TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Wall Art" Decals & Other Thiefy Stuff

"Wall Art" Decals & Other Thiefy Stuff

This is a pack of Wall Adverts for use in the Thief Universe.
    I was rather impressed with this type of decal in Dishonored, it really added to the overall atmosphere IMHO.

These decals objects are by Jason Otto (joposter) so credit him ahead of me (you can put me in at the end for texture creation) if you use any of these in your FM. I've used these as a base as I am absolutely pants at any form of object creation!
    You can scale these to any size in DromEd. I find that if you set a decal against a brick texture with the Alpha at 0.65, the brick just shows through giving a "painted on" effect. You can experiment of course.
    There are seven decals in total.
    I've started a new thread as I plan to post some more "Wall Art" later on. I'm currently working on a graffiti pack, pertaining to Thief of course.

Cheers

-Purgator

GhostSigns.zip
    Last edited by Purgator; 9th Jul 2017 at 10:27.

Spot on, Chris.

Thanks, Purgator! They look great! I especially like the last one. Since these are objects, why not upload them to The Object Repository?

At the risk of sounding pedantic, Sven Mynell's has a possessive apostrophe, so shouldn't Bishops and Emersons have one as well?

It's a fair point.
    I could state that both Bishops and Emersons are larger brands, as it were. There is a tendency with big brands to forgo the apostrophe altogether, such as "Folgers", "Barclays" and "Starbucks" all for the sake of logo aesthetics.
    Sven Mynell is an individual in the Thief world, who produces steak imbued with spidery goodness!
    I could also confess that I just did not notice my error!

Spot on, Chris.

I'll go along with your first idea.

Sweet! This is gonna come in handy, I'm just at the point of adding these into westbree.
    I'm looking for more of wall decals. I've already picked up all i could from object repository.

I'd love to have decals resembling bulletin' boards without the board. Just lots of promotional papers, one over another.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You can also just make your own textures and use the reskinnable poster from my pack: http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2015/...ts-by-yandros/

Your reskinable objects pack was a godsend! I'm already using it and have created a few textures for it myself. I love it!
    But westbree is soo timeconsuming, with all the roombrushin', decorating, etc, that I'm looking for a few shortcuts.
    Creating variety of poster type decal textures would probably take 4-8 hours, perhaps someone already made 'em.

Some Graffiti and old posters.

Graffiti.zip
    Last edited by Purgator; 9th Jul 2017 at 09:26.

Spot on, Chris.

Those are awesome, Purgator! I love them. "The end is extremely taffing nigh!" Indeed.

You're going to hate me 'cause I have to point out one minor thing. In the top right image, the word "thou" should be capitalized, since you are referring to the Builder. "Builder, why has Thou forsaken me?"

Feel free to ignore me.

I will have to get my "wall scrawls" proofread in future. You obviously have better educated graffiti artists where you live, Tannar!
    I have changed that in a new zip file on the original post.
    I've been using various types of graffiti fonts that are available free, for non-commercial ventures. That particular font does leave the capital "T" as lower case.

Spot on, Chris.

Great job Purgator !

LOL! I said you should ignore me. And you're right, graffiti artists probably wouldn't care about spelling or grammar. It just sounded like it was written by a Hammerite, or maybe a Mechanist.

They may look like the Magneto Fan Club circa 1500, but they are in fact Hammer Portraits!
    These are based on Tintoretto's Portraits of Doges/Procurators.

HammerPortraits.zip
    Last edited by Purgator; 9th Jul 2017 at 08:29.

Spot on, Chris.

Those look great!

Really nice, Purgator! It's about time we had something like that. Well done.

Great work Purgator!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks, I've already placed them in DCE!

Wow, I love the graffiti. Well done!

I made a "floor art" decal for my last mission. I was getting portalizing errors when I placed a trim brush on the floor at the top of the ramp inside,so I made a decal with the same texture as the other trim brushes used lower on the ramp.

Russ put a "floor art" decal in Waterfront Racket also, but it was hardly art. It was in the warehouse and it was a huge smudge of dirt indicating a heavy traffic area in front of bay doors.

I guess that would depend on what kind of shoes stepped in it. I think using a decal in that type of situation is probably the best idea as oppose to using a brush with a modified version of the floor texture being used.

This is a light gem pack I have been working on. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, so I thought I would ask the good people of TTLG for an opinion. Originally, I had been working on a personalised gem with my user name on it!
    I've tried to stay close to the original with this. The texture sizes are possibly a little too big (that can be changed) considering the gem itself is quite small. These are drop in replacements.
    Anyhoo..can you give this a go and tell me what you think, please? As I've said, it's very much a work in progress.
    On another topic..today I successfully edited this thread's title! Huzzah!

LightGem.zip

Edit: Updated Zip. Missing file replaced. All files are in one folder.
    Last edited by Purgator; 9th Jul 2017 at 08:28.

Spot on, Chris.

Awesome! I'll definitely try those light gems out. Thanks Purgator!

Cheers John! This is only a demo, I will have to tweak it here and there.
    Edit: I've had to update the zip file, as I forgot a texture. Also, all files are in one folder now.
    Last edited by Purgator; 18th Jun 2017 at 13:27.

Spot on, Chris.

I'm trying to learn about making your own light gem, and your package helped me get a idea, so thank you. But I notice crytex 17 is the darkest, you can almost not see the gem, but I can never get that dark even if I put my amb light to 0. Does it not ever go to 17? Where did that number come from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast