TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you gonna watch?

MovieBob is always at his most entertaining when he doesn't like something:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2016/03...n-dawn-of.html

Heh, I always thought this movie was just too big to fail. How can you fuck it up with such a cool premise, right? I still can't see it being a commercial flop though. That would be disastrous for WB and the final nail in the coffin for DC's "cinematic universe". Lots of shitty movies make a lot of money, I think this one will be like that, Transformers style, or rather well, MoS style. What a disappointment that was... And they almost had me fooled again. Damn those ad campaigns with their flashy trailers and their cool posters.

Haha yeah I've watched some of his reviews. When he likes something, he's just annoying and gushy, but that was highly entertaining.

Going to see it (Bat V Supes) tomorrow anyhow; not really excited but I'll let you know.

Did enjoy Deadpool (mostly). First half much stronger than the second I thought. The flashback stuff interspersed with the story worked well.

is Best Pony
    It's not often a title sequence has a cinema audience in stitches, but certainly that's what happened at the Deadpool screening I went to. A thoroughly and surprisingly enjoyable little film.

Superman is one of my favourite DC characters, as some of you probably know, so Devin Faraci's review saddened me considerably. On the other hand I'd already decided not to go to see BvS as nothing in the trailers had impressed me.

What's sad about Snyder's Superman is that he pleases neither the fans (because he's too far removed from the character they know) nor the ones who don't care much about the IP but want to see a good film (because Snyder's take on the character is leaden and dull).

Anyone seen 10 Cloverfield Lane yet? I'm considering going to see it at the cinema. It's supposed to be pretty good and I liked the trailer.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ok this looks good.

Reminds me a lot of one of Shane Black's earlier films, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Seen it? No? Go watch it, it's good.

edit:

also Shane Black might be directing the next Predator movie: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/...t-predator-yet
    Last edited by henke; 24th Mar 2016 at 09:08.

That does look good! I don't think I've ever seen anything of Shane Black's that is bad, so I'm well on board for that.

And yeah, if you've never seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Anyone seen 10 Cloverfield Lane yet? I'm considering going to see it at the cinema. It's supposed to be pretty good and I liked the trailer.
    I saw it a few days ago. I think someone mentioned it in the "what have you watched?" thread (whose idea was it to make two separate thread about the same topic anyway?). I don't agree with the idea that the third act is a different movie. If you've already seen Cloverfield you kinda know what's coming. And the main character arc is well developed and consistent throughout. From the opening shot to the last scene, it makes perfect sense. I would have liked a little more gore for shock value, but that's just me. All in all it's decent entertainment.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    whose idea was it to make two separate thread about the same topic anyway?
    Oh nevermind who it was. No sense in pointing fingers, let's just try to make the best of it!

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    if you've never seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, do so.
    Fully endorsed. Best thing Val Kilmer's ever done. Similarly, if you've never seen Top Secret, do so.

is Best Pony
    Wait, better than Red Planet?

verbose douchebag
    Not seen it (adds to list).

is Best Pony
    (ps Red Planet is shiiit)

That's an understatement. It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I thought Val did a better job as The Doors' front man than Jimmy M. did and Kilmer did a pretty good turn as a corpse in Dead Man's Bounty. Expressive yet understated.

His best is still Real Genius IMO.

Dr. Hathaway (to Val): I'd like to see more of you around the lab
    Chris Knight: Fine, I'll gain weight.

verbose douchebag
    He's a man of his word.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Some say the Inception BWAAAAMMM is overused in trailers, but this trailer for a documentary about tickling definitely earns it's BWAAAMMMs. This is some sinister stuff.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The first trailer for the Assassin's Creed movie is out!

I do think the plot of the first Assassin's Creed game could be turned into a good movie, whether this is that movie I can't tell. I like how it starts, but then the trailer cuts out the story in favour of (decent enough) visuals for the second half.

Looks godawful. As expected... Everything, from the costumes to the effects and the stunts, looks cheap and cheesy. Poor Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard. How did they manage to get involved in such a train wreck...

*sigh*
    I have to agree. AC movie looks badly written but interesting nevertheless. Still going to watch it.

Chakat sex pillow
    henke, that documentary trailer is something else. I'm pretty damn curious about it now even if I'm ambivalent about the subject matter, which is the mark of a pretty well-made trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    ...Poor Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard. How did they manage to get involved in such a train wreck...
    They both worked with Justin Kurzel on adaptation of Macbeth (which isn't great either, except for the visuals), and Kurzel is directing the AC movie, so I guess they just enjoy working together.