TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

@A6

Cauldron...
    spoiler:
    toss a flare at it.

Cat Door..
    spoiler:
    rope up to the high window at the front of the house

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Standing right in front of the combo panel. Can I just get the numbers?
    It would break the plot if you entered them without getting them. Have you used the owls yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_ View Post
    It would break the plot if you entered them without getting them. Have you used the owls yet?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Yes
    If you go up to the corridor with all the animal doors (pelican, goat, etc), you should hear someone break in, examine that area.

If you go up to the corridor with all the animal doors (pelican, goat, etc), you should hear someone break in, examine that area.
    Did that, found a mage in the attic with the crystal ball and killed him. Can I put those dust clouds out with water arrows? Sounds like fireballs...

As for the boar, where is it again?

Ghost
    Dang, I have one triangle to go -- the middle sized triangle on the left. Where would that one be found?

Also, I got some of the glyphs (runes?) that cause the ceiling zodiac symbols to light. But how can I find the rest of them? Some are already lit, but others are not; and I have no idea where the runes/glyphs are to light the unlit ones.

I have four lit: The one that looks like the number five; the one that looks like a target; the one made from an X connected to a C; and the circle with a cross poking outward, away from center.

The ones that are not lit are the one that looks like a banana; the circle with a cross poking inward, towards center; and the one just like the previous one except it has horns.
    Last edited by Dafydd; 6th Apr 2016 at 23:16.

Dafydd: You can check this post for all the runes' locations: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2314352

Acolyte6: Walk under the bed, ladder up to the 2nd floor, at the end of the corridor.

Ghost
    I'm really close to the end, I think; all I have left is one last triangle, the middle sized one on the left of the triangle board. Anybody remember where that one came from?

Thanks,

Dafydd

(I got the Saturn thingie; what did I read about flying or floating? I'm puzzled.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I'm really close to the end, I think; all I have left is one last triangle, the middle sized one on the left of the triangle board. Anybody remember where that one came from?

Thanks,

Dafydd

(I got the Saturn thingie; what did I read about flying or floating? I'm puzzled.)
    The Triangle: Either in the attic next to the cat door, there is a secret lever up on a beam. Or in the kitchen/dining room with the leather skins, when you go back down the stairs, there's a little room up on the rafters with a crate on it.

What Saturn does: When you frob it, it will make you defy gravity like a slow-fall potion. You can use it to get down from the attic, roof, windows, escape tunnel etc. There are several clues that lead up to it, such as the painting in the attic that depicts a deer leaping off a cliff with Saturn in the sky, or Anita mentioning in her diary that Samantha "used magic to float down into the ravine", and also several architectural indications that the house owners had the power to levitate/fly/float: The attic door that leads south opens into a huge drop for no apparent reason, the escape tunnel does the same, the wolf area has no stairs or lift to get out of, the map room and the black owl room can only be accessed from the bottom with no ladder or anything in sight. All these are indications that the house owners harnessed the power of levitation from this artifact.

Ghost
    Thanks, Dale_, I finished with all the objectives and all the secrets (with lots of help!).

I do have some questions: Anita says that the "Garrett" character, I forget his name, was there before and caused terrible damage. Was Anita mistaking him for Lansford? Was the "Garrett" stand-in actually the young boy who ran to warn the magical family about Lansford? Is he actually Lansford's son? Or is he a total stranger?

Anita accuses him of lying when he says he's never heard of Lansford. Was he lying? Or is he really just a friendly stranger? But if so, and he's not a thief, why bother to break into the house in the first place?

Enquiring minds want to know... and so do I!

Cheers,

Dafydd

Argh stuck trying to find the rune on the "terrace".
    Is that the the one on the northeast side, southwest side or what(head level, foot level..)
    Thanks in advance.

More explanation on the story (spoilers ahead):

Ortis (the "Garrett" character) has indeed never been to the house before, he's just there to try to find out what was going on. The reason Anita accuses him and suspects that he has something to do with Lansford is because Lansford didn't attack them on his own back then but with a group of people that he convinced about his cause (convinced them that Anita and Samantha are evil), and ever since then everybody who has broken in only did so with ill intentions (Lansford's son).

