TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch_Dogs 2

Level 10,000 achieved

Watch_Dogs 2

It's happening! Gotta say, this is the Ubisequel I've been looking forward to the most(besides BG&E2, natch). Here's a video with 3 trailers and a lot of gameplay intersperesed by talking Ubiheads.

I didn't think it'd be possible for them to release a trailer that got me as excited as the first one, but this comes close! A lot of cool new stuff here. I'm especially a fan of the hackable cars.

I'll have to watch this when I get home tonight... I bought the first one when it came down in price; even though there was a lot of criticism that sounded valid (much of it the usual ubilol - iffy storytelling, repetitive gameplay), I'm curious about the feel of the world. For me, Ubisoft has yet to fail at providing a worthwhile destination for digital tourism, even if the actual game may be hit and miss.

This second one's set in San Francisco, right? San Fierro was my favourite city in San Andreas and I'd love to explore a similarly hilly coastal city.

verbose douchebag
    I need to re-visit Watch Dogs at some point on my current rig. I played it a bit a while back on my previous setup, but the experience was marred by lots of frame rate drops.

Definitely got the first game on my must-play list.

Quite like the look of the video, with it's change to a more "hacker collective" aka Anonymous style.

Level 10,000 achieved

THE FEELS

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ok here's a nice big chunk of gameplay, featuring an infiltration mission.

Very much appreciate the complexity all the new gadgets add to the gameplay. Things like the remote controllable cars and cranes, and the gadget assisted double takedown at 8:00 are seriously cool. Oh, and I love that the player sits down when he remote controls stuff. More games need to let you take a seat now and then!

edit: also the narrative about a politician using social media to influence elections reminded me of this recent Wired story about how 1/4 twitter followers of several US presidential candidates are bots. Wasn't long ago this kinda stuff would've been considered sci-fi. :/
    Last edited by henke; 15th Jun 2016 at 02:05.

Level 10,000 achieved
    also fuck tha slomo

Administrator
    Oh no. It's the "downloading files" countdown... Are these some documents or is he downloading GTA V?

The hacking mechanic is interesting. There was a smidgen of that in Crysis 3 (played recently) but this makes it more variable. I'm keen to see these missions done without any form of detection though. I think if you can't do that it takes away some of the power that you might expect from hacking in the first place.

If it turns out to be unintentionally funny like the movie Hackers, I'd even consider watching a playthrough.

ZylonBane
    Wait, Watch Dogs was released?

Level 10,000 achieved

New gameplay vid

8:40 is an infiltration mission, 13:40 is a co-op mission.

Co-op looks like it could be fun, unfortunately it's probably only 2-player tho. Don't like the talk about "making driving more accessible", but I am somewhat comforted by the news that Reflections are doing the vehicle physics in this. We'll see.

Somewhat related: how good or bad is the first Watch Dogs these days, with adjusted expectations? Is there fun to be had, or is it a slog?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Like with every Ubigame the story is a buncha crap, but there are some nice character moments. The gameplay is GTA-alike but with more emphasis on stealth-action. If that sounds appealing, yes, play it. I enjoyed it enough to play through it roughly 1.7 times, plus the Bad Blood DLC as well. Oh, and the multiplayer modes are a lot of fun too.

That doesn't sound too bad after all - and hey, if I can sit through practically all of the Assassin's Creed games,* I'm sure I can manage this one! I expect I won't get that much MP enjoyment out of it at this stage, though, unless I end up playing it right after a sale.

*I'd actually say that most of the AC games have nice character moments, even if the overarching plots are a silly mess and mediocre at best. I'd still not recommend the Last Maharaja DLC to anyone - it's really lowest common denominator Assassin's Creed, wasting fun characters like the Frye twins.

Level 10,000 achieved
    All this talk about Watch_Dogs (mostly by myself) made me wanna play Watch_Dogs again! Picked up where I'd left off in act 3, and I'm now getting close to the end. And yes btw, there are still people playing online.

So you'd never finished it? Or is this a replay?

Edit: Also, don't tempt me to get started on another open-world game when I'm only 20 hours into The Witcher 3 and playing Elite Dangerous in parallel! So many open worlds, so little time...
    Last edited by Thirith; 5th Sep 2016 at 02:57.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah, it's a replay. And Watch_Dogs is no grand epic like The Witcher 3. If you just go for the main story it's less than 20h. The side activities you can safely ignore without missing much. Tho the Camp Takeovers are, like in AC and FC, good stuff.

Are you playing it vanilla or with any mods? Since I'm almost done with the (bad) Last Maharaja DLC for AC Syndicate, perhaps I'll install Watch_Dogs for quick gaming sessions before leaving for work or going to bed.

Level 10,000 achieved
    On PS4, so vanilla.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Watch_Dogs 2 bought! Pre-Ordered in fact, with a few hours to go till the release. Will delve into this BAD BOY tomorrow.

... and it looks like they may have done another Assassin's Creed 2: a sequel that builds on the potential of the first game while avoiding many of its biggest shortcomings.

Damn, and I'm suddenly interested. Henke, will you be playing the PS4 or PC version? If it's the former, I'm curious how it performs on the console.

Level 10,000 achieved
    It is indeed the PS4 version. All downloaded and good to go, I'll BOOT UP and JACK IN once I get home from work.

Sometimes it's almost impossible not to read '80s and early '90s cyberpunk jargon as euphemisms for masturbation.

is Best Pony
    I'll face your deck, buster

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    If it's the former, I'm curious how it performs on the console.
    It performs very well. No hiccups or slowdowns so far. No bugs or crashes. Except for a few COMPUTER BUGS and CAR CRASHES am i rite? The game looks splendid, with hundreds - MAYBE THOUSANDS - of pixels on screen at once, in ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW! And it runs at probably a few DOZEN frames per second, if not more! TECH REPORT FINISHED