TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New FM program: NewDarkLoader version 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Although I don't like the idea of fixing people's FMs for them, the fact that Darkloader did this may have led some authors to believe their FMs were fine. I've begun working on this feature for NDL.
    Many people agree with your position, so thank you for doing this

I've just remembered you can already do this with a 'fix' file, but with missflag.str being an essential file I'm still willing to have NDL generate it if it's missing.

I had a couple of positive reports about the interface, so I've released version 1.1. See the first post.

In 1.1, sorting by 'Finished' actually sorts by 'Title'.

It sorts by the highest difficulty selected, and if two FMs have the same highest value, they are sorted by title.

That's how it worked for me in 1.0, but in 1.1 it just sorts by title.

I'll have a look at the code and see what I can do. Also, don't sort by size otherwise you'll get an error.

edit: Sorting by size only gives you an error if you have a folder with no files, for whatever reason, e.g. access problem while uninstalling.
    Last edited by R Soul; 5th Sep 2016 at 13:01.

The sort bugs have been fixed (probably), and I've added two features. The first is to force the FM to be reinstalled if you have 7z installed. The second is to automatically place fix files in the right place so they're ready for the next time the FM is installed.

(The sort by size bug was also caused by having un-scanned FMs. Size is only calculated after selecting/scanning, and now it's default value is interpreted as 0.

I'd like a few people to test the latest version before I make the link available. Neb, are you in?
    Last edited by R Soul; 5th Sep 2016 at 20:47.

Is it possible to add a refresh list button?, some times I play many missions, but everytime I download one, I have to close and reopen NewDarkLoader for it to show.

And I know that it maybe difficult, but I liked the option to go to mission OP post on ttlg fanmissions forums, like Darkloader does alike. Would if be possible?.

Thanks R Soul for your work.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I've never seen Darkloader show a link to the mission thread here. I'm not sure how any mission loader could actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I've never seen Darkloader show a link to the mission thread here. I'm not sure how any mission loader could actually do that.
    The button labeled "Internet" is for that. if you rightclick it you can choose where you want to see mission infomation regarded to the mission marked on list. By default, it points to ThiefMissions.com, but if you choose it to point to ttlg, it takes you to a search with the name of the mission marked on list.

I didn't know about the right click feature, but the TTLG option just takes me to the main forum page.

I'll add a button that does a Google search for "fm name" site:ttlg.com

A refresh button makes sense but I'll have to double check that there are no conflicts with any existing methods.

I didn't know about the right click feature, but the TTLG option just takes me to the main forum page.

I'll add a button that does a Google search for "fm name" site:ttlg.com

A refresh button makes sense but I'll have to double check that there are no conflicts with any existing methods.
    Thanks My friend, you're the best.

That's if 'Original' is highlighted, if you select a specific FM it should bring you to TTLG search results for that FM's name.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I had no idea about that feature either! And knowing it launches the site with search params makes more sense than somehow knowing the actual thread URL.

I discovered that feature months ago by accident

when you use the first one "Cheap Thief", it brings to you to the summary fanmission, and there is a readme link that brings you to de actual mission thread on ttlg.

Bug when importing Darloader.ini

I like to keep my NewDark missions separate from my original Thief 2 fan missions by putting them in a sub-directory called NewDark. NewDarkLoader doesn't seem to have any problem finding the missions in this sub-directory. The problem is when importing from Darkloader.ini it only seems to look for files in the main directory and pops up an error saying it can't find the file. For example, when importing from Darkloader.ini the mission: e:\archives\games\thief\Thief 2\NewDark\bathory_campaign_newdark_v3.zip will cause NewDarkLoader to pop up an error saying it can't find e:\archives\games\thief\Thief 2\bathory_campaign_newdark_v3.zip.

That happens because when I started writing NDL I didn't realise FMSel supported subfolders until one of my testers mentioned it, so I added that feature, but forgot about the DL import tools. A fairly straightforward thing to fix.

Next version contains: Web search, refresh and no darkloader.ini import crash

There's one more thing to sort out before the next version is ready for testing/release, and it's related to importing from Darkloader.ini causing the tags list to get out of synch with the selected FM (it sorts itself out after a restart). Anyone who wants to have a look at the latest version can do so by letting me know.

Version 1.2 is ready for people to look at:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/fm...kLoader1.2.zip

I'll keep this out of the first post until a few people have looked at it.

I tested it. It works ok. The web search feature works ok for me, I noticed that in options you can put a web site to search for missions, I tried with www.ttlg.com, and it worked as intended.

I didn't saw the refresh button.

Good work R Soul.

All works fine for me so far.

I can confirm it works fine so far. Thanks R Soul

After some PM'd feedback I was going to release version 1.2.1, but then I decided some of the changes were enough to bump it up to version 1.3:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ft...kLoader1.3.zip

Changes:
    Version 1.3
    * If the user searches for an FM on thiefmissions.com, articles ('the', 'a' and 'an') will go at the end. These can be changed in Setup.
    * Added a Setup option to ignore articles when sorting by title.
    * Tweaked the size of the Setup window to accomodate the increasing number of options.

Version 1.2.1 (which may as well be 1.3)

* Refresh button added next to FM table.
    * Sorting then refreshing the FM table no longer resets sorting to the previous value.
    * Slight change to key press handling so it doesn't matter which part of the widndow has focus.

If a few people can confirm it's working properly I can update the first post.
    Last edited by R Soul; 19th Sep 2016 at 19:28.

Something isn't right: with T2 it's taking ~90 secs to open NDL, then after playing a FM I have it set to return to NDL and it again takes ~90 secs to return to it. With TG it's less delay (~20 secs) so it seems related to the number of FMs (which is much less in T1/TG), almost like NDL is doing a 'Scan All' every time it opens/reopens, although it's shorter than a full Scan All done by the right-click menu. I also see now that doing a refresh (with the button) ties up the NDL interface (can't select anything, buttons won't respond, can't move window) for about that long too, so maybe it relates to the refresh implementation.

Haven't tried the other changes yet but wanted to report this for now.

Edit: The delay happens with sorting columns as well. The 'web search target site' works well but whatever site (or '0') is entered, Setup shows 'ttlg.com' (the default) again when reopened, although it keeps using the other choice if you click Cancel (or don't click OK). The 'Article list' works well for thiefmissions.com and also if 'Ignore when sorting the FM list' is checked (it's nice being able to sort by Title without articles).
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 17th Sep 2016 at 10:15.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast