TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: object wanted: Wheat plant

Gort i have tested the model, and there's no thin lines this time on the pictures, every texture i use in the object works well without showing edges with thin lines. Many thanks my Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Gort i have tested the model, and there's no thin lines this time on the pictures, every texture i use in the object works well without showing edges with thin lines. Many thanks my Friend
    How did you fix the lines GORT? Thanks ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    How did you fix the lines GORT? Thanks ahead of time.
    ha..., that's easy, you need to have all limits (bottom,up,left and right) of the texture transparent.

ha..., that's easy, you need to have all limits (bottom,up,left and right) of the texture transparent.
    So wait, here is my png for example,

All that is not black is translucent. If I cut a translucent groove around it there no longer will be white lines near the blend points?

You can extend the edges by using the program paint from windows, and then adjust the standards resolution suitable for dromed. or with photoshop you can select the area that has the black ornaments and move it slightly away from the edges, thus leaving the 4 edges (up, bottom, left, right) of the image blank/transparent. I believe this issue can be fixed when applying textures to objects, but since i don't create objects i have o idea how is the procedure, so the only thing i can do to fix these textures is using Photoshop or other images editors.

But the texture you show me has already all the edges blank, so you want to move the black ornament to the corners of top and left side? if so you can do it in photoshop.
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Apr 2017 at 18:09.

While it's definitely better to make a good texture wouldn't this .mtl option also help?

edge_padding [<0,1>]
    --------------------

Edge padding is needed on alpha textures to prevent surrounding pixels from bleeding around the edges,
    often with a purple color. Automatic edge padding can be enabled as a global game option, but a material
    may also explicitly request or deny padding with this parameter. When creating new art content it's
    highly recommended to create the art with edge padding in it, to save unecessary run-time processing by
    the game.

Not the topic here but,
    I still don't get the difference between the full alpha and alpha keying options.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraan View Post
    edge_padding [<0,1>]
    OH WOW! I really need to re-read the materials doc

Thanks man!

is this edge_padding set in Dromed?

is this edge_padding set in Dromed?
    Mtl file

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Mtl file
    Ahhh ok then, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12