TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by taffer92 View Post
    can't find that particular room. am I being stupid or is it hidden? I know where the ceiling compass points me to and I checked that part of the house from top to bottom but to no avail.

please, provide minor hints first.
    Slight hint: Part of the room looks like a kitchen.

Strong location hint: Ground level, in the NE.

Directions from a place I think you know: From room with frog door and ladder to the large attic area, take the stairs all the way down and go into the next room.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Slight hint: Part of the room looks like a kitchen. [...]
    thank you, kind sir. I'm all good now.

I'm playing on expert and got all 4 objectives, so I believe I'm ready to escape.

I'm short on loot, though - missing exactly 500.

tell me, how much loot is inside the walled area and how much of it should I get along the path?

btw. are the "drumming" elementals killable somehow?

AWESOME MISSION!
    great design, the level of detail! nice voice acting (got some CoSaS 2 vibe; my accolades to both actors) and good albeit very simple storyline! very good writing too.

my hats off to the Author!

The mission design is mostly excellent.

But finding yourself back at the the start of the mission without really knowing why. ( a readable would do) it can make for some serious frustration.

The mission looks great, really nice little touches, like the lionspaws. especially how well the glyphs are hidden throughout. So much to like!

But some criticism is needed, the objectives need to be tied together a lot better, I had no idea what was going on. This is one mission that deserves a objective update.

Some notes, conversations, whatever to tie it all together.

Thanks for the help so far, but need a couple of final hints:

1. Where do I find a container for rainwater?

2. i am missing a medium sized triangle. I have completed the map. Found one in the attic and another...I can't remember where!

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Thanks for the help so far, but need a couple of final hints:

1. Where do I find a container for rainwater?

2. i am missing a medium sized triangle. I have completed the map. Found one in the attic and another...I can't remember where!
    1) You should find something in the Dragonfly Room with all the rune symbols on the ceiling for the container

2) There's one triangle in the kitchen room with the bear skins, high up near the stairs or one in the code room

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    2) There's one triangle in the kitchen room with the bear skins, high up near the stairs or one in the code room
    Thanks Sagittal. It must be the Kitchen. But I cannot see where. Going to need an outright spoiler.

And - D'oh!! the empty bottle. I had it all along!!!!!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Thanks Sagittal. It must be the Kitchen. But I cannot see where. Going to need an outright spoiler.

And - D'oh!! the empty bottle. I had it all along!!!!!
    When you enter the kitchen with bear skins from the basement and go up the stairs, turn around, you should see a little landing on the beams with a crate on it. There's a glyph that opens a secret door.

Thanks very much Dale_.

Completely missed that. My gamma was too low to make it out - it looked to be part of the passageway!

Quote Originally Posted by taffer92 View Post
    thank you, kind sir. I'm all good now.

I'm playing on expert and got all 4 objectives, so I believe I'm ready to escape.

I'm short on loot, though - missing exactly 500.

tell me, how much loot is inside the walled area and how much of it should I get along the path?

btw. are the "drumming" elementals killable somehow?

AWESOME MISSION!
    great design, the level of detail! nice voice acting (got some CoSaS 2 vibe; my accolades to both actors) and good albeit very simple storyline! very good writing too.

my hats off to the Author!

Thanks,

Sorry forgot to answer about the loot. There is only 200 worth on/in the house I think but if you count the escape tunnel too, it would be more. Most of it though is in the surrounding areas.

I am getting confused between the triangle locations, here is a picture of what I am missing.
    http://i.imgur.com/57HLii9.png

Have a great time!

Great mission, Dale_! thank you very much.

I am missing the triangle in the low corner on the right and the triangle on top as well. Any hints?

Triangle in bottom right corner: If you go back from the house, across the waterfall area and back into the mountains, go down the hill toward the end until you're facing a rock with bushes on top of it (where you find 2 fruits). The triangle is buried on your right.

Top triangle: It's in the house, inside the room that you can open with the lion statue. There's a wardrobe close to the windows, examine the pillar on the left next to it.

Found both of them: thanks!

So far I have completed all the objectives, but I cannot enter the room with the map (I already have the serpent).

Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Found both of them: thanks!

So far I have completed all the objectives, but I cannot enter the room with the map (I already have the serpent).
    You should be able to stack the crates high enough so you can reach it, frob it open and then shoot a rope arrow through into the ceiling and climb up.

Thanks a lot for this fine mission!
    Quite difficult, but very well done.

DALE! Thank for the adventure. The placement of things was odd, and I wish there was more story behind why the object are what they are. I look forward to any other missions you may be planning, I would like to sneak around more.

I had an interesting feeling slow floating down (Saturn magic) into the mountain on my way out with sword drawn. It had a oblivion/skyrim feeling. Thanks again.

Ghost
    Just starting...

Found the lantern in an Andy Gump. I've gone through the burrick caves, picking up some loot; found four rope arrows and a stick to get me out of the caves. (And please don't tell me I have to go back there for something!)

I toiled up the road and found what I think is the outside wall of the house. I'm standing near what I think is a water puddle just outside the house. But I have no clue how to proceed, no keys, crowbars, rooms, triangles, glyphs, owls, zodiac signs, or presidential candidates. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Just starting...

Found the lantern in an Andy Gump. I've gone through the burrick caves, picking up some loot; found four rope arrows and a stick to get me out of the caves. (And please don't tell me I have to go back there for something!)

I toiled up the road and found what I think is the outside wall of the house. I'm standing near what I think is a water puddle just outside the house. But I have no clue how to proceed, no keys, crowbars, rooms, triangles, glyphs, owls, zodiac signs, or presidential candidates. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Have you gone through the area with the waterfall? From what I understand you haven't seen the house yet because you are stuck outside the wall that surrounds it?

Ghost
    Dale_,

Well, when I was in the burrick caves, I jumped into the water; couldn't get anywhere, so I climbed back inside the caves.

Other than that, I'm still on the outside of the walls, next to the water puddle, and can't see a way into the house. Were there any keys or other tools -- other than the lantern, rope arrows, sword, arrows -- that I should have nabbed while in the caves?

Dafydd

Dafydd: I think you missed one item that allows you to climb up into another exit out of the burrick caves. When you enter the burrick caves, climb up on the rope and turn left, there should be a burrick standing there, facing you. On the left you can find a stick. Grab it, go back a bit and walk into the far right (you should pass the flies) where you can put the stick on a rock and climb up.

Ghost
    Dale_,

No, I already did that; I don't think you can get to the house without having used the stick.

My question is, given that I'm standing at the wall of the house, next to the puddle, how do I get into the house itself?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Dale_,

No, I already did that; I don't think you can get to the house without having used the stick.

My question is, given that I'm standing at the wall of the house, next to the puddle, how do I get into the house itself?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Turn around, follow the lefhand side of the cliff walls until you overlook a waterfall way down. Make your way across the ravine by jumping on ledges and at one time climbing a tree branch. (alternatively, make your way down into the ravine (hopefully in one piece) and climb up on the other side).

If that doesn't help enough, watch a bit of this video. At 4.15 is shown the approach to the wall I think you are talking about. The player in the video reaches the ravine overlooking the waterfall at 5.07.

Bravo Dale! Really master levelmaker.. lake Picasso. Many Thanks for C.t.Spirit.

Ghost
    jiansonz,

Heh, as usual, right after I posted my inability to get inside the house, I got inside the house!

I got the crowbar, which I used to get into the dragonfly (I think!) or wasp room; from there I found a crawlway that took me to another room, this one with the motif of a goat or somesuch.

Haven't explored that room yet...

Dafydd

Ah OK, I didn't think you had actually made it to the house grounds.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast