alternate way in as shown here by DarkMax: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkt3CNSBJg? Since the latter does not seem to be an engine exploit, does it mean that doing the former is not necessary? Besides, since there is no objective to drag the body, wouldn't moving it to a different location already be a bust to Supreme no matter what?
    Last edited by marbleman; 18th Aug 2017 at 18:18.

Hmm...I want to be careful reading too much. I have played Bad Debts but not the sequel, Disorientation. It's on my list of to-dos.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Oh man, you gotta play it! It's an absolute masterpiece and one of the very best city missions ever made for Thief.

Well, I decided to go with the latter and am currently making my way through the mission. I definitely see a successful Supreme run, but not a Perfect Supreme one. Stay tuned for the report
    Last edited by marbleman; 19th Aug 2017 at 10:00.

Done! Man, this was a blast. I am very happy I tried out Supreme with this mission. I even found out some things I never knew about it!
    This is my first ever Supreme Ghost report, so let me know how it turned out

Due to the high number of pictures, the report had to be split into parts.

Game: Thief 2
    FM: Disorientation

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Success
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time - 1:05:23
    Loot - 3500/3500 (Supreme: 2815)
    Pockets Picked - 3/5 (This is a probably a bug; there are only 3 pickpockets)
    Locks Picked - 6
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - None

Well, I finally decided to give Supreme Ghosting a go, and if there’s any mission I’d like to Supreme, it is Disorientation. It is a masterpiece and one of the best city missions ever made. It is all about exploration, but even after you know it like the back of your hand, it is still immensely fun to play. I do not know how many times I replayed it already, but I know that I will replay it a bunch more times.

Our objectives are very straightforward. We must break into Lady Azamlarg Palace, steal her scepter, and sweep the district for loot (2400 on Expert). Sounds simple enough.
    An acquaintance of ours offers some help. If we take the dead body of Issin the Exchanger from the Lady’s gallows and place it in the cellar of the Old Bell tavern, he will give us the palace key. However, there is another way into the palace that does not require a key. I have thought for a while as to which way would be more Supreme and decided that the latter is. There is no objective to move the body, and Supreme rules state that everything should be left in the exact same state as it was before the mission. Thus, it is technically a Supreme bust. I have never tried taking the body to the tavern, getting my key, and then dragging the body all the way back to the gallows. It might be possible, but it would ruin the immersion for me too much. In addition, the existence of the alternate way in means that I do not need to pick up that key, so I do not even want to spawn it in by completing this quest. While bringing the body to the cellar is one of the most difficult things to do, especially for Supreme, trust me, we will have plenty of other challenges. So let us begin!

The main limitation of Supreme, which is taking no first alerts, comes into play rather quickly. Whereas there are three different ways to take at the beginning, we can only take one. If we go down the street, we will soon reach the courthouse with a swordsman guarding the front door. There is no way to pass him without getting a first alert. Another way would be through the watch station. However, we cannot enter it either. The front door is out of the question, but even if I go through the vent, the guard will give a first alert. Therefore, we can only go through Beaurigard estate. I rope up the attic of the building bordering it, pick up 3 coins from the ledge of the Cragscleft Gate, and enter the Beaurigard estate through a secret passage.

Inside, there are a few items of interest. Firstly, there is a Beaurigard estate key, which we do not need. Secondly, there is a gold goblet in the bedroom, which we do need and can take easily. Thirdly, there is a vault at the top floor holding a torc worth whooping 250 loot. The top floor is patrolled by a guard with a lantern, and the door to the vault is a long pick. I can open it Supreme-clean, but taking the torc sets off a trap, which makes it unobtainable for Supreme. Thus, I skip the vault and go through the window instead. I pick up a green vase from the windowsill and jump over to the courthouse ledge, carefully listening for first alerts. Cannot hear any. Good. This is our only possible way to progress.

We do need to descend to the streets at some point. First, however, I enter the top floor of the Mercantile Guild through an open window. There is one patroller here, but he is no problem to dodge. I pick up 2 goblets and 2 vases. There are also 3 torcs hanging from gargoyles. To get those, I mantle the open door and then one of the gargoyles. After stealing all three torcs, I descend back to the door, close it, and leave through another open window. I make my way over to the other end of the plaza to pick up a harp. Then, I prepare for one of the trickier moves. The way to descend here is to jump down and mantle the lamppost below. However, the area is very bright, and there are several patrollers around. I wait for an opening and jump down. Now, we are down on the streets again.

It is time to loot the shops below the Mercantile Guild: the sculptor’s, the greengrocer’s, the butcher’s, and the alchemist’s. Before we do it however, it is important to explain how the area is set up. The butcher’s does not hold anything of value, just the food. The doors to the sculptor’s and the greengrocer’s are pickable, but the greengrocer himself is in the area. He goes in and out of his shop, so we can lock-block his door, thus avoiding the need to pick it. The door to the alchemist’s is not pickable, but the key to it can be found inside the sculptor’s (virtually). First, I pick the sculptor’s door, pick up 5 statuettes inside, and make my way to his attic. There, I find a loose brick in the wall separating his shop from the alchemist’s. I take the brick out of the wall and pick up the alchemist’s key through the hole. Then, I place the brick as close to the wall as I can since I cannot place it back inside of it. I exit the shop and see that the greengrocer is right on time. I lock-block the door to his shop as he opens it and follow him inside. There is plenty of shade to hide here. I wait for him to leave and then pick up a spice bag. I leave and close the door, which remains locked. Now, I can enter the alchemist’s. I unlock his door and lock-block it right away. In his attic, I drop the key right where I picked it through the hole in the wall. I also pick up a gold skull. Then, I leave and close his door, leaving it locked. Shops are looted.

Now, it is time to head for the palace! I make my way back down the street and enter the underpass leading east. The plaza here is patrolled by a swordsman and an archer that comes here once in a while. Dodging them with no real issues, I make my way down to the jetty and rope up. I want to take some loot inside the attic of the building to my left, but all the rooftops here are tiled. I have to wait until nobody is around and jump over without clacking loudly. Then, I make my way to the other side of the roof, enter the attic, and pick up 2 gold vases and a ring. Afterwards, I climb back out and jump to the balcony across the canal. This can be tricky to do without taking damage. Next, I jump over to the garden patrolled by the archer and pick up 2 spice bags. Then I wait for him to leave and make my way over the wall as shown in the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkt3CNSBJg), but instead of landing in the water, I jump and mantle the statue standing above the pool. We are on the palace grounds now!

A little side note while we are here. If we do not enter the palace and go further along the canal, we can enter Brosius estate and reach St. Tennor’s Priory this way. There are two things of interest here. Firstly, the street leading to the priory is very well lit, and the guard looking down here is stationed too far away to hear any alerts. I do not want to risk an undetected alert, so I will not be using this street at all. Secondly, there is some loot in a room guarded by a thief. He patrols here and constantly checks if the door is still locked. But here is a twist. If we pick it and close it, he will notice that and run in. If we pick it and leave it open, he will simply close it and continue his routine. Both of these variants seem like a Supreme bust to me. We either trigger a scripted response as a result of our action (not an alert, but I count it as such) or we take advantage of a breach in scripting (which might be counted as an engine exploit). In any way, I skip this loot (worth 135 in total) for Supreme. I have not found any other way to take it. It is possible to pick the door without any first alerts and take it if you feel that it is okay. Therefore, I will not be entering Brosius estate at all.

Next, I rope up to her ladyship’s quarters. Inside, there are 3 plates, a goblet, a pocket watch, and a gold candlestick. There is also palace grounds key, which we do not need. Traversing this place is tricky. It is well lit and marble-floored, and the Lady herself is highly sensitive. Now, here is where the real fun begins. Right here is the door leading to the Lady’s vault, where our main objective is found. The door can be opened by picking a lockbox next to it, but it cannot be re-locked or even closed. Besides, there is a way to get inside her vault without ever having to pick this lock, which is what we are going to do. Frobbing the second gargoyle on the left atop the bookshelf opens a secret passage. Inside, there is an elevator leading down to the Old Bell’s cellar. I re-close the passage, send the elevator back up, and pick up the escape route key. This one we need!
    We have to enter the Lady’s vault through another escape route. Getting to it is our next objective. After picking a purse off the bouncer inside the Old Bell, I wait for both him and the bartender to look away and slip out. The drunkard outside does not alert to us. Next, I make my way back to the plaza where I landed on a lamppost and from there, to the jetty where I was at not long ago. I rope back up, but this time, I follow the ledge leading up the canal. I also pick up a purple vase from a window across the canal and 2 more vases from the gargoyles inside the building whose ledge I am following. Next, I jump over into the yellow building and pick up 2 gold plates and 2 gold goblets inside. From the balcony, I can rope up to the ledge above. There are a few guards that can catch us here, but sound propagation works great (at least, I hear them whistling), and I do not hear any alerts. I climb further and end up in some kind of machine room. I go down the ladder, pick a door and turn left. There is a tunnel there, which leads to where we started the mission. The reason why we had to go all this way around is because this is the only way to avoid first alerts. The quickest way to get where we need would be to pick up Beaurigard estate key beforehand and enter it through the front door. The courthouse guard makes that impossible however. I close the gate behind me, but this is not the only time we will use this tunnel.

