TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New T2 mission "Umbelina" V 1.5, updated (17/11/17)

New T2 mission "Umbelina" V 1.5, updated (17/11/17)

Hi People, while im working on a huge project for thief 2 i decide to do a similar side project also for thief 2, its a mission based on real facts and real place, the mission i present to you took me 4 months to build, For those who expect a Thief mission style i must say right now that you might be disappointed , this mission takes place in current times, in north of Portugal, and the gameplay is about object fixing, puzzle and object search. The atmosphere is first dark and then melancholic.

-If you get stuck in the puzzles you can find spoilers inside the mission zip file.

-I also included in the mission zip file a few photos of the real houses.

-It includes Russian translation by Soldi

-It includes new Ai skins by Purgator

-It include new objects by Gort

Well i hope you enjoy it.

Ps. This one goes out to Gort, thank you for the Bid object!

here's the mission V.1.5 link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d1O...hB6ti2lwd/view

updates:
    V 1.0:
    -frobing distance for toolbox is now wider
    -paintings numbers stand out better and key numbers are now in red.
    V 1.1:
    -added two new musics for the first mission
    V 1.2:
    -Reduced the invisible textures of the gemstone from 1024x1024 to 64x64, this has reduced the size of the mission and improved the performance of the gameplay for weaker video cards.

v 1.3:
    -Both skyboxes quality have been improved

V 1.4:
    -newdark 1.24

V 1.5:

-Reduced the resolution of many textures
    -added more clues
    -fixed three door models
    -updated to NewDark 1.25
    -other minor fixes.
    Last edited by Cardia; 19th Nov 2017 at 06:02.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congrats on the release Pedro!

Thanks Russ!

Congratulations on the release Pedro, I got my laptop back last night so will play it over the weekend

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release!

Thank you Jim for your collaboration on this project.

Thank you Andrew!

Unfortunately my PC is dead (lightning hit him), and gpu in laptop too weak for Thief, so I will not play/create missions for some period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurhhan View Post

Unfortunately my PC is dead (lightning hit him), and gpu in laptop too weak for Thief, so I will not play/create missions for some period of time.
    Thank you, im really sorry about your pc, i hope you'll get sooner a good Pc to run the newdark missions.

Congrats, Pedro on the release! Nice mission indeed, thanks.

Congrats on the release, Cardia.

I'll have to check it out when I get back from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalle View Post
    Congrats, Pedro on the release! Nice mission indeed, thanks.
    Thank you Lily!

I just downloaded can't wait to see what you have given us this time

Thanks for all of your hard work Pedro as always I know I am in for a treat!

Thank you for playing Pwl!

i don't understand what i must to do with this codes from paintings

Quote Originally Posted by illness View Post
    i don't understand what i must to do with this codes from paintings
    Umbelina's diary mentions how to figure out the code each painting has 4 numbers, and the first number tells the number and its position for the code sequence

for example: 1547 the number "1" is the first digit for the code and it represents itself it will be "1", if the painting holds a number like 2547 then the number for the second digit code is 5, if the number is 3547 then the third digit code is 4, if the number is 4547, then the forth number for the code is 7...as you can see the first number of each painting tells the number and its position for the code sequence .

Strong spoiler with the right code:

Southquarter.com/fms
    Congrats on the release Pedro, anxious to see your expert Bide placement. Here's a mirror:

www.southquarter.com/downloads/2016/Umbelina.zip

Thanks Pedro for the new mission. I'm playing on Expert and have all objectives completed, but one. I am stuck and do not under stand your last puzzle spoiler image. I cannot find anything that look like that colored marble puzzle anywhere Also, what am I supposed to do with the poison ball? I can't get rid of it. I am guessing this is related to the puzzle? Thanks!

Well. I'm also stuck! I have fixed the broken objects and found the coin and the pills. I've opened the safe but only by using the code provided above, because I can only see two pictures with numbers on them (the ones where the numbers start with a 1 and a 2, both in the same room). And I do not know where the panel shown in dump051.jpg is! I also have 4 poison balls, can't seem to get rid of them, and that objective has not ticked off.

I too had to cheat on the safe. All combinations I got from the 2 paintings did not work. The two I got were 1486 and 2957. Since there is no zero, there is either at least one missing painting, or the logic completely escapes me... My installation is clean by the way. Somehow some picture frames are getting replaced?

Marbien, I found just one poison ball. If there are more, they are not easily frobbable at all. I cannot see anything else. One thing, in a closet there is a tool box. I tried for many minutes to get it to highlight yesterday and it would not. I spent a long time on it today and finally got it to open. Maybe the sensitivity of proximity to objects before the highlight is a little too tight? Just an opinion. Cardia suggestd leaning in. That is not possible in many areas. The kitchen is a good example. Can't climb the counters and cannot lean in. It's as if I am stuck on a ladder or something.

Anyway, I now know that I need more than one poison ball. At least I have that going for me, which is nice...
    Last edited by bjack; 18th Jun 2016 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Well. I'm also stuck!
    There are six poison balls altogether, once you collect them all the objective ticks off (no need to dump them anywhere)
    Pictures: if you use EP2 or Necroage, only 2 painting numbers show up; disable them, and you'll see all 4 numbers on the frames (though two of them are rather pale, you have to have good color vision to detect them!)
    Panels and stuff: the mission consists of 2 parts, you have to complete the first to start the second one with the color panel

My question: in the second episode I can't find the tool for the laptop... and I suppose there are six spy mics there as well, but I can't seem to find the sixth

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    There are six poison balls altogether, once you collect them all the objective ticks off (no need to dump them anywhere)
    Pictures: if you use EP2 or Necroage, only 2 painting numbers show up; disable them, and you'll see all 4 numbers on the frames (though two of them are rather pale, you have to have good color vision to detect them!)
    Panels and stuff: the mission consists of 2 parts, you have to complete the first to start the second one with the color panel

My question: in the second episode I can't find the tool for the laptop... and I suppose there are six spy mics there as well, but I can't seem to find the sixth
    spy mic locations: in the kitchen behind the fridge, in the dining room behind the big sideboard, one in Umbelina's room behind small cabinet, on in the bathroom behind the toilet, another in the other bathroom above the white cabinets, and another one in Bruno's bed

the tool for the laptop in the second mission can be found in the small room with the sliding door cabinet, look above the door for two small doors, open them and frob the suitcase inside
    Last edited by Cardia; 18th Jun 2016 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Congrats on the release Pedro, anxious to see your expert Bide placement. Here's a mirror:

www.southquarter.com/downloads/2016/Umbelina.zip
    Thank you Mike for hosting my mission in your site.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    Thanks Pedro for the new mission. I'm playing on Expert and have all objectives completed, but one. I am stuck and do not under stand your last puzzle spoiler image. I cannot find anything that look like that colored marble puzzle anywhere Also, what am I supposed to do with the poison ball? I can't get rid of it. I am guessing this is related to the puzzle? Thanks!
    the second spoiler image is for the second mission. you dont do anything with the poison ball, just keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Well. I'm also stuck! I have fixed the broken objects and found the coin and the pills. I've opened the safe but only by using the code provided above, because I can only see two pictures with numbers on them (the ones where the numbers start with a 1 and a 2, both in the same room). And I do not know where the panel shown in dump051.jpg is! I also have 4 poison balls, can't seem to get rid of them, and that objective has not ticked off.
    you need to find 6 poison balls, you don't get rid of them you keep them with you.

there are four paintings holding numbers, i dont see how EP patch can affect the paintings since those painting objects are not from Dromed hierarchy

I see that players that have EP patch is affecting the numbers of the paintings, i will have to rename them . i could also give a specific color to a single number to help figure out the code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast