TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Iron Heart (April 2016)

T2 FM - Iron Heart (April 2016)

Hi everybody!
    Here's my first fan mission ever released, it's called Iron Heart. It's quite hard even though the beta-testing made it easier, you can expect platforming in there and really punitive enemies. There aren't a lot of places worth showing in this one, but I have a couple of screenshots to show you what it looks like in there!
    Also I'd like to thank Tannar, Dev_Anj, john9818a for beta-testing and helping fix a ton of bugs and issues in there (and Tannar for proof-reading me)
    Difficulties only change Garrett's max health, they won't create new objectives.
    In the zip file, there is another zip file which contains a loot list created by Tannar. He's done a great job giving clear instructions on the location of the loot.
    I think that's all there is to say. Have fun !

Download links :

Southquarter http://www.southquarter.com/download...-IronHeart.zip

Google Drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...C1GM2hfNzZJVGc

Congratulations on your first release! I will try this mission as soon as I have time

Did you enjoy building the mission? The screenshots are looking great by the way, I like the arches in the second one

Congratulation on your First release FrenchDecay, looks interesting from the screenshots, will play it tonight

Congrats! With wide effort!

Congrats!

Congratulations FrenchDecay - and thank you. It's really good to see new authors producing FMs for us taffers

Mission finished, took me 1 hour of gameplay, nice mission for a first production, its always good to feel again the Victorian/ArtDeco/lost city atmospheres once in a while. The Arcitecture desing is good, but it needs some improvements. The gameplay was enjoyable, the storyline was ok, the atmosphere was good,sounds are well placed but they are not new apart from the musics coming from the victrola.

Thank you

Looking forward your next mission
    Last edited by Cardia; 19th Apr 2016 at 16:53.

Congrats! Looks like a cool one

need a bit of help where is the iron heart and sky gemstone,also where is the secret?
    Last edited by downwinder; 19th Apr 2016 at 21:40.

Oh I'm creeped out I just was randomly looking at my youtube subscriptions and saw your preview vid and was like hey what ever happened to..... oh here it is! downloading!

Congratulations on the release, FrenchDecay! It's a worthy first mission, for sure.

Enjoying it so far! Here's my first video!

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations, FrenchDecay! Thank you

It is very cool that new blood is still trying to tackle DromEd. It seems like there are more new people recently. A good sign. Thanks FrenchDecay for the time and effort to build this. I will try it out soon. Too busy elsewhere at the moment, but looking forward to another new FM. Iíve enjoyed the other new FMs from new people and figure yours will be good too.

Hey! Thanks everyone, it's so cool to see that the FM is doing quite well and thanks for the warm welcome! It was super cool to create it despite DromEd bugging all the time, I had a lot of fun doing this!

need a bit of help where is the iron heart and sky gemstone,also where is the secret?
    Mmh you'll need to pay attention upward while in the underground to find the iron heart. For the sky gemstone and the secret, you must search around in the mansion part, you'll need to be on the first floor, the attic and the basement won't help you. Make sure you have explored every places in there and pay atttention to all the details in the room (even though it's quite dark)

This isn't an easy mission for me. I certainly don't know how it could be done in one hour. I am currently trying to obtain the burnt iron crown. I have tried jump down on the caskets while I can still them and can grab the crown but it turns out to be a trap. The lava fills up the passage. I guess I need boat that floats on lava fire.

ok just got to figure out where the secret is now,amazing mission,loved the underground part the most
    Last edited by downwinder; 20th Apr 2016 at 06:05.

Just finished. I felt like some things came to easy and some switches in the house did too many things or wasn't logically placed at least. The whole mission though was very very enjoyable. It brought back a little of "Down In The Bonehoard" and "The Lost City" fun. I loved the architecture and finding rope up areas to explore.

The by far best thing was the pacing, better than a lot of FMs. I came to many places where sneaking and timing my movements was actually a lot of fun. There was great jarring moments interacting with new AI.

I hope you plan out and execute another FM FrenchDecay!

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    This isn't an easy mission for me. I certainly don't know how it could be done in one hour. I am currently trying to obtain the burnt iron crown. I have tried jump down on the caskets while I can still them and can grab the crown but it turns out to be a trap. The lava fills up the passage. I guess I need boat that floats on lava fire.
    It's sheer timing and platforming and it's hard to get the hang of it, my advice would be to try making your way upward several times before grabing the crown, and also observe what is the best moment to take it while being at the bottom!

Just finished. I felt like some things came to easy and some switches in the house did too many things or wasn't logically placed at least. The whole mission though was very very enjoyable. It brought back a little of "Down In The Bonehoard" and "The Lost City" fun. I loved the architecture and finding rope up areas to explore.

The by far best thing was the pacing, better than a lot of FMs. I came to many places where sneaking and timing my movements was actually a lot of fun. There was great jarring moments interacting with new AI.

I hope you plan out and execute another FM FrenchDecay!
    Yeah I was not happy with the mansion's events, couldn't think of another "layout" for it. Also, I'm glad you brought up Bonehoard and The Lost City, they're among my favorite OMs, but I'd love to make one similar to Return to the Haunted Cathedral! And I'm definitively going to make more because I loved doing this one, it'll take a lot of time though.

A Pay rise at work and come home to find a new Thief 2 fan mission, Oh yeahhhhh here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    Yeah I was not happy with the mansion's events, couldn't think of another "layout" for it.
    Not that I have any right to tell you anything, having not even released a mission, but I have tried many times and what is helping me this time is planning it out in documents. Now I am virtually led through the mission before it's made so I can find issues in logic and structure before it happens in dromed.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    And I'm definitively going to make more because I loved doing this one, it'll take a lot of time though.
    Hopefully with it fully planned and lessons learned, a second run will be faster. I know for me, I am biting off more than I can chew. I am making a large city and a large sewer. I should have made my first a easier self contained mansion for practice, but the story already written for the city/sewer is so damn juicy I lay awake imagining the mission done already.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 20th Apr 2016 at 12:17. Reason: words

Congratulations on the release of your first mission. I'm very much looking forward to finishing it.

Oh I almost forgot to ask. I never found the secret but I found something weird.... I roped up to a place above the area where there is the cross-bridge and zombies ghosts. It was a dark room, and then you go up again and there is nothing but some sarcophaguses. Then oddly I ran into something invisible at the end of the room. I was frobbing some invisible combo lock machine. Was this a issue with my install?

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Oh I almost forgot to ask. I never found the secret but I found something weird.... I roped up to a place above the area where there is the cross-bridge and zombies ghosts. It was a dark room, and then you go up again and there is nothing but some sarcophaguses. Then oddly I ran into something invisible at the end of the room. I was frobbing some invisible combo lock machine. Was this a issue with my install?
    Everything is as it was meant to be, you must light the torches to see the combo lock machine. It leads to an easter-egg area, that's why I made it invisible

Congratulations on the release of your first mission. I'm very much looking forward to finishing it.
    Thanks, also thank you for having quickly given your opinion about it before the release, Tannar told me! I truly appreciate it

Hi there, I need a bit of help:
    I see a space with a blue chest behind the 3 statues in the W-end part of the mansion. How do I get up there? I'm searching for a switch or a secret passage maybe in the library?
    Thank you in advance for any hint!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast