TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consortium

Level 10,000 achieved

Consortium

The Consortium sequel looked so good back when the Kickstarter was announced that I just assumed it wouldn't need my money to get funded. Turns out I was wrong. With a week to go things aren't looking great, with over $300.000 still to go before they reach the goal.

Kickstarter page

It would be a shame if this failed to get funded, since it's obviously a very ambitious and cool looking game, made by people who know how to deliver. And it's definitely the kinda thing that would be up TTLG's collective alley, so come on people, chip in and help make sure this thing gets made!

Also, the first game is free on GOG at the moment. I haven't played that one tho, because frankly it looks a bit boring. All that talking and maleable storyline is all good and well, but perhaps a bit dry if that's all there is. In my view the sequel is much more intriguing thanks to a healthy injection of shooting, sneaking and jetpacking.

Southquarter.com/fms
    They had me at "single player, first-person, immersive sim." I mean really, why wouldn't I back this project? If it ever got released, I'd end up buying it anyway.

Doesn't look very promising though. I know most KS projects get the majority of their funding in the final week, but these guy are only about 30% funded so far.

Eh, while on paper it does sound amazing, I was so underwhelmed by original consortium I'm not really intrigued by this.

The original did some cool things (like freely flowing dialogue) but the storytelling was terrible, requiring reading in-game walls-o-text to get the background. Tracking 20 people who keep switching between using names, chess pseudonyms and numbers was just infuriating. And the gameplay - good job spending 30mins on a gun shooting tutorial when you only have one fight in-game, and pretty terrible too with a bullet-sponge enemy.

I remember reading about the original over on RPS back on it's release, and was very meh towards it. This one on the other hand had me at "Deus Ex in a Tower, Die Hard style". Visually it looks better as well. Not great graphics mind you, but definitely better.

But with 5 days remaining and only 151k of the 450k goal raised, it would take a miracle at this point for it to hit it's goal.

Here's hoping.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I remember reading about the original over on RPS back on it's release, and was very meh towards it.
    Consortium was rushed to launch and took a few months of patching to get right.

Ah

Level 10,000 achieved
    Welp, 11 hours to go and they're not gonna make it. They do have a RADICAL PLAN tho, here's a video with that intense iDGi dude explaining it.

Ok, sure. Let's wait and see what happens.

Seems like a bit of a publicity stunt more than an attempt to make up the remaining funding via the super-backers. Wonder how it will pan out.

"Give us money and you'll get every other product this company ever makes!"

Takes money. Closes.

So, the big plan is to run the campaign at Fig. Which might not be the worst idea, seeing that they'll keep much more of the money and get marketing support.

http://corporate.interdimensionalgam...umping-to-fig/

Don't think this one will succeed. But time will tell.

It's doing pretty good so far, at 77% with 32 days left

Very happy to eat my words if that's the case.

Odd as the last update they sent via Kickstarter today nearly sounds like a rant about people not trusting Fig compared to Kickstarter. After reading it I expected their Fig attempt to have barely any $$$ pledged. Nice to be mistaken .

Chakat sex pillow
    Apparently Greg Zeschuk (some dude who used to be on the payroll of beloved indie devs Bioware) invested some dough, which explains them doing better on Fig. Looks like they managed to get some good PR this time around, so it should work out for 'em.

Level 10,000 achieved
    81% now!

Pledged $20.

I went for the 20$ tier as well. Got to support the design philosophy at the very least.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Very happy to eat my words if that's the case.

Odd as the last update they sent via Kickstarter today nearly sounds like a rant about people not trusting Fig compared to Kickstarter. After reading it I expected their Fig attempt to have barely any $$$ pledged. Nice to be mistaken .
    I must admit that I have only barely heard of, and probably wouldn't automatically trust, Fig. Not that I trust Kickstarter much these days either.

100% funded!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I must admit that I have only barely heard of, and probably wouldn't automatically trust, Fig.
    I guess people have had varied experiences with these guys, but to me having a crowdfunding platform that is essentially run by the founders of Double Fine, inXile, Obsidian, and Harmonix is pretty awesome. It doesn't hurt that you have the option of investing in a game instead of just pledging towards it, as well.

is Best Pony
    See, I didn't know that either!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    but to me having a crowdfunding platform that is essentially run by the founders of Double Fine, inXile, Obsidian, and Harmonix is pretty awesome. It doesn't hurt that you have the option of investing in a game instead of just pledging towards it, as well.
    The investment angle I definitely like about Fig, though most people tend to prefer neutral-type sites I think. Hence the hesitance of many towards it. Though that's just my opinion.

I actually like Fig more than Kickstarter or Indiegogo because they take the smallest cut. When I give money, I want as much of it as possible to go to the developers and that's exactly what Fig does.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons the devs asked for less this time.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Looking promising. Now that the Deus Ex series is in limbo again this may have to fill the void.