From Anita's diary: "They are coming. [the boy] said they will stop at nothing."
    From Samantha's diary: "There were a dozen of them, the barricades we put up as a precaution didn't hold, in the least."

Given how Lansford turned everyone against them and how he's preparing to destroy them now, Anita was quick to assume Ortis was one of them, or maybe a spy sent by Lansford.

Also, when you find Anita's body, you can notice the skeleton is missing its skull and there's an unusual-looking hammer lying next to her. If you think back and revisit the cave at the beginning where you found the sword and rope arrows, there's a body of a man whose torch has gone out and there is some disturbing imagery drawn with the torch on the cave wall. This was actually one of Lansford's men who 'did the job' (killed Anita with that hammer), but as he did it more out of fear and conviction that they were 'evil witches', he soon went into this 'what have we done' mode and when he got lost in the cave, the guilt and horror of what happened at the house drove him to madness as he scribbled the image he couldn't get out of his head on the cave wall - killing Anita with the hammer, you can notice the drawing of the hammer is the same as the model that lies next to her skeleton in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamo View Post
    Argh stuck trying to find the rune on the "terrace".
    Is that the the one on the northeast side, southwest side or what(head level, foot level..)
    Thanks in advance.
    Southwest side, above head level.

Ghost
    Dale_,

Interesting! I like FMs with actual stories.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Okay, I am stuck. I think i have been in almost every room except of the cat one and I don't know what to do. I got a shovel and I found 2 glyphs I think. What should I do next?

Finished! Really lovely mission. Didn't expect to have so much Lots and lots of congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by zomfg1234 View Post
    Okay, I am stuck. I think i have been in almost every room except of the cat one and I don't know what to do. I got a shovel and I found 2 glyphs I think. What should I do next?
    Have you used the petals yet?

Have you used the petals yet?
    No, how do i do that

No, how do i do that
    Read Anita's diary again, there's a clue on the first page. The attic is the room behind the raven door.

Read Anita's diary again, there's a clue on the first page. The attic is the room behind the raven door.
    I think I've been there and I haven't found anything so far ( I mean the ravine)

I think I've been there and I haven't found anything so far ( I mean the ravine)
    The petals are at the bottom of the ravine in the bushes.

The petals are at the bottom of the ravine in the bushes.
    Oooh, I found them at the beginning, I just dont know what to do with them.

Maybe that will help, I have a: lion statue, shovel and petals.

Oooh, I found them at the beginning, I just dont know what to do with them.

Maybe that will help, I have a: lion statue, shovel and petals.
    The first page of Anita's diary mentions:

"Tuesday:
    Dear Sam, guess what... rain again. Samantha truly needs to learn to master her emotions. Her sulking is going to bring floods to the whole village. I suppose that's what puberty does to you, magic or not. Now that I reflect on it, perhaps I shouldn't have been so harsh on her for that. She used all the magic she had been saving up to float into that ravine outside the gate and bring me a flower petal to my study in the attic as a peace offering. Poor thing, she only does that when I am truly livid. I shouldn't think that was the case this time. I hope not. "

You need to bring the flower petals to her study in the attic to get her to talk to you. Put them on the desk with the glass orb.

The first page of Anita's diary mentions:

"Tuesday:
    Dear Sam, guess what... rain again. Samantha truly needs to learn to master her emotions. Her sulking is going to bring floods to the whole village. I suppose that's what puberty does to you, magic or not. Now that I reflect on it, perhaps I shouldn't have been so harsh on her for that. She used all the magic she had been saving up to float into that ravine outside the gate and bring me a flower petal to my study in the attic as a peace offering. Poor thing, she only does that when I am truly livid. I shouldn't think that was the case this time. I hope not. "

You need to bring the flower petals to her study in the attic to get her to talk to you. Put them on the desk with the glass orb.
    Got everything I needed, thanks a lot for your time and have to say - you made a great mission!
    Last edited by zomfg1234; 10th Apr 2016 at 12:45.

How do I get into the attic study? I can't find the key to it (looks like a rooster?) anywhere.

Fun mission so far, but these obscure keyhunts are really tough.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast