TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief3Editor tutorials and tricks on YouTube

Thief3Editor tutorials and tricks on YouTube

massimilianogoi is making youtube tutorials to work with the editor, from the installing to the basical creations, that's interesting.

Apart from his voice being unintelligible more often than not, he's using outdated workflow and tools, like T3Ed launcher. With Sneaky Upgrade for T3Ed, you don't need that anymore.

As far as I know you neither need the Thief3Launcher if you create a bat file with the commant "t3.exe editor" and some registry changes for those times when you play instead of using the editor... This little program makes easier to swap from the editor to the game and from the game to the editor. Did the sneaky upgrade update the editor too? This should be interesting.

Yes, Sneaky Upgrade Editor Edition introduces tons of tweaks and enhancements to the editor. Proper shortcut for the editor without T3Lanucher is one of them. I can't really think of a reason why someone wouldn't want to use it. See this readme file for details: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w58ziku2rn...1.1.6.pdf?dl=0

This time it was a too long lesson, I neither watched it all. Where is the mouse cursor?

People generally don't have that much time to spare, he could use some editing to cut this. You can explain it in 10 minutes or less. This looks more like a live stream, which people do as well, but rather to show some modeling skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQELKR7a2ws

What software is that? Looks pretty complicate... You are completely right, but for this there's the time line, just skipping.

That's Modo, very nice alternative for 3dsmax.

And no, skipping isn't enough. If you don't want to waste other people's time, you have to write a script and then record it and cut it, to be as clear and concise as possible. That is especially helpful if someone would want to get back to your material, e.g. for a refresher course. Otherwise you just record for yourself, and while you're probably having fun with this, it's not exactly worth showing.

You are right, but I prefer to watch how to do instead to read and maybe don't understand the way. A new lesson is out, I didn't know about EAX, Alchemy and stuff, in this way the sounds are pretty cool:

I mean script for him to read out loud, his monologue written down. He's not an English native (as a lot of us here), and he struggles to find right words, which takes him a lot of time. Even native English speakers write scripts and read their lines, as it sounds better, prevents them from stuttering, etc. It takes some time and more thorough preparation, but the overall quality and production value will be much higher than this.
    Last edited by Judith; 2nd Jun 2016 at 16:55.

I agree with you, preparing a video through a script would be easier to undersand and listen.

He actually figured out how to make custom animations, that's not an easy thing. I wish I had known this several years ago