TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    Stuck.....I`ve got all runes, but now i need 2 more triangles.....Help plzzz
    Can you tell me which ones you found? Also, have you found the map and dug up all the triangles it points to?

Yes, i need the third one, next to the "chicken" triangle

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    Yes, i need the third one, next to the "chicken" triangle
    I think they both have that so I'll give you two possible locations, whichever you haven't been to is the one you're looking for:

1) when you walk through into the lower section of the attic, there's a massive beam in the middle of the room, up on top of it is a lever.

2) downstairs when you walk from the basement north into the dining/kitchen room. If you turn around, you'll notice a little landing above with a crate on it. Search there.

Can someone point me to some cinnabar please - I feel I've searched everywhere currently accessible.

Also, going in circles searching for 2 further runes. I have found and used 6 animal keys excluding antelope and spider ones - should all runes be accessible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Can someone point me to some cinnabar please - I feel I've searched everywhere currently accessible.

Also, going in circles searching for 2 further runes. I have found and used 6 animal keys excluding antelope and spider ones - should all runes be accessible ?
    Cinnabar can be found outside above the waterfall, there is a branch sticking out of the wall up near the east exit, needs a rope arrow.

Antelope and spider keys don't exist because you can (and you probably have already) access both areas differently.

The runes and their locations: up on top of the high rafters in the attic, outside on the corner of the house on the terrace, in the room with the ladder that you use to climb to the 2nd floor, on a beam in the room with leather skins hanging on the wall, under the small circular staircase in the basement, in the wardrobe next to the skeleton, in the small room where you find the black owl.

Perfect! Thank you Dale_ - on my way again

Southquarter.com/fms
    Updated the mirror on Southquarter to ver 1.1:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...pirit_v1.1.zip

New Mission yay!!! Thanks Dale_ something new to sink my teeth into. DLing now

The mission came out of nowhere for me, and it's one of the best looking, most atmospheric (spookiest!) fanmissions ever. The moment when I heard the sound of pagan bells near the tree made me think "I love this". What a wonderful present! Thank you, Dale and everyone who contributed to this FM !

I'm stuck though and couldn't find a solution online . I'm in the "bat room" (the basement), I've got rain water and an oil flask and... I just don't know what to do next

Quote Originally Posted by Severian_Silk View Post
    The mission came out of nowhere for me, and it's one of the best looking, most atmospheric (spookiest!) fanmissions ever. The moment when I heard the sound of pagan bells near the tree made me think "I love this". What a wonderful present! Thank you, Dale and everyone who contributed to this FM !

I'm stuck though and couldn't find a solution online . I'm in the "bat room" (the basement), I've got rain water and an oil flask and... I just don't know what to do next
    Thanks

Solution: use the oil flask on the hinges of the door.

Where can I find the salt?

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Where can I find the salt?
    It's in the same place where you found the recipe.

Map query

I have been into the hatch above the cellar area entered from outside the building. There is what appears to be a map on a table, but I can't do anything with it. What else do I need to do or to have to activate the map please?

OK, got it, just after posting (as usual). I needed to use the serpent object from the owl statue table on it.

Thank you for this wonderful gift, Dale!
    I added it to my FM collection.

I can't find the triangle outside. According to the map I think it should be near the broken stone steps which once led to a platform supported on two columns and a cave entrance. But I've searched the bushes all round those steps and can find nothing. I don't recall where I found 2 fruits.Can someone provide a more detailed location please?

Marbrien, it is near the top of the broken steps in the circular area with a bush and 2 fruits . When you have placed and climbed the stick to get out of the caves & then dropped down onto the main path, turn right, heading south to reach the area .

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Marbrien, it is near the top of the broken steps in the circular area with a bush and 2 fruits . When you have placed and climbed the stick to get out of the caves & then dropped down onto the main path, turn right, heading south to reach the area .
    Are you saying it is close to the upper area in the place I have already been looking? Is the bush on top of a boulder? What is depicted on the triangle (in case I already have it)?

OK found it. A patch of ground to the right of the boulder with a bush on it highlights. Use the shovel.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 30th Mar 2016 at 10:39.

Exactly - you need the shovel for each of the four triangles hinted to on the map.

Sorry, but I'm still confused about these triangles, and the map isn't helping a great deal. Other than the one at the tail which I have just found, I don't know which of the 4 on the map I've found. In terms of the triangular frame into which the triangles fit, I have found the 2 in the central row and the 2 on the right of the bottom row. I'm missing the left 2 on the bottom row and the large 1 at the top. Thanks.

Edit...just found one buried outside to the NW of the building, but the others are still missing!
    Last edited by Marbrien; 30th Mar 2016 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Sorry, but I'm still confused about these triangles, and the map isn't helping a great deal. Other than the one at the tail which I have just found, I don't know which of the 4 on the map I've found. In terms of the triangular frame into which the triangles fit, I have found the 2 in the central row and the 2 on the right of the bottom row. I'm missing the left 2 on the bottom row and the large 1 at the top. Thanks.

Edit...just found one buried outside to the NW of the building, but the others are still missing!
    The last buried triangle is under the house in the wolf maze where you fell earlier. It's next to the hole through which you can see the green lantern.

The top triangle:
    The map doesn't point to this one, it only points to the bottom 4. This top triangle is in the room that you opened with the lion statue. If you haven't been there yet, it's better if you finish other things first. Can you tell me where you stand on the main plot?

Thanks, but I already have the triangle from the place you mentioned. I may be short of the one marked due east from the building on the map. It looks like it is in the vicinity of the waterfall, but I can't tell at what height I should be looking.

I don't really know how to answer the question about the plot. I have found the Saturn object, but no other objective is complete. I have not yet heard someone break in (which I've read about here).

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I don't really know how to answer the question about the plot. I have found the Saturn object, but no other objective is complete. I have not yet heard someone break in (which I've read about here).
    You have placed the owls on the table and got the serpent to use the map, right? When you go up to the lit corridor (where you got Saturn), can you access the east balcony? Maybe you missed the break-in

The triangle: The one east of the house is outside in the grass on the other side of the ravine. If you go back there from the house, go through the ravine and then turn right, you shoudl arrive at remains of a stone wall, it's buried in front of it on the right.

Thanks very much, Dale_ , for the excellent atmospheric and puzzle-filled mission . You must have put a lot of work into the making of it.

Completed with the two optional objectives. Not too sure if there is anything further to do with several of the items Circular Ruins book, the Black Skull of Samael or the Black Pyramid ?

Definitely needed some pointers from the thread to finish it and I found with so much to do and find - with few direct clues or readables - that it was confusing in places to know how to progress the main plot. I played a second run without needing, I think, to activate any runes or glyphs or find triangles to complete the main objectives.

Look forward to further missions!
    Last edited by Sagittal; 30th Mar 2016 at 12:32.

The break-in didn't start until after I placed the sixth triangle in the frame. I have now killed a monk in the attic, whose name I did not catch. There's a message on the wall to find the boar. There's a ball of poisonous smoke going around. I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

Strong hint: Find the Boar! It's on the wall in one of the small rooms you've been to.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast