TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are you gonna watch?

Level 10,000 achieved
    The trailer for Trainspotting 2. Maybe don't watch beyond the first 30-40 seconds, because some of the later stuff seems a bit spoilery. It looks good tho. I can't believe it, but it actually looks good. :o

Last edited by henke; 3rd Nov 2016 at 08:01.

is Best Pony
    I know right? And here was I thinking they'd mostly be dead 20 years later.

I'm watching X-Men 9 and 3/4 aka Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children tonight.

It appears SyFy is going to make Stranger in a Strange Land as a series.

In one of these threads I said I was looking forward to it as a movie when that was announced, and then it just kind of disappeared. (As did Kenau and Cowboy Bebop now that I think about it.) So hopefully this happens. There's a lot more room for story with a tv show than a movie of course. The only catch is that for some reason SyFy series tend to rub me the wrong way, which The Expanse has been reminding me of recently. They don't have whatever it is that's making HBO and some AMC shows really stand out.

Yeah, I don't have great faith in them being able to grok it.

Level 10,000 achieved

Today in "Are you effing kidding me?" news

Oh, it's directed by the guy who did Sicario and Arrival. Hmm!

I haven't seen either of those but if I wanna seem like I know anything about modern cinema I have to mention them and make an interested Hmm! noise.

Moderator and Priest
    Things that make you go...

... bump in the night?

Moderator and Priest
    NO!

I can't imagine they could give it a JJ Abrams Star Trek-style treatment without the cognitive dissonance melting the film.
    But this is 2016 so...

Harrison Ford goes to the doctor: "I'm in a lot of pain. Can you help me?"
    Doctor: "Here's a prescription for some painkillers."
    Ford: "They're not working any more. I took a whole bottle. I... I just want to die. We passed the death with dignity act. Why can't I pass on?"
    Doctor: "I'm sorry, Mr. Ford. Your iconic roles have made you effectively immortal. You can't die."
    Ford: "Isn't there anything that can be done?"
    Doctor: "Well... I guess if your characters died?"
    Ford: "All of them?"
    Doctor: "Just the iconic ones."
    Ford: "Let's do this."

Level 10,000 achieved

LOVE season 2 is coming soon! "Seasons of Love", what is this the RENT MUSICAL? HAHAHA MUSICAL JOKES

anyway

The first season of Love was my favourite TV series of last year. Watched through it twice! And I am very hyped about this.

Favorite tv series of last year is pretty high praise given the quality of series out last year.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I should point out that I mostly just watched Netflix shows last year. So it's between this, Stranger Things, The Get Down, Daredevil S2, Better Call Saul S2, and last season of Sherlock. And Game of Thrones S6. And whatever else I'm forgetting.

edit: and Lady Dynamite and Luke Cage. There. That's gotta be everything. If someone is about to start lecturing me on all the good stuff I missed out on(yeah yeah I'll get around to Westworld eventually), do it properly and start a separate thread. It's not too late for more 2016 LISTS!
    Last edited by henke; 15th Feb 2017 at 09:07.

Can't start the hype early enough.

Black Mirror S4: http://www.dailydot.com/upstream/bla...ir-date/?fb=dd

Droogs don't age. They get more horrorshow.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Apparently there's a Sleeping Dogs movie in the works (imdb page). It'll star Donnie (IP Man) Yen, and be directed by Daming Chen, who also directed... uh... the Chinese remake of What Woman Want. Production company is Original Film, most famous for the Fast & Furious series, which is a good sign.

Kind of an odd choice to adapt a 5-year old game that never got a sequel, but I'm not complaining. Sleeping Dogs was great, and had a story that got better and better towards the end. Donnie Yen is great, and if this ends up having a feel similar to the later Fast & Furious movies, I'm down with that.

I'm cautiously hyped for this, and I'm hoping it does get made. I mean, from the Deadline post and other places I've read about it it sounds like a pretty sure thing, but you never know how these things pan out.

I tried wat hing the wire.... but its so incredibly boring... all that slang language and explecit speeches. I hate it !
    I started watching better call saul. I really like saul goodman and i can identify with him

You both are pretending to be someone you're not?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hahaha, good one Queue.

Anyway, I just found out about this thing. Apparently it's getting good early reviews!

Good Finnish movies don't come along often, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

BANNED
    going to watch The Beauty and the Beast 2017 this weekend

Level 10,000 achieved
    Gotta share this wonderful trailer for a new movie from the director of Mutant Girls Squad and Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead. (no, I haven't seen any of these)

Wait, does that mean you haven't even seen RoboGeisha? What kind of an uncultured slob are you?

Planning to see The Handmaiden this week. I dig me some Park Chan-wook, and the erotic component doesn't hurt either.

Seeing as Twin Peaks season 3 is set to screen next week, I'm all over that.