Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 21st Apr 2016 at 05:54. Reason: more info

Zombified
    if modifying an already existing qvar value is what you want, it should be
    Code:
    ObjProp XXX "TrapQVar"
    {
    	"" goal_max_diff_1 2
    }
    with XXX being the obj id/number of the QVar marker. or check the Shadow of Doubt fixup dmls, I did some extra qvar dml stuff there.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Looks like it's a existing qvar. But where? Not on objects I guess.
    It's written in Editors-->Quest Data. I need to edit/delete a line there with a dml. This is a final goal with a welcomeroom-script.
    I already added a trigroomplayer script on that room and linked it to a qvartrap (which is working according to Dromed).
    But I couldn't find a way to edit that line in Editors-->Quest Data.

Zombified
    you can set the prop on a junk object via dml and link it to something that will fire it during the mission. the question, why would you want to do that if you can just edit the map? or can't you? it feels like you are misunderstanding the dml use a bit here.

I already put a TrigQVar-script on a junk object and linked the trigger to the object.
    The problem is, that the quest data doesn't get overwritten. So I need find find a way to delete it or change it.
    I'm fixing a mission and I don't want to do it in DromEd (in Dromed, it's easy).
    I already fixed a big bunch of stuff with dmls. It works just fine. This is the last issue.

Zombified
    you also need to put the script on the junk object. then check whether any errors are thrown out (dbmod_log 10 needs to be set in cam_ext) while the map is getting loaded into the regular exe (dbmod.log). if everything is good, check whether the prop is getting assigned after the trigger fires (dromed, set game_mode_backup 0 in dromed).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 13th Apr 2016 at 16:23.

I can add

goal_max_diff_1 2

with an dml. I can see it in the quest data after setting game_mode_backup 0

but this is just an additional line in Editors--> Mission Quest Data

The 'old' "goal_max_diff_1 1" is still there. I think I need a way to wipe out that line completely. It's just troublesome.

Zombified
    not much experience with goals, but I guess you need to tell it to modify an already existing goal somehow.

I don't see anything in the documentation that suggests quest vars can be edited before the mission loads, but that's when objectives are initialized.

I just did an interesting experiment. I have a mission with a no-kill goal for Expert only, so I set up three TrapSetQVar objects, (actually I used the NV version, triggered on Sim). One of them set goal_min_diff_X to 0, the second set goal_visible_X to 1, and the third one set goal_state_X to 0 (when I first tested, it showed up as cancelled).

In game, on Normal, I saw the goal only after the mission loaded (makes sense), and when I killed someone the mission failed. The goal was marked as failed when I checked just before the 'failed' movie, but in the stats screen it appeared as 'incomplete'.

So it looked odd afterwards but everything else worked as it should.

Sounds interesting to me. May I have that demo?

Another DML issue
    I wanted to modify an anim light
    The DML looks like that
    +ObjProp 308 "AnimLight"
    {
    "max brightness" 30
    "min brightness" 20
    "radius" 20
    }
    max/min brightness was assigned correctly (monolog) but the radius is not

LOG: dpPatch> WARNING: cannot find field sAnimLightProp::"radius" (prop "AnimLight" ObjID 308), skipping
    I wonder why.

Zombified
    because it's "radius (0 for infinite)", see proplist.txt (dump_props_full in the Dromed command window will create it). do note that you won't be able to affect props that require relight for the change to get applied (the new values will get assigned, but there will be no effect without that relight).

Okay. But why was max/min brightness assigned? This requires a relight in DromEd as well. I didn't relight the mission, it's just in the DML. As far as I can see, it's working fine.

A setup like that

+ObjProp 248 "Light"
    {

"brightness" 10
    }
    Is working, too
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 21st Apr 2016 at 08:03.

Zombified
    the dml just assigns the props, it has no way of knowing whether that has an actual effect. so some things might not work - feel free to experiment (I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do anything with the lightmap, as that one is baked into the level. turning it off and on, or making it flicker differently should be no problem).

I know that mode and millisecs to brighten/dim do work via dml, did not try others.

another place where dmls are very limited is modifying physics related props, for most of the physics stuff there is just no effect, even though the props get assigned properly.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 21st Apr 2016 at 09:40.

Setting light/animlight with dml has an effect without relighting. I can see it.
    I leave that radius as it is.

ZylonBane
    It may have had some effect, but it certainly didn't have the correct one. At best you could probably make an existing animlight darker, but you certainly couldn't make it brighter, because that would require relighting the level.

I want to add a Stim with Agent to a custom Metaprop. The DML will only accept the OBJ ID which can't be used by others of course and a string will fail.

So is this currently impossible?

Zombified
    creating a new stim is impossible, but assigning an already existing one should be no problem.

Problem is the Agent Object in the Receptron. Which should point to a manually created one.

Zombified
    you should be able to use a concrete obj id there, but not the object name, if memory serves. does the log/console spew any errors when trying to load the dml?

I've a problem with a old T1 mission. It only has a single objective in the quest data.
    There's no objective displayed. I made it visible. That worked.
    The objective is to kill somebody. I've put trigslain on the guy and linked it to a qvar-trap. Killing him completes the objective. That worked, too.
    Everything is fine. Wait! The mission wouldn't end. I don't know why.
    btw., it's Ducal/Hammer Asylum

http://thiefmissions.com/m/hammerasylum

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    When you say the mission doesn't end, are all other goals complete when you kill him or when you expect it to end?

This is the only goal.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    So there's a single goal and the mission doesn't end when it's marked complete? All I can think to ask is

1. Are you perhaps playing through Dromed with no_endgame set in your cfg file?
    2. Do you have the VictoryCheck script on the starting point?

There isn't a whole lot else that can cause that.

I checked it in DromEd and in Thief.exe. It doesn't end. I know, the monolog would show "engame requested...", anyway.
    Victory Check is on the starting point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast