TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The picture (and fashion) thread

Dancer's Enchanted Swords.

Moderator and Priest
    Dancer's Enchanted Swords. You get them from transposing her soul.

...er, what Van said. Damn him lurking at the top of another page all stealth-like.

I'm having some real trouble with that boss. Whereas most of the other bosses have gone down after a few tries, I've died fighting solo over 10 times so far, especially to that twirly-whirly attack in the second phase. Unfortunately summoning help here is incredibly buggy -- I either get an "summoning failed" error (or words to that effect) or my help gets stuck behind the fog wall. Strangely enough I'm able to get summoned and have helped a couple of players beat the dancer.

verbose douchebag
    My first encounter with that boss came by accident after I had just beaten Vordt - I laid down my summon sign to help out some fools and one of them took me to the Dancer instead.
    I died after around a minute.

Finally got him minutes after making my previous post !!!. Only used 2 Estus as well.

Must have been this sign from above...

Moderator and Priest
    The dancer was, for me, one of the easier bosses of the game. It's probably due to the fact that I took her on immediately after fighting a bunch of twitchier bosses who have a tendency to...SUDDENLY ATTACK that I found her always smooth, fluid motions so much easier to track.

Though it still took me 3-4 tries to beat her down. Mostly because of that twirly-whirly attack she does in the second phase. If you're not far enough away from her when she starts that off, you're all but screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    My first encounter with that boss came by accident after I had just beaten Vordt - I laid down my summon sign to help out some fools and one of them took me to the Dancer instead.
    I died after around a minute.
    That happened to me twice. The second time, I pointed to Vordt to indicate my intention. After a reflective pause, he pointed to the Dancer. To indicate how I felt about that, I did the collapse gesture. After a few short moments of just standing there and looking at me collapsed to my knees, he did the applause gesture, then again pointed to the Dancer's fog wall.

That made me laugh, so I did my best to help him out (which at that point, wasn't much).

The gesture system can be remarkably expressive.

verbose douchebag
    Brilliant. I also fought the Crystal Sage as a white phantom before I even knew where she was too. I'm actually really digging just dropping my white sign at bonfires and then exploring and using any summon to explore further than non-phantom me has got with the person I'm helping. Really good way to scope out an area without risking all of your hard-earned souls to something cheap.

I didn't wear this gear for long as it's pretty heavy, but that mini-boss was tougher than I was expecting. I ended up doing a couple of falling attacks after climbing back up the ladder to the floor he jumped from.

Found some pretty cool gear in Lothric Castle and the Archives. It's also one of my favourite parts of the game so far -- there's just so many hidden areas, well placed enemies and surprising shortcuts throughout.

This is how my first character looked towards the end of the playthrough:

The second character's fashion is not settled yet.

I'm gonna repost my Dark Souls 2 "photo" gallery in this thread too, so all pictures are in one place.
    http://imgur.com/a/COiOE

Also, the Dark Souls 1 gallery, though there are only a few pictures here.
    http://imgur.com/a/NRMYp

The Meth files...

My second character's endgame setup. The cathedral knight armor is just top tier fashion.

It does look very cool but I didn't wear it for long as I found it a little heavy.

One last wild stab at fashion before I put DS3 to bed for a while.

Moderator and Priest
    What set is that? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

verbose douchebag
    Looks like Lautrec of Carim's armour.

It's a full set of the Armour of Favor (sic ), a Ancient Dragon Greatshield and some silly rapier. The stats are pretty good without it being too heavy, and you're right faetal -- I just looked it up on a wiki. I replaced the rapier and the shield before taking on the end boss but died on my first 2 attempts anyway. I'll have another crack again tomorrow.

Here's the one I used in NG+. Painting Guardian Leggings, Fire Witch Armor and Gauntlets and Nameless Crown (or whatever it's called).

I especially like the friggin claws on the Fire Witch Gauntlets.

Yeah, the fire witch gear is one of the best looking sets in the game. That hair looks damn evil with my hollowed form though. What's that weapon you've got in your right hand?

Scholar's Candlestick. It greatly increases the damage of sorceries if you hold it in your hand. Otherwise it's just a weak dagger, I never use it as weapon.

I've never paid much attention to Cosplay before but these look very cool...

More here:

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/vgsVZ

Never let a little danger get in the way of a bit of fashion...

The end-of-DLC look for my STR/VIT character:

Here's some final ones of mine for the Ariandel DLC:

On a totally separate note, I also think that this guy (Algojo, the executioner) would just kill it as a boss in DS: