TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THIEF the animated project

Genius! haa. Yeah I'll have to look into that once I have this tucked away.

CASTING CALL

HAPPY NEW YEAR TAFFERS!

Hope you had a great 2016 and wish ye all a better 2017.

I'm doing a casting call. Anyone that lends their likeness will be listed as a cast member as well as make things a lot quicker.
    I can make use of everything but the main things I need right now are:
    *People with beards/facial hair.
    *People who are or can look elderly.
    *People with dreds, braids or tribal tattoos.
    *People with bald/balding heads.

All I need is a well lit head and shoulders photo against a clear solid backdrop.
    1 from the front, 1 from the side and 1 somewhere between.

Email them to broadfielddigital@gmail.com and you may end up becoming a character.

Thanks

~BD.Dave

[UPDATED POST]

Give it up for TTLGs own, Goldwell, lending his likeness to the mix. Right now he's the guard in this video, but he will be playing a main character.
    One of the main things holding up production is trying to get different faces. So the more I get, the less I will have to rely on outside material.

PS: I noticed some continuity issues while recently researching the Thief lore, as a result I will have to redo a lot of what has been done already. As stated before, a lot of the content shown at this early stage is likely to change. I want this to be accurate, solid and faithfull. Ironing out the finer plot points is time consuming but worth it in the end.

Last edited by Broadfield Digital; 21st Jan 2017 at 07:20. Reason: Update

THE RE-WRITE

Builder be praised! Finally gettin my grips on this re-write. It was tough at first because I had hammered out the other version so many times, but new ideas are coming now. I should be back to animating it in a couple of days, once it's ironed out.

Still going

The new version of episode 1 is taking shape. I'm holding back on content (including stills) until it's finished though so as to make writing/rewriting process smoother, every little helps when talking about anything as lengthy as this. Speaking of help, I still need as many actors as possible. I already have 10 main characters filled, including several Keepers, guards, noblemen/women, Larkspur, Dyan, Ramirez, Bafford, Cutty and Basso; but the more real faces involved, the more characters I can potentially feature. Anyone reading this can become an actor in this simply by submiting pictures.
    Soo again, this is long stuff and there will be some trial and error but rest assured that I't will drop, and I'm never gonna quit on it...I need my REAL Thief fix. haha

My god, this sounds like it's going to be huge!

And this is only episode 1?

Haha that would be ambitious. They won't all be in the 1st episode. The overall story will feature those characters, but the first episode will have Garrett employed to break into Fendon to get information on why a Blackbrook official was seen making threats after he left the establishment.
    Ramirez will have a part in episode 1, as well as a soon to be Lorded Bafford.

Facebook Page / Dubrovnik

I have a facebook page for Ttap. The content I show there will be the same as here, it's there if anyone want's a look.
    https://www.facebook.com/THIEFanimated/

[IMG][/IMG]

Cast so far.

The cast is growing rapidly now. And I'm working on Garretts opeining monologue for episode 1; time to put the voice acting to the test.

[IMG][/IMG]

Casting Keeper Orland

I need someone to lend their face to play a young(er) Keeper Orland.
    Black beard, Glasses, bald/balding head.

[IMG][/IMG]

Some very Irish names on your cast list. Where are you producing this, if you don't mind me asking? Not many Irish taffers on these fora.

Spot on, Chris.

Is there some kind of secret magic which gives powers to a native English speaker to discern Irish, Scotts or Australian? No, seriously, this was always a wonder to me, kind of. Ah maybe some day... I'll have that superpower too. Muhahaha (lightning strikes in the background)

PS: You can try my face, but only if you can draw a beard-layer afterwards. For now my beard is too small and too short and requires a lot of days to grow. Maybe I'm too young for this role lol.

Fendon

Screenshot from Garretts' opening monologue.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sweet. Send a few pics of your face to broadfielddigital@gmail.com and I'll find a character for you.

Ahh, would that be Fendon, Co.Galway then?

Spot on, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Ahh, would that be Fendon, Co.Galway then?
    Ooo, I was unaware of a Fendon in Galway but now that I've learned that, Ima have to feature some scenery.

Some very Irish names on your cast list. Where are you producing this, if you don't mind me asking? Not many Irish taffers on these fora.
    I am Irish but I'm making it in London. So there'll be a mix of people from both places. Hopefully more people will submit profiles so I can mix the rage up a bit.

Sorry, I was just joking about Fendon.
    I was just wondering if there was an Irish connection in all of this, not that it matters of course. I was saying there aren't many Irish taffers around.
    Asgaroth/ Nameless Voice (I believe) and my good self, are the only Hibernians I know of at TTLG. Just curious.

Spot on, Chris.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Aye, NV is Irish.

Sorry, I was just joking about Fendon.
    I was just wondering if there was an Irish connection in all of this, not that it matters of course. I was saying there aren't many Irish taffers around.
    Asgaroth/ Nameless Voice (I believe) and my good self, are the only Hibernians I know of at TTLG. Just curious.
    Nah, Fendon is the name of the gambling den Lord Bafford owns.

Ramirez

[IMG][/IMG]

Lord Bafford

[IMG][/IMG]

Ramirez V.2

Here's Ramirez wearing something a bit closer to what he wore in the Assassins mission in T1. He's standing in a backroom in Fendon, where he will meet with the Earl of Blackbrook, who wants to bypass the Barons' sanctions, negotiate trade with and gain access to the coast through the criminal underworld of The City instead.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately for them though, the Earl walks around with some family bling that a friend of ours has wanted for a long time...

I love Bafford's look.
    He kind of reminds me of Norm Peterson (from cheers, but without the beard).

Quote Originally Posted by H3H3 View Post
    I love Bafford's look.
    He kind of reminds me of Norm Peterson (from cheers, but without the beard).
    Haa, oddly enough that's gonna be a thing. Ima have a lot of fun with Bafford. His beard is actually gonna be fake. The Baron ends up giving him a Lord title because of what happens in episode 1. And he likes to act the part and has delusions of grandure, so he gets a face wig beard to compensate for not being very Lord-like at heart
    So episode 1 will feature a beardless/semi bearded Bafford.

A glymps at Baffords quarters in Fendon...
    Keep chasing the dream, Bafford.
    [IMG][/IMG]

A throne dresser, how pretentious can you get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast