TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief: The Black Parade, a campaign for Thief Gold

Oh wow - as a (re)-newcomer to Thief FMs, this is incredible news! skacky, I just played through Between These Dark Walls and am starting up the much-hyped Endless Rain - it's wonderful to hear you're working on something like this.

Best of luck for everyone working on the project. I've never done any voice acting or Thief-related modding, so I doubt I can be of use, but feel free to contact me if you're desperate :P.

I do have some experience working on mods for other games. The largest project I ever did was for Rome:Total War - a mod that took over 10 years to reach completion. The developers, upon realizing the amount of time a full project would take to release, decided to release "mini-campaigns" that showcased small chunks of the map at a time. That decision kept the mod going despite a near-total turnover of contributors, in part because fan interest would bump up with each mini-release.

A model like that may not work well for a campaign like this, given the considerations of narrative pacing. But maybe it's something to consider if the project starts to take on a life of its own (as all such projects seem to!).

Anyway, best luck, so looking forward to this!

Thief2X

This looks absolutely amazing and I love that it is Thief Gold. Always wanted to see more done with that game. I have not been able to bring myself to play anything Thief related since spending all that time working on T2X (major burn out), but this is something I definitely want to check out.

Wish you guys every success and cannot wait to play it!

Waiting for this to come out, any idea on a date for release ?.

I found out about this five minutes ago, and now I'm hyped as shit.

Looks amazing! Not to get salty, but why can't the folks at Eidos even remotely capture what a team of four people is knocking out of the park?! Ah, it's too late! THE SALT, I'M COVERED IN IT.

Silently going nuts over this, love the way it looks

Small status update today: we're making good progress and two more expansive missions are now mostly finished. FireMage has also been working hard on the campaign's new tools and objects and they're all really good fun with lots of creative possibilities. He also made quite a lot of new AIs and revamped a few classic ones. We found an artist for the briefing art and we also finally found a voice actor for our (anti-) hero, Hume, who is none other than the very talented Goldwell!

Here are a few screenshots from these two missions. Still a bit empty for now but they won't be for very long.

This looks amazing!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

suuuuper awesome!

Can't wait to climb that cathedral! I'm still amazed by how much the mission screenshots ooze that unmistakable atmosphere of The Dark Project. Also, great that you've found an artist for the briefing art, it will undoubtedly enhance the whole campaign.

This can't be happening. Goddamn. Looking at those screenshots made my jaw drop.
    I really can't wait to see more on this project!

I was trying so hard to forget about this upcoming campaign. One day I'd simply see the release and be surprised. And now I'm really excited again.
    I'm grateful for the update and pleased to hear the good news, but you do realize you're causing a lot of impatient drooling in the community?!
    Anyway, I hope you guys can enjoy working on this project at least half as much as it looks fun playing.
    Now, what was I looking forward to...

TOP NOTCH!

Props to you for luring-in Goldwell!

Nice work folks! I especially like the third screen down. Love those archways and how you can see through the glass door into the rooms beyond. A lot of depth in a simple shot.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Nice work folks! I especially like the third screen down. Love those archways and how you can see through the glass door into the rooms beyond. A lot of depth in a simple shot.
    Yeah, and look at all that marble

I'm still so excited for this. Good luck on the rest of the project

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post
    Yeah, and look at all that marble
    LOL I always farm the green areas first before going into anywhere.

This is going to be like experienceing Thief Gold for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    This is going to be like experienceing Thief Gold for the first time
    Hah, that's just what I was thinking. The screenshots just scream 'atmosphere'.

I kinda like how the main character is named Hume, a favorite philosopher of mine

Yeah. I do wanna hear more on this 'Hume' character and his backstory. He sounds pretty interesting

How did I miss this? Hype is real.

I'll get excited when it's in my computer and I can click "PLAY"

I was looking for some fms similar to Chalice of Souls, Endless Rain or Dirty Money, and then I found this.
    Now I am very much looking forward to the release of the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    (..) warm glow behind soot-encrusted stained glasses from towering gothic spires and the menacing dark polluted clouds above, spartan religious chants, hissing furnaces and echoing hammers from mechanical cathedrals --- or simply put this picture,

Now that's the vision for the atmosphere that I can truly appreciate

I'm not a big fan of not playing as Garrett though, because it's hard to imagine someone as skilled as him from the lore perspective. But maybe you've already taken care of that as well, we'll see.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by czyys View Post
    I'm not a big fan of not playing as Garrett though, because it's hard to imagine someone as skilled as him from the lore perspective
    You don't have to play well if it makes you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by TannisRoot View Post
    You don't have to play well if it makes you feel better
    Heh, I can hardly afford that playing a mix between Ghost and Supreme Ghost only.

But I mostly meant that even as a different protagonist you still use the same game's mechanics for hiding, climbing, lockpicking etc. So even though you're not Garrett it's hard to feel it through gameplay.

But I'd imagine that with proper lore I could get used to any protagonist, because it's really only a minor hiccup.

So yeah, basically I have high hopes for this one