TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: New FM program: NewDarkLoader version 1.5.5

It's doable, as long as you volunteer to be the guinea pig for the next version.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm having a bit of a problem, I installed the program and checked the "use 7zip" option, but when I start Thief with the "Thief 2 fan missions" shortcut I just see the 7zip window. Are you supposed to add all the FM's to an archive or something first? (I've renamed the "fmsel.ini to NewDarkLoader.ini).

Did you select the path to 7zG.exe? It sounds like you selected 7zFM.exe instead.

And in case anyone wondered, 7zFM stands for 'file manager' and not 'fan mission'.

Been using for a few days now and it's a smooth experience. You should pull a few strings and get it into the Tafferpatcher/TFix installers as an option, because as far as I'm concerned - this is the new default mission loader.

Thank you so much! It seems to work beautifully other than it didn't like a couple of FMs I had in my folder. I've always preferred Darkloader and an updated one is just what was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Did you select the path to 7zG.exe? It sounds like you selected 7zFM.exe instead.
    Yes that was the problem thanks for taking the time to make this, looks very nice

Wow. Good job. Appreciate it.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Mirror: NewDarkLoader

I think I found an issue. I have play a few missions without issues. However when I played Black Frog it takes a long time to load save games and even once the mission took a bit. Its only happening in new dark loader. Any ideas what could be going on? Maybe its just the campaign itself? Thanks for any help!

I just fired up The Black Frog with NDL, played awhile doing numerous saves and reloads, and even quit and restarted a saved game, but I wasn't able to duplicate your experience with this particular FM. Sorry.

Have you used FMSel to load that FM? Both programs are just things that get called by Thief2, extract the contents of an archive to a folder, return some data to Thief2, and then they go away. In other words, it's Thief2 (the NewDark version) that handles playing the game and loading savegames. NewDarkLoader shouldn't cause this kind of problem, so it's worth checking out FMSel to see if you get the problem there too.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'm wondering if perhaps some mods are being loaded under one installation that aren't in the other, and those extra resources are slowing things down.

I tried Black Frog earlier both with and without mods (all the ones from Tafferpatcher) enabled and it runs and reloads normally for me as well. Perhaps if they're using something like the HD Mod it might slow things down on some systems, regardless of the FM loader used.

I only used tafferpatcer and whatever comes with it. I think it may be just black frog as I have tried a few others and no issues

this is fantastic - thank you for the effort!

just installed a new thief 2 and newdarkloader to test if my upcoming mission will run with the newdrkloader:

It does working smooth. great job!!!

best of "both worlds"

thank you for yet another great proggie

A couple of minor tweaks:
    1) There is now a 'size' column.
    2) The setup window had 'date fromat' instead of 'date format'. It has been fixed.

The download link is unchanged.
    Last edited by R Soul; 27th Aug 2016 at 09:45.

To update, just overwrite NewDarkLoader.dll (in the main Thief folder) with the new copy, other files are unchanged. No need to do any setup again and you'll be right where you left off, although I additionally chose to do a 'Scan ALL FMs' to fill in the whole column.

Here's how it looks...

Well the update has brought a bug with it. Now my buttons that were at the bottom of the screen are gone. No way to play game, setup or play fan mission. All I did was download the update and copy over the 3 files. How do I get the buttons back? Any help appreciated!

Edit: I also notice that when it loads in full screen or minimized my window 10 status bar or whatever you call it shows up at the bottom of the screen. It didn't do this before the update.
    Last edited by Stingm; 27th Aug 2016 at 23:54.

Wow, you're right, Sting! Sorry I didn't notice that earlier, just took a quick screenshot with the new column and gave that easy way to update. But I hadn't tried to play a FM yet or would've seen there are indeed no bottom buttons.

I just tried doing a complete new setup but they are still missing, and I can also see that he made the first-start window (how it opens the first time after setup) narrower so it doesn't run off the screen, and I bet something from that change caused this issue. Don't see the other problem with the Windows taskbar, if that's what you mean at the bottom of the screen, but this version needs fixing anyway.

Do you still have the original NewDarkLoader.dll file to copy back for the time being? That's the only file that changed, the other two are the same versions as before. If not, Brethren's link above still has the original. Other taffers should hold off and keep using the original release until R Soul has a chance to correct this.
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 28th Aug 2016 at 01:17.

Ok got the download from Brethren and all is well. The task bar apparently was always there. I hope R Soul fixes it quickly as I really liked the size column.

Possible inclusion in later update (if it's not already included)....MISSFLAG.str missing file that occurs in some missions
    see gnartsch comments in Bloody Ruins thread (Hellerhouse also has same problem as well as a few other missions)
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2222152

I'll have a look later. For now I've put Brethren's link in the first post.

I've had a positive report by PM about my attempt to fix the UI bug. Before releasing the next version I'd like a few others to have a look too. Post here or send me a PM if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Possible inclusion in later update (if it's not already included)....MISSFLAG.str missing file that occurs in some missions
    see gnartsch comments in Bloody Ruins thread (Hellerhouse also has same problem as well as a few other missions)
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2222152
    Although I don't like the idea of fixing people's FMs for them, the fact that Darkloader did this may have led some authors to believe their FMs were fine. I've begun working on this feature for NDL.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast