TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are you gonna watch?

Been watching the "Dude Perfect" show lately. Sure it's kinda silly, but it's fairly entertaining lighthearted fun.

Level 10,000 achieved
    TODD SOLONDZ. DANNY DEVITO. KIERAN CULKIN. FRANCES HA. BAD FEELINGS. GOOD FEELINGS. WIENER DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGG!

is Best Pony
    Hah, that looks well worth a watch.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Welcome back to the thread where I post about high brow stuff I say I'm gonna watch before turning around and just watching San Andreas on Netflix instead.

I just watched the pilot and it was excellent

I am all over this. I was cautiously optimistic when I heard about it, but it looks like they've nailed it:

Ohhh yeah. Love this book. Show looks great too.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well the Suicide Squad reviews are up and it's not looking too good GODDAMMIT. I've been looking forward to this one tho. Even bought Suicide Squad Vol.1 in a recent Comixology sale. So y'know what, I'm gonna go see it ANYWAY! I skimmed the AV Club and BMD reviews a bit and it sounds like there's fun to be had, despite a clumsily handled plot.

Hahaha! I love a good overly-snooty film reviewer: "When you compare Suicide Squad to what James Gunn and Marvel Studios achieved in Guardians of the Galaxy low-profile property, oddball characters, make-it-fun brief the film makes you cringe so hard your teeth come loose. But its a slog even on its own crushingly puerile terms."

is Best Pony
    BMD and the Grauniad gave it middling reviews - essentially 'occasionally fun and with some great acting performances, but messy and unstructured'. I'll still go to see it though, if only to wash the taste of Man of Steel out of my mouth.

(I didn't go to BvS, for obvious reasons.)

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Well the Suicide Squad reviews are up and it's not looking too good GODDAMMIT. I've been looking forward to this one tho. Even bought Suicide Squad Vol.1 in a recent Comixology sale. So y'know what, I'm gonna go see it ANYWAY! I skimmed the AV Club and BMD reviews a bit and it sounds like there's fun to be had, despite a clumsily handled plot.
    I liked the trailers too much to not give it a chance.

Previously Important
    Trouble with Suicide Squad is that TWO things have been shoved in our faces for more than a year: Jared Leto as the Joker, and Margot Robbie as Harlequin. We didn't even get pummeled with Will Smith. Or Amanda Waller, for that matter. It's a tired formula with a great cast, a weak script with a preposterous subtext, a fresh idea full of boring, and exactly what no one wanted.

Justice League looks better, even with Aquamoa. I like Batfleck, so I'm gonna give him room on that one, but if Leto shows up as Joker in a Batfleck film I'm going to murder Eisenberg, disinter him, and use his fluids to make Leto look like that permanently. (Added bonus: No more Heath Ledger's Lex Luthor)

Returning to the Original Topic, I'm interested in the new Godzilla, the Wonder Woman solo flick, Ragnarok (aka Planet Hulk), and that sex tape that dethtoll made with some random homeless dude in April. That last one is just for research and blackmail purposes, though. I'm not dropping a Hamilton to see that on a big screen, I don't care how strong the beer is. I will just spend the whole time glancing down in terror, desperately hoping I don't see a 3-D version of a hungry, sticky-kneed, shiny-faced oh god oh god stop THINKING STOP THINKING NOW.

Am I really the only one who like BvS? I just dig the new dude playing Superman (not that new, I know, I'm old, fuck off, get away from my convertible you punk kids) and I LOVE the Frank Miller aesthetic. Always have.

Um.

I'm also pretty stoked on the Ace Ventura reboot. And the Alien Nation one. Also Big Trouble in Little China, Blade, and The Black Hole. Okay, maybe only one of those. Or not.

What about the Scarface remake? Red Sonja? Anyone?

The other things which are honestly in my Very Anticipated Movies list are Rogue One, the next Star Wars movie, and that homemade. poorly-edited, non-synced shitfest that dethtoll thinks will make him millions of dollars as an Internet Celebrity. Dude, an 11" cock will only get you so far before you have to stop with the taint shots. Seriously.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post
    I'm also pretty stoked on the Ace Ventura reboot.
    What the fuck did you just say??

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man
    I'm also pretty stoked on the Ace Ventura reboot. And the Alien Nation one. Also Big Trouble in Little China, Blade, and The Black Hole. Okay, maybe only one of those. Or not.

What about the Scarface remake? Red Sonja? Anyone?
    All of these actually. I must be in a bubble. Haven't heard about any of these.

And wasn't Kianu going to do Cowboy Bebop?

Level 10,000 achieved
    An Ace Venture reboot is such a bad idea I had to google it to see if it was actually happening, and thankfully it seems not. Only news I find about it is from 10 months ago when a Morgan Creek CEO was thinking about maybe remaking it at some point. Hopefully he's come to his senses since then.

It's a shame - if they'd made another Ace Ventura film at the time, there's a fair chance it'd have been great. Now it'd just be tired and miserable like that cash-grab Dumb and Dumber sequel.

God forbid Hollywood should make a movie just to try and grab some cash.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post

Am I really the only one who like BvS? I just dig the new dude playing Superman (not that new, I know, I'm old, fuck off, get away from my convertible you punk kids) and I LOVE the Frank Miller aesthetic. Always have.

The other things which are honestly in my Very Anticipated Movies list are Rogue One
    No, I quite enjoyed BvS too. I'm bored to death of the Marvel films though. Age of Ultron was so boring I didn't bother with Civil War. I'll watch it on an airplane next time I go to a tropical island in the Indian Ocean. I liked Man of Steel though and a lot of people moaned about that too. I'm not interested in Suicide Squad; I'm done with superhero stuff now.

And yep, the Rogue One trailer looks good to me. I wasn't a huge fan of the latest Star Wars film but there was a lot to like in it.

I'm looking forward to the new Luc Besson sci-fi affair, Valerian, and the new JLawerence sci-fi effort too.

Oh, and I'm going to start watching Stranger Things just because I heard the intro track and it is off the hook!

Civil War was leagues ahead of Age of Ultron. AoU had a dearth of issues, Civil War was close to perfect.

is Best Pony
    Did it make you skip Ant-Man too? It's a little uneven in places but I felt it had a lot of heart, and ended up being a fairly delightful caper movie.

I saw a bullet review of Arrival, about aliens that suddenly show up in our orbit in imposing motherships & following the linguist that's trying to decipher what they want.
    I'm provisionally convinced, subject to goods reasons to think otherwise & my own eventual viewing, that this is going to be the hard scifi of the year.

Level 10,000 achieved
    This looks like a grand ol' goodbad time at the movies.

The guy who directed it previously made The Last Heist, which is on Netflix and which BMD says is bad and I must watch it so I guess I'll do that soon.

Moderator and Priest
    Oh damn. That looks like one of those cheesy old 90's action flicks I used to love so much back in the day. I will watch the hell out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    Civil War was leagues ahead of Age of Ultron. AoU had a dearth of issues, Civil War was close to perfect.
    This. Easily the best superhero film in years. No contest

Also, Frank Miller may be the most overrated comic author of all time. He's terrible and highly politically objectionable on top.

Level 10,000 achieved
    WHO

IS

READY

TO

GET

XXXTTTTRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????????

Rhetorical question. No one is ready to get this xxxtreme.