Next, we need to make our way back into Beaurigard estate and from there, to the Mercantile Guild. This time however, instead of dropping down to the streets, we will first enter the clock tower and pick up 5 gems from the nest at the top of it and then, enter the palace through the second escape route. Finally, I reach the room bordering the vault. I pick up a tiara and a light gem (!) and then open a secret passage to the vault. The Lady’s scepter is mine! I can also open a door to her chambers, but I cannot close it, so I will leave it be. I leave the place the way I came. Now, I need to return the escape route key to the Old Bell’s cellar.

Luckily, the Old Bell is not far. I have to once again descend to the streets by mantling the lamppost below. Then, I go down the street to the tavern. This time, all of the patrollers, namely two archers and a swordsman, were here. I had to wait for all of them to leave and then wait a little bit more for the bartender and the bouncer inside the tavern to look away. I slip in without any alerts, lock-block the door leading back to the Lady’s elevator and leave the key where I found it. I cannot hang it on the wall, so I just drop it as if it has fallen. Then, I close the lock-blocked door and slip out of the tavern again. The main objective is now finally done!

All that is left to do is to loot the rest of the district. Still, it is quite a handful. I head East to the canal and cross it using the metal bridge. Now, we are getting close to Widow’s Way where the gallows and Issin’s body are located. I decide to clear the area counter-clockwise. First, I pick a lock on the door to a shop near the poorhouse. Inside, I have to pick a lock on the moneybox. I get the coin stack from the moneybox, a purse from the shelf, and a tarnished key. This key is very important.

Next, I climb the ladder to the poorhouse. Inside, there are two floors with the first one being patrolled by a thief. Dodging him is difficult but possible. All I want to do here is pick a door at the end of the first floor. There is another pickable door at the second floor, but we do not need to pick it. I pick up gold dice and 3 coin stacks and leave the poorhouse the way I came.

Then, I take an underpass leading to the gallows, cross the plaza and come to St. Tennor’s Priory. This is where we could have emerged from Brosius estate. Along the way, I pick a purse of a hammerite archer. There are also 2 coin stacks in the window above. There is a pickable door nearby leading to that window, but we do not need to pick it. Instead, I shoot a rope into the window frame, climb it, pick the coin stacks, and jump down. While jumping down, I have to turn around, grab the rope, turn back around, and mantle the fence. I also have to make sure that the two hammerites are not around. A tricky move, but definitely doable!

Just for the hell of it, I make a real save here and drag Issin’s body to the tavern. It is definitely possible to do Supreme-clean.

The last thing to do in the area is to pick up 3 coin stacks from a window above the gallows, which is just a matter of timing the guards. Then, I head all the way back to the Old Bell.

I enter the Old Steel Mill through the door near the Old Bell. Inside, I first rope down to the warehouses and enter the room where… something happened. The only item of interest here is a gold hammer. Then, I rope back up and go through the vent into the condemned building. I jump into the water and pick up a crystal chunk. Then, I go through the vent to the elevator shaft. I ride the elevator down and pick up a key found far underground. Then, I ride the elevator up, open and lock-block the door at the top, and ride it back down again to return the key. Finally, I can ride the elevator up and close the door behind me.

Here comes another loot that we have to skip. When we enter a small room, there is skull with 2 rubies (worth whooping 300 in total) in his eyes. However, he warns us to stay away from him. If we try to get closer, he shoots a volley of fire bolts. It is possible to avoid those and take the rubies for regular Ghost, but for Supreme, we cannot set off any traps. Thus, we will leave the skull alone and flip a lever to open the passage further. We have to flip it again though to close the wall and make it to the other side as it moves back.

On the other side, there is another lever. It controls 2 portcullises, one behind each statue. We have to flip it, wait for the portcullises to open, and flip it back. While they are closing, we need to jump over the street and enter the tunnel before the portcullis on the other side closes. Then, we turn left and come to a waterfall. I rope down to the ledge below and leave the rope hanging: I will retrieve it soon. Behind the waterfall, there is an opening with a locked door. It responds to the tarnished key.

In the sewer, I make my way to a room where somebody lives, apparently. I pick up a purse and flip a switch to move the bed. Below it is a lockbox that responds to the tarnished key. I unlock it, and the secret passage opens. Behind it is a keeper sanctuary of sorts. The keeper below does not alert to anything. I pick up a valuable book and 2 gold candlesticks and leave. I re-lock the lockbox, flip the switch to move the bed back, and leave the sewers the way I came, locking the door behind me. I rope back up and go to the other side of the tunnels. I could jump to the water, but the bottom of the canal is not dark, and I cannot risk any undetected alerts. Thus, I jump down and mantle the ledge of the metal bridge. From here, I make my way back to the shop where I took the tarnished key and drop it since I have no use for it anymore. Then, I go all the way back to the Old Bell.

I rope up the roof near the entrance to the palace. The walkway above is patrolled by an archer, who is a real pain to dodge. I make my way across the pipe over to the other side of the street to pick up a goblet and a bottle on the balcony. I have to be really careful and make sure that nobody looks my way down on the streets. The sound propagation does reach up here, but the alerts are very faint. Thus, I need to make extra sure that I am not caught. I make my way back across the pipe and continue along the walkway until I reach a room with an open-able window. From here, I rope up to another ledge. On top, I pick up a bottle, a goblet, and 5 coin stacks. Then I drop down to the street by mantling a brick fence below.

Time to finish this. I make my way back to the jetty I where I have been twice already, rope up, and reach the yellow building. It is time to finally loot the watch station, and we can only approach it from this side for Supreme. Inside, I pick a purse from the rafters and another one from a patrolling guard. Then, I exit and rope up to the ledge above the yellow building just like before. One last stop before leaving the mission: I pick a pagan-styled door and enter a small courtyard. First, I loot the crazy crate-maker’s place: there are 2 coin stacks and a ring. Then, I rope up to the building opposite of his and pick up a bottle and a goblet. Excluding the skipped pieces, this is our max loot: 2815. Then, I take the tunnel leading to the mission start and finish it.

Notes:
    - Skipped a torc (250) inside the Beaurigard estate vault. Taking it sets off a trap.
    - Skipped 2 coin stacks and a purse (135) from a thief's hideout near Brosius estate. The thief's reaction to the door being picked-open is a Supreme bust in my mind.
    - Skipped 2 rubies (300) inside the eyes of a skull in the condemned building. Coming close to the skull sets off a trap.

Nicely done, marbleman!

Usually, when people say "engine exploit," they mean taking advantage of a bug or a quirk in the Dark Engine, like nudging AI out of your way without alerting them. Taking advantage of a flaw in the AI's scripted behavior (like leaving the door open so the thief doesn't give his scripted response) probably doesn't count as an engine exploit, but that's certainly open to individual interpretation.

Regardless, the important thing is that you finished with Supreme intact. Again, great job!

Thanks!
    I thought about that situation for a while, but I wanted to be absolutely sure that I Supremed the mission. I suppose it is possible to take that loot, but Perfect Supreme is still unachieveable.
    It was definitely an experience

FM: Prequel – Finals at the Academy
    Game: TMA
    Play Mode: Supreme Ghost (Success!!), Perfect Supreme (Failed...)

Time – 1:46:12
    Loot – 5457/6513 (6513 for regular Ghost)
    Pockets Picked – 1/4, Locks Picked – 20
    Back Stabs – 0, Knockouts – 0
    Damage Dealt – 0, Damage Taken – 7, Healing Taken – 7
    Innocents/Others Killed – 0
    Secrets – 7/7
    Consumables – 2 broadhead arrows, 1 water arrow, 1 holy water vial, 1 coil of rope

Comments:
    This mission includes six optional objectives, plus three bonus objectives, and although only one of them is guaranteed to show up, I decided to make the effort and attempt to complete all of them. However, I knew of several pieces of loot that set off traps, so Perfect Supreme was not an option. Regardless, I intended to nab as much loot as possible, as per usual.

Beginning the mission, I listened to Headmaster Coleman's instructions, then grabbed my bow and hid around the corner until I heard the Keeper enforcer walk away. Following him, I took the first side hall and pickpocketed Magister Talia's wand, then entered the auditorium. Down on the stage was a scroll I needed to grab, but it was resting on a stool under a bright light and two Keepers were staring straight at it. Luckily, I just needed a well-aimed broadhead arrow to knock it off (see image below).

But that was the easy part. To actually reach the scroll, I'd have to cross the auditorium's seating area, which had a marble floor, plenty of lighting, and two patrolling Keepers. My best bet was to carefully crawl along the west wall and silently drop off each ledge. Some portions weren't in shadow, though, so I had to wait until the patrollers were either backstage or facing away from me. There was slightly more time after one of them passed me until the other showed up than vice versa, making that my best opportunity to move.

However, along the way, I heard the seated Keepers give settling remarks, despite not noticing their first alerts. After a few reloads, I realized that their first alerts used their idle quotes, instead of something like, "What was that, I wonder?" In order to detect their first alerts, I waited to move until they were making idle chatter; if they changed quotes mid-sentence, that was a first alert and I needed to reload. The third level of seating was particularly tricky, because the Keeper sitting by the stage would give an alert as I passed through the light, even when I was creep-crawling. The only way to pass without an alert was to partially walk into the wall so I moved extra slowly.

Finally, I made it down to the stage and read the scroll, which gave me the goal of finding the Grimoria Necromantica. Now I had to backtrack through the auditorium, and as always, going up is harder than going down. Each ledge had a lip at the edge, so if I didn't mantle up at a certain angle, my feet would come down on the marble floor and alert everybody. After a struggle, I made it out of the auditorium with zero busts. The doors leading south from the foyer were now open, letting me access the upstairs floors.

Because of the large number of Keepers on the upper floors, I initially planned to go straight up to the attic and trigger the Grimoria Necromantica, thus replacing the Keepers with a few undead that were far easier to sneak past. Unfortunately, I discovered afterwards that the special collections room couldn't be accessed for Supreme once the zombies were loose. A sleeping zombie appeared in front of the secret door in the stairwell, and I couldn't enter via the crawlspace without a first alert from the red spider. Therefore, I needed to enter the special collections room before heading up to the attic.

First, though, I needed Coleman's unlocking ring to get in, so I stopped at the floor with the teachers' chambers. An enforcer patrolled up and down the corridor, while Coleman, Leopold, and Iolana occasionally came in and out of their rooms. Most of the doors had a shadow in front for me to hide in, though I had to be careful not to get caught if I hid by Leopold's or Iolana's doors. Once I made it to Coleman's door, I picked it open and entered his study. I grabbed the coil of rope and used it to turn one of my broadheads into a rope arrow, then pushed a brick above the fireplace to open the compartment behind the painting (Secret #1; left image below). After I grabbed the unlocking ring (which permanently stays in my inventory), I heard Coleman come into his room, so I waited in his study until he left. On my way back, I picked open Talia's room, then crossed into Osteria's room and took a gold ribbon from her basket (this way, I didn't need to pick up Osteria's key in order to relock her door).

In the stairwell, I opened the door to the special collections room (Secret #2). The sound didn't propagate correctly, so I had to peek around the corner to assess where the enforcer on the other side was. When he walked east, I could hide in the open doorway, where I was safe from alerts. I picked up a broken arrow and crept across the tile floor, where I found a safe spot just above the stairs against the south wall (right image below). As soon as the enforcer passed going east, I crawled over to the grate in the north wall and hid inside. To reach the loot in the second and third display cases, I had to dart out from the crawlspace, pick the lock for a second or two, then hurry back before the enforcer turned and first alerted. It took me several attempts each to get the cases open, though fortunately, they were stuck open. The third display case was a bit trickier, because I had to move a crate out of the way when the nearby red spider was at the far end of its patrol route. Any closer, and its sensitive hearing would detect me dropping the crate. Once I had the loot, I retraced my steps to the secret door, then tapped a button on its right side to reopen it.

In the attic, I went to the southwest corner and placed Osteria's gold ribbon to convince the packrat to drop the gem ring it was carrying. I then went to the north generator room, which contained two red spiders. Most of the time, I've seen one of them get stuck on the rafters, but today, they were both on patrol by the turbine. I simply creep-crawled counterclockwise around the room to avoid them. Beyond the generator room, I wormed my way through several stacks of crates and located a fine wine bottle behind a beam. In the attic's northeast corner, I took a webbed rat from the huge spider's den. I initially assumed the box in the back of the den to be unreachable, but I managed to find a narrow path between the spider's visual range and the glowing mushroom nearby (see image below). Next to the box was a padlock, while inside was an easily-missed pile of coins hiding under a book. Finally, I found a potion bottle in the attic's southeast corner.

The south generator room had a secret door leading to the Grimoria Necromantica, but to open it, I had to first solve a glyph puzzle. A glyph appeared on the north wall for a second, then changed into another glyph, and so on until the tenth glyph cycled back to the first one. To solve the puzzle, I frobbed the glyphs in this order: glyph #8 (which resembles a capital I), glyph #5 (which resembles a bow and arrow), glyph #7 (which resembles a number sign / hashtag), glyph #6 (which resembles a sailboat), and glyph #4 (which resembles a scythe). Through the newly-opened door, I now had to pick a lock on the Grimoria Necromantica, but it was a complex lock where using the wrong lockpick would move the pin backwards. Fortunately, it only took four picks: triangle, square, triangle, triangle.

Unfortunately, with Ohlm's spirit now free from the tome, I lost a lot of health, every other Keeper in the building died, and the halls were now patrolled by undead. For a while, I was worried that my Supreme was busted, because Supreme rules forbid me from taking damage and from killing AIs (the Keepers are killed by a script that triggers when I open the grimoire, so I'm technically responsible for their deaths). Normally, exceptions are permitted if an objective tells me to break a rule, or if a rule is broken as a consequence of meeting an objective (such as the alarm in the OM Undercover). In this case, my injury and the dead Keepers resulted from me following the objective "Find and read the Grimoria Necromantica." However, even though I did so, the objective is cancelled out instead of checked off to indicate completion, so I wasn't sure whether I could still count these as exceptions. I asked klatremus about the matter, and he felt that as long as the potential busts were the result of following the objective's requirements, it shouldn't matter whether the objective was checked off or cancelled afterwards. I trust his judgment, so I'm considering these not to be Supreme busts.

Regardless, I now had to complete the Delphanic Initiation Ritual and find 4800 loot along the way. Meanwhile, a scrap of paper had fallen out of the grimoire, and reading it gave me the optional objective to complete one of seven spells in the mission. I also knew of a bonus objective to complete all seven, so I made it my goal to achieve this. Luckily, all the spell ingredients are relatively easy to find, but because the broken arrow only appears in the special collections room, it was the only ingredient I was required to find beforehand. I dropped the scrap of paper and backtracked through the attic.

Back on the floor with the teachers' chambers, there was only a patrolling zombie – much easier to deal with than an enforcer and several teachers. In Magister Leopold's room, I opened the left wardrobe door to receive a gold nugget, but there was also a gold coin stack inside that I had to pick up directly. Over in his study were two books about Old Man Boone, with a third book in the bathroom across from Talia's room. Speaking of Talia's room, I returned there to grab a skull and Magister Pauel's room key from her desk, as well as a thimble from the dresser in Osteria's room. The key was added to my keyring and couldn't be dropped back. In Pauel's room, I took the dice on his dresser, then read a note on his desk from the janitor, who misplaced his spanner in the auditorium. There's a bonus objective to find and return the spanner, but it won't trigger unless I read this note, as well.

I descended the stairs to the principal floor. On the next set of stairs, I found a purse on the body of Acolyte Diarmuid. The principal floor was patrolled by two fire shadows, but unlike normal fire shadows, the ones in this mission were virtually deaf and didn't make any noise besides their footsteps. Because I couldn't detect their first alerts, I had to be extra careful that they didn't see me. In the library, I quickly picked open the librarian's office so I had a good shadow to hide in; as a bonus, there was a tiny signet ring on the floor (see image below). The book on the library's southwest desk gave me the objective to find a Keeper medallion. In the front office, I was able to loot the file cabinet and the safe before returning to the shadowy office. At the first opportunity, I went through the reception area to the main hallway, then ducked into a bathroom and swiped a sheet of tissue paper. Once the hall was devoid of fire shadows, I crossed the hall to the map room. I took one of the maps from the bottom shelf and examined a discolored scroll to find a partial map of the Maze of Anharra. On my way back east, I passed through the dining room and nabbed a fork from the end table.

Both staircases leading down had a sleeping zombie, so the only way to proceed was to ride down the dumbwaiter from the pantry to the kitchen. I gathered an egg, a strawberry, and a cabbage head from the tables, as well as a smoked fish from the smokehouse and a wheel of cheese from the cold storage. Up on the storage shelf, I hopped over the bags to a grate; the small room behind this grate contained a skeleton with two rings and the Keeper medallion I needed. This medallion gradually restored my health, and because Supreme rules say nothing about recovering health, I saw no issue with taking it.

A zombie patrolled counterclockwise through the corridor with the classrooms and dormitories, so that's the direction I went, too. Passing the laboratory for now, I entered the classroom after it and found one of Boone's Tales. At the stairwell, I picked open the janitor's room and took his handsaw. As I approached the dormitory hall from the west, I entered the bathroom and found another of Boone's Tales under a pile of tissue papers. Using the key I've had since the start of the mission, I unlocked my own room and read two books: a tale about Boone and a book about Rupert's curse, thus giving me the objective to end said curse. Diarmuid's room had a purse in his chest, while Milena's room had a deck of cards in her chest. I entered Joram's room to read the last two tales of Old Man Boone (thus earning me a bonus objective for reading all eight) and I entered Poldi's room to collect a writing quill and read about the Maze of Anharra. This gave me the objective to find a map of the maze, which, of course, I'd already done.

Now that I had all the spell ingredients, I entered the laboratory. For each spell, I had to drop its ingredients into the cauldron, then frob the cauldron with the wand I stole from Talia. I had to be careful when dropping the loud objects, though, as they clanked loudly upon landing, which would alert the zombie if she was nearby. The cheese, tissue paper, broken arrow, and webbed rat combined into an air crystal. The potion bottle, smoked fish, cabbage, and padlock combined into an invisibility-speed potion. The writing quill and map formed a fireproof spell. The fork and strawberry formed a minor toxic curse. The thimble and handsaw formed a petrify curse. The dice and cards formed a lesser unlocking spell. Finally, the skull and egg formed an aegis spell. My handiwork resulted in a nice pile of scrolls and such, but for Supreme, I left them all there.

Back on the auditorium level, I waited for a fire shadow to appear, then followed it to the foyer, where I hid around the corner again until I saw it go south. I returned the wand to Talia's balcony and the scroll to the stool – a thousand times easier than taking it, I might add. I shot a rope arrow at the exposed rafters by the stage lights, and when none of the fire shadows were around to see, I shimmied up to the lights and found the missing spanner (see image below). I was able to climb partway down and retrieve the rope without taking damage from the fall. After backtracking to the janitor's closet and dropping the spanner on his workbench to trigger the bonus objective, I made my way east from the auditorium to the Maze of Anharra. At last! I made it through the academy building with Supreme intact!

Although the maze had nothing but marble floors, the skeletons in here didn't pose any threat – their hearing and vision were poor enough that I only had to slow down once I got rather close. Plus, most of the maze was in darkness, so if a skeleton was walking my way, I could simply crouch down by the wall and watch it walk past, totally oblivious to my presence. It's also worth mentioning that throughout the maze are two urns and a chalice, each sitting on top of a casket. Stealing any of them causes a bunch of spectral skulls to shoot out of the wall. Also, in the northwest corner of the maze is a gold candlestick, but to take it, I would first have to put out the flame on it. Needless to say, none of these loot items can be acquired for Supreme.

In the maze's southwest corner, I activated a glyph that opened a cache under the obelisk, then claimed the water crystal and holy water vial inside. I proceeded east down the long hallway and turned north at the halfway point. After a few corners, I found some empty wall panels on my left. Pushing the button under the panels caused them to rise up and reveal a secret passage (Secret #3), with another button on the other side to close them. I climbed the particle pole to a tunnel leading to the third floor of the royal tomb in the middle of the maze. All around the walls were a total of 22 gold shields, which granted me a whopping 1650 in loot!

Peering down, I could see Rupert's skull floating through the air (left image below). Normally, dealing with Rupert would break the rules against using potions (which includes holy water vials) and against killing AI (because Rupert's skull is basically a reskinned Mechanist watcher). Luckily, because I have the objective "Free Rupert from Ohlm's curse" (which can only be done with a holy water arrow, according to the book in my dorm room), these busts are excused. However, when I blasted Rupert with the holy water arrow, his crown plummeted to the floor, and if either the apparition or the fire shadow were nearby, they would enter search mode. Therefore, I had to wait until both the apparition and the fire shadow were on the other side of the tomb from Rupert before I could end his curse and let the crown fall to the floor, alert free.

I shot a rope arrow at the wooden ledge and descended to the second floor. Because the apparition was mostly deaf and the entire floor was shrouded in darkness, I didn't need to worry about it much. Along the north wall, on the second set of panels from the left, I found a barely-noticeable pile of coins (right image below). I used the rope arrow again to get down to the first floor, where I nabbed Rupert's crown as well as the golden helm in the chariot. When I got a chance, I ran to the northwest corner and opened the large coffin. From here, I could safely nab the mask inside the coffin, but to reach the bracelet in the coffin or the knife between the nearby jars, I had to venture into the light once both of the undead were turned away. Similarly, I went over to the northeast corner, then darted over to the throne and tried to pick the lock on the chest. I could only afford about two seconds before the fire shadow turned around, though, so it took me about eight attempts to finally get it open and take the ancient key.

Exiting the royal tomb to the south, I crept past a pivoting skeleton as I went up the hallway going back north. In this dead-end was a casket, which slid aside when I tapped a nearby button (Secret #4). Beyond here was a fancy tomb with a gold animal statuette among the jars – but that's not all. Pushing the button on this side to toggle the sliding casket also caused the black coffin here in the tomb to move over, revealing a new passage which led to the treasure room (Secret #5; left image below). The chamber was chock-full of gold statuettes and other artifacts, and while I couldn't take the statuette on the pedestal without setting off a trap, everything else was free for the taking. In all, the secret tomb and its treasure room provided me with 2000 loot, giving me enough to satisfy my loot objective!

After making a U-turn past the pivoting skeleton, I was soon in the long hallway along the north edge of the maze. All along the wall were niches containing caskets, and behind the casket in the second-to-last niche was a ladder leading down into the infant burial chamber (Secret #6; right image below). I climbed up the east ladder and carefully inched my way along the pile to a gap in the wall containing a baby's health rattle. Back under the low ceiling, I flipped the switch on one of the caskets to open a hidden passage (Secret #7). Down below, I used the ancient key to unlock a pair of doors into the sacrificial chamber, where I nabbed a gold dagger and gold sheath. I relocked both doors as I backtracked to the maze.

I no longer needed the ancient key, so I returned to the royal tomb and dropped it on the chest where I found it. Back outside the entrance to the infant burial chamber, the hallway continued east and south to the maze's exit, but there was one last dead-end path. In the dead-end's very last wall niche, I discovered a pile of coins behind the casket. With that, the Maze of Anharra was clear!

