TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief: The Black Parade, a campaign for Thief Gold

OMG...You guys are just awesome, and knowing how fast you work, we may see this campaign sooner than some may expect

By the way, here's my attempt at making one of the screenshots look like a scene from the original briefings. Hopefully it's not too bad:

Last edited by Dev_Anj; 10th Apr 2016 at 00:51. Reason: Added image with higher contrast, think it looks closer to original style.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    skacky, what about The Long Shadow Falls?
    That was the original name for Endless Rain (released in 2014).

OMG!! This is so damn exciting. I hope you get the talent you need to get this done. It's been awhile since we've seen a campaign this large.

Wow! That looks fantastic!

wow, this is awesome. and it's just as awesome knowing this will almost certainly be realized and put in our hands at some point because of the proven passion and talent of the authors involved!

Classical Master 2008
    Amazing! So that's what you guys have been up to.

Time to get hyped!

About briefings and voice acting, do you intend to put subtitles like Dale did in Coaxing the Spirit ?
    It would be very nice !

I'm volunteer to make the french translation, Azaran do you want to help me ?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Help needed, but we are lacking the talents for voice acting. If you are interested in helping
    Morning Fella, I can help with this.

Woo-hoo! I was playing Endless Rain for the first time last night and thinking how awesome it would be for Skacky to get involved in a campaign!

Hope you can find the volunteers you need!
    Last edited by TannisRoot; 10th Apr 2016 at 08:25.

OMG This is wonderfull!

Wohoo, these are really exciting news. The screenshots showing the city are awesome; such a detailed view of the city and incredible high towers. I cant wait to drop a guard from this height...
    Great work!

A technical question: Is it possible to play TG FMs by placing it into my T2 FM-directory or simply run it as a T1 FM? I do not own Thief Gold and I never tried such an "experiment".
    Most FMs out there are T2 FMs, it would be great to make an optional T2-compatible file, if the effort is not too huge for you and your team.

Wow ! This looks great.

Amazing! There's no other video game that I'm more excited about, than this campaign.

A technical question: Is it possible to play TG FMs by placing it into my T2 FM-directory or simply run it as a T1 FM? I do not own Thief Gold and I never tried such an "experiment".
    Most FMs out there are T2 FMs, it would be great to make an optional T2-compatible file, if the effort is not too huge for you and your team.
    I think I've tried it once on a New Dark mission. It kinda worked, but a lot of textures were missing etc.
    Why don't you buy Thief Gold on GoG ? It's only 10$ and it's totally worth it.

I am LOVIN this!!!!!! This is wonderful news, it goes to show how alive this community is!!!

Wait... TEN missions???!!! Ten? 10? As in, a one and a zero? As in, nine plus one? As in, TEN!?!?

I haven't been this excited about a game announcement in the last ten years. Seriously.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Severian_Silk View Post
    Why don't you buy Thief Gold on GoG ? It's only 10$ and it's totally worth it.
    And only $7 on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    Wait... TEN missions???!!! Ten? 10? As in, a one and a zero? As in, nine plus one? As in, TEN!?!?
    Yup, ten. The screenshots in the OP are from five different missions.

Thief 1X: Shadows of the Dark Project. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    Buy Thief Gold. For the original campaign as well as what FMs are available for it. I'm sure it'll be on sale between now and this mission's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    Wohoo, these are really exciting news. The screenshots showing the city are awesome; such a detailed view of the city and incredible high towers. I cant wait to drop a guard from this height...
    Great work!

If you don't have a copy of Thief Gold, I usually have an extra gift copy on hand. I buy it whenever it goes on sale to hand out to people that I'd like to introduce the world to.
    Shoot me your steam username and I'll send it to you if you'd like.

These are excellent news, 10 missions !!!??? Holy Molly! it looks amazing from the screenies.
    Last edited by Cardia; 9th May 2016 at 05:43.

a easy way to make like thief cutscene pics,make pic black and white,then add a sepia tone shader over it,then adjust the contrast,and you got a close version to it

yes i am a artist

Very, very impressive work so far! Would love to play this after my current playthrough of TDP.

I created the briefing videos for Thief 3 (the full set is on YouTube and some further details here), which are included in the Sneaky Upgrade. I would be interested in working on the briefing videos for The Black Parade if you'd like. The only thing I can't provide is original artwork (apart from typographical stuff, like in this test video), so the videos would contain (photoshopped) screenshots from the game itself. Unless somebody steps forward for the creation of artwork, of course.
    Last edited by mensch; 11th Apr 2016 at 08:17.

Ambitious. Hope you don't have a wife/husband to complain about your hobby. Whoever made that map must be a very patient individual. All pencil-drawn? No computerized skullduggery?

Wow! Ten missions? This won't just be just a campaign, this is the size of a full-fledged game. This will be the next T2X! Absolutely hyped.