TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TTLG coop Saturdays

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Welp, for what is worth, ol'ducky-poo is back on Steam with a new sexy rig, ready for some co-op action! Though I live on the other side of the pond in Mapletown (i.e. Canada). But Hell, if I was able to play and finish a game in co-op with bob_doe_nz and Sulphur (3 different time-zones), I think we can manage. Woooooo!
    Oh, wow. Playing with another true TTLG legend!

You probably already know all of this, but in case you don't: as mentioned above, you'll need a headset and Teamspeak 3, and installing Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead is a bit fiddly - to make sure everything works okay, you'll have to install A2, launch it once, install OA, launch it once, and then do the same for any other DLC you have (British Armed Forces, Private Military Company and Army of the Czech Republic). If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Edit: I've sent you an invite to the TTLG group on Steam. Be gentle.
    Last edited by Thirith; 26th Oct 2016 at 10:54.

I will be up for another session as well, should be fun.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Good stuff, Piggy!

And Ducky, I'm guessing you're around Toronto? Which means the session starts around 11am on Saturday where you are. Should be doable, right?

El Shagmeister
    Nyet, I'm in Vancouver (the -other- side of the country), henkster. Which means more like 8 am....oic.

*Faints*

To clarify: my original post was more a general announcement that I was back in the PC co-op scene, but I'm game for Arma II this Sat, see if we can make it work. Having said that, I am currently downloading GTA V. <3

Also...we should play Monaco!

Sulphur and bob_doe_nz can vouch how fun that shit is in co-op.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I remember playing Monaco with you as well at one point. Sure, it's good stuff.

btw, make sure to play a bit of GTA Online before we do a proper session. You have to finish some tutorial stuff before being allowed to co-op with other people.

Hey, if PigLick can make it at 2am, I'm sure you can do 8am, MrDuck!

El Shagmeister
    The problem is I'm going to bed at around 4 - 5 am...easier to stay up late than waking up early (after staying up late, that is, derp).

:'(

We shall see, we shall see. <3

just stay up even later

El Shagmeister

Nuuuuu!

Trying to regulate my sleeping schedule, mate...been murder for me these past weeks with filming and whatnot.

;_;

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Yeah I remember playing Monaco with you as well at one point. Sure, it's good stuff.

btw, make sure to play a bit of GTA Online before we do a proper session. You have to finish some tutorial stuff before being allowed to co-op with other people.
    Fortunately I already had a characater at level 3 (yeah, yeah, I'm a n00b...) from my PS4 account and it seems Rockstar does cross saves, so, I just transfered him over and I skipped the tutorial bull. I believe I'm pretty much ready for online (save for being at such a lowly level...).

<3

Thanks to (let's see if I get everyone) henke, Jeshibu, Malf, PigLick and Al_B for a fun session of Arma 2. Everything from, well, getting massacred in Chernarus to getting massacred in Chernarus again, though in very different ways. In between we had a great mission led by henke, which had us cleaning out Takistani villages, and barely anyone died! That is, barely anyone on our team. Let's definitely not mention the poor civilian who was shot because I was sure I'd seen a weapon in her hands... Anyway, we finished off with a wacky helicopter race - which I might have not lost as badly if one of my passengers hadn't been the slowest old lady ever.

Next week: more GTA Online. Here's hoping the Duck of Death will be able to join!

Thing What Kicks
    Jolly good wheeze all! Thirith, your new mission, should you choose to make it, is LADA RACING.

Worth thinking about, Malf. I have to say that I don't find most of the cars all that much fun to drive in Arma, and the Ladas are about as slow as that old lady, but I absolutely love the choppers. (Talking of which: for those of you who haven't already heard a dozen times, I've got a couple of helicopter training missions for Arma, if any of you want to put in some more air time.) I'm still thinking about a version of the heli taxi mission that puts the players in armed choppers, though, to add a bit of excitement.

... then again, it's not as if we managed to have to end up with to helicopters blown to bits in the unarmed version!

Level 10,000 achieved
    One of the highlights from tonight session, the prison-escape mission.

(unfortunately my recording didn't pick up my mic, only everyone else's)

Nice one!
    We should do Tour de Cherneras, a bicycle race from kamenka to balota.

El Shagmeister
    I went to bed at 6 am my time, two hours before the game started.

:'(

While I'm hoping you'll manage to get up at 8am one of these Saturdays to join us, MrDuck , I just wanted to mention again that any of the members of the Steam group should feel free to use it to schedule games that fit better with their own time zones.

Also, yesterday's session reminded me once again that for all its quirks and annoyances, Arma can be one of the most exciting coop games there is. I greatly enjoyed our doomed escape mission, even though we probably didn't have much of a chance to begin with. Those 10 minutes where we were pinned down at the barn, as they were coming from all sides? Priceless.

El Shagmeister

I dunno how easy this can be, buuuut....we should try doing some Dark Souls 3 co-op. Just started with a new character.

I don't have Dark Souls 3 myself, as I'm waiting for an edition complete with all the DLC (once it's out), but it doesn't look too difficult to team up with friends:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lay-co-op-4045

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Also...we should play Monaco!

Sulphur and bob_doe_nz can vouch how fun that shit is in co-op.

Yup

El Shagmeister

<3

See? We're fun at parties!

After last Saturday's Armatastic carnage (pro-tip: never let henke handle satchel charges if you're in an enclosed space!), this week it's back to Los Santos for something more dignified... like vehicular jousting on rooftops, for example.

Date: Saturday, 5 November
    Time: 4-6pm UK time
    Game: GTA V

Things to note:
    • I'll start an invite-only session. If you're not a friend on the Rockstar Social Club and/or part of the ThruTheLookingGlass crew, I can't invite you.
    • Anyone who's joined the session can invite others. Feel free to bring friends and people from other crews! The more people there are, the more game modes are possible and fun.
    • If I see anyone from my friends list joining, I'll drop them an invite. If I don't, send me a message - ideally via Steam, since the R*SC message system is shit.
    • Ideally bring a headset! Note that depending on your settings you might only hear voice chat from friends and crew members. Especially if others join, you may want to change your settings temporarily.

I'll be online a bit before 4pm to see if any of the Steam TTLG group members are around. Hoping to see you there!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    pro-tip: never let henke handle satchel charges if you're in an enclosed space!
    Another pro-tip: and if you absolutely need to set off satchel charges in an enclosed space, make sure to take cover behind your teammates first.

Perhaps that's what those cows were for? 1) Kill cow. 2) Take cover behind dead cow. 3) Sell beef. 4) Profit!

Thanks to my regular homies - henke, Malf, Jeshibu - for a nice evening of fun and crimes. The beginning was a bit meh, since we went for adversarial modes we hadn't played before, and while some of them are great (e.g. Top Fun and Hasta La Vista), others are decidedly less so, and we mostly happened upon the latter. Still, always good to hang out with my TTLG crew!

Next week: Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead. And post-election hangovers, most likely.