Beyond the maze was a serpentine corridor patrolled by two apparitions, but unlike the other apparitions in this mission, these two could hear me just fine. With tile floors and automatic Precursor lights, though, I wouldn't be able to sneak past them. There was no sense in using any of the side doors because I'd already returned the key, but the apparitions could freely enter these doors, so that gave me a good chance to get past. I waited near the start of the corridor until I heard an apparition exit the first door around the corner. Slowly, I followed it until it entered the second door, at which point I sprinted all the way to the end of the corridor with time to spare before the other apparition came out of the third door.

I could see Aescha's endless stairs behind an iron gate, but I wasn't ready to finish the mission just yet. I flipped the switch in the corner to reveal an elevator under the statue, which led down to a passage patrolled by a spider. I had to time my descent so that I didn't come down right in front of the spider's face. Once I made my descent safely, I sent the elevator back up and took the gold coin that was underneath it.

I hid along the shadowy wall until the spider came past, and then I crept northwest and around the corner to another elevator. At the top, I opened the west banner into the room where a baby's ghost was crying. This triggered an objective to quiet the ghost, which I did easily by using the health rattle. However, based on the objective's description, I would have to bring the rattle back to where I found it. Meanwhile, in the room behind the east banner, I looked by the bed and found some coins peeking out from under the skin rug (see image below). They blended in with the rug so well, I couldn't even see them until they highlighted on the screen!

With both banners closed and the elevator back at the top, I followed the secret passage all the way southeast to a third elevator. Once again, I had to time my elevator ride, because the top is illuminated and the banner didn't seem to block AI vision, so if an apparition happened to be on the other side of the banner, I'd get busted. This time, I was able to open the banner and enter the dark room before the apparition appeared. Once it left, I picked open the chest on the west wall for a gold coin, the last available piece of loot. I reset both elevators on my way back to the iron gate, then made a few more trips through the serpentine corridor as I went to return the health rattle to the infant burial chamber.

Now I had to deal with the iron gate, which could only be operated by the nearby lever. Without a way to close it from the other side, I would have to reset the lever and race through the doors before they shut on me. This was slightly tricky, as there was a bit of distance between the lever and the gate, and if I bumped into either door in mid-swing, it would stop and not shut all the way. Plus, I had to watch out for the skeleton and the fire shadow in the chamber beyond. I stood halfway between the gate and the lever, then waited until the fire shadow was behind the tower and the skeleton had just passed me going east. At that point, I quickly turned west, leaned over to pull the lever, then did a strafe-run through the closing gate. After a bit of practice, I was able to get through without bumping into either door. Immediately, I hurried east and ducked behind the skeleton so it wouldn't alert to me when it turned around.

At long last, it was time to climb Aescha's endless stairs – or, rather, skip the stairs and climb the outside of the tower. There were vines dangling down the tower's south side, and by sticking my rope arrow into the vines (see image below), I had a straight shot up to the summit. Before me was the Potion of True Dreams, and when I picked it up, I automatically drank it to complete the mission. Does drinking this potion bust my Supreme Ghost at the very last second? I say no, because doing this checks off the final objective, "Complete the Delphanic Initiation Ritual," and the plaque next to the potion blatantly states that I must drink the potion to complete the ritual. Besides, I interpret the rule against potions to be referring to potions that somehow enhance Garrett's abilities or weaponry, and the Potion of True Dreams does nothing of the sort.

So after all that, I think it's safe to say I have successfully Supreme Ghosted this mission! But this is only the first mission of a planned trilogy, so you know what that means: to be continued…

Notes:
    - The mission stats screen erroneously says there are a total of four pickpockets on Expert difficulty, when there are actually five. The four missing pickpockets are the wands held by Iolana, Coleman, and Pauel (all of which are unnecessary), and the purse on Diarmuid (which didn't count because he died before I found him).
    - Unlocking the Grimoria Necromantica results in me taking damage and all of the Keepers being killed. These are consequences of following an objective, so they're excused.
    - Skipped a chalice and a pair of urns throughout the Maze of Anharra for Supreme. Taking any of these will trigger a trap.
    - Skipped a gold candlestick in the northwest corner of the maze. Taking it requires removing a light source, which isn't allowed for Supreme.
    - Skipped a large gold statuette in the secret tomb's treasure chamber for Supreme. Removing it from the weighted pedestal sets off a trap.

A question regarding supreme ghost rules

11. No exploitation of the Dark engine: No nudging, banner transmigration, hooking of AI with boxes, barrel polka dancing or anything that takes advantage of quirks in the Dark engine for game play advantage.

Is elevatoring considered an exploit?
    Is item stacking considered an exploit?

Conventional item stacking is not considered an engine exploit. Elevatoring is.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays