TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newdark Novice Contest - Forgotten Tomb (Feb. 22, 2016)

Newdark Novice Contest - Forgotten Tomb (Feb. 22, 2016)

Opening this thread for any discussion or questions that relate to the mission Forgotten Tomb by Kurhhan. Please post here with any feedback or questions you have. You can download the mission here. The contest thread is here.

Here's my video:

A great little puzzley mission with a nice atmosphere, and the difficulty was just about right for me. I got temporarily stumped a few times, but never to the point of getting really angry at the mission. The clues and subtle guiding were really good. Even when I ended up having to search around for something, I never got the feeling like "it could be anywhere", and it didn't take me too long to twig to where I was really supposed to look. The ring on the zombie was neat too. I really have no major complaints, it was short and sweet and very well done.

Congratulations on the release, i had fun testing this beautiful mission

Congratulations on the release Kurhhan, hope you do well in the contest

Thx Cardia and fortuni !

@ FenPhoenix

I had real joy in watching you walkthrough. There is also other ending available in the game.
    Last edited by Kurhhan; 22nd Feb 2016 at 09:11.

Pretty good mission, but the puzzles are tricky!
    I love your use of custom resources, Kurhhan. The atmosphere is quite thick, very good job on that.

In search of the other ending...

I noticed two things that weren't in the walkthrough...

At the pulpit in the "church" is another scroll case talking about how the high priest's tomb was sealed, and the high priest was found surrounded by zombie versions of his guards, and you need holy water to break through the secret wall to his tomb.

After you use the horn and the burrick breaks into the "church", there are four rocks around the evil altar that can be picked up. I haven't figured out what to do with them, though...

- prjames

Version 1.1 with minor fixes :

-CLICK-

@ prjames

It's only the debris from big boulder. Nothing to do with this.

@ prjames, try to find an item that is hidden near the remains of a certain priest. You will need to use your crowbar to get it.

OMG, music from Vagrant Story in Thief! Best FM EVER !

It's really good ,

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    @ prjames, try to find an item that is hidden near the remains of a certain priest. You will need to use your crowbar to get it.
    Thanks, I've found the item hinted at by the readable by the pulpit.

I have no idea where to use it (clearly, anywhere close to the "High Priest's Crypt Level -1" doesn't seem to work).

- prjames

Just go to the end of the mission, and you will find that you are no longer doomed to be stuck in between two magic walls.

great mission also and yes i was short on loot in this one also,thank you for making ,shocked my comp ran it with no lag

Just go to the end of the mission, and you will find that you are no longer doomed to be stuck in between two magic walls.
    That worked, thanks! - prjames

I`m stuck i havehorn and ancient holy waterand i dont know where to use it.I`m using horn on big rock but i`m only getting sound of burricks.

i can help after you use horn on big rock go back in next room in shadows and wait they should break through and atk the enemys

That fas my fault,there was some problem with the scripts,now all is working!

Fantastic job, Kurhhan! Loved the atmosphere in this mission - so tense!!

Finished with about 3000 loot short of the maximum. Wow...I'll have to go back and find what I missed, for sure!

Must be blind, I've searched everywhere near the priests... can someone point me in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post
    Must be blind, I've searched everywhere near the priests... can someone point me in the right direction
    Look not at the graves, but look where the ashes of two priests are. Look for a certain Priest Duncan, in that small space with the ashes.

Thanks JarlFrank, I had just found a note I had missed talking about Duncan's Ashes right after I posted. After I looted the Ashes area, I forgot about it...

Finished with 16587 of 16803 on Expert. This is a FIRST build!?! WOW! This felt like something a seasoned master Dromeder would throw together on the weekend because they were bored! Can't wait for future missions!

This is an amazing mission!! This would be a gem from one of the pro builders!!!
    I'm looking forward to more missions from all of the three builders in this contest. They were all enjoyable to play.

Playing on Expert. I need a bigger clue about where to find the item near Duncan's ashes that requires the crowbar, and the scroll that refers to it. Thanks.

@ Marbrien

You must first find a paper in "Embalmed Priests Chamber" (room with many open sarcophagus). Then try to do something in place indicated in the paper. But you don't need to do this. Without this you will get other ending (Bad).

Thx for all opinions about my mission.
    Last edited by Kurhhan; 24th Feb 2016 at 17:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Playing on Expert. I need a bigger clue about where to find the item near Duncan's ashes that requires the crowbar, and the scroll that refers to it. Thanks.
    The crowbar has to be used on the name plate on the floor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast