TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most beautiful music from FMs

Most beautiful music from FMs

Hi! An idea came to me when I discovered this thread http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64510
    All of us have played Thief 1 & 2 (some have played it multiple times even), and everybody knows how great music in these games is. But music from fan-missions tends to be less known since not everybody played every single one of them
    So my question is: what are your favorite music tracks from FMs?

Here are mine:
    Mission X - probably my favorite. Music from victrolas is pure magic.
    Saits and Thieves - I think I've heard those tracks somewhere else but I discovered them in this particular mission. There are a couple of tracks that feature a distorted electric guitar (or at least is sonds like that) which create that good old Thief atmosphere just like in OMs.
    Behind Closed Doors - clarinet and trumpet ambients. Fresh, unique, and very organic.
    Godbreaker - the swamp has almost exclusively new music (by Brian Eno I think), all of which is nice. Mission 4 uses some of T2 stock ambients, but its main track that plays throughout the streets is new (I think it's from one of Silent Hill games). There's also a singing choir in the church
    Thief 2X - thought I'd mention this one too Music from the brothel is amazing. It does wonders for the atmosphere. Another great one is the organ track from hammerite cathedral in The Question of Knowledge. Plus, the humming ambients from Down Among Dead Men.
    Last edited by marbleman; 10th Aug 2017 at 04:41.

I remember a mission with the old song "The bossanova". I played that song probably 50 times
    Indeed T2X has great sounds on the victrola's.
    In the newest mission "The Spear of Destiny" a friend of mine (Jeanne French aka Redleaf) is singing a beautiful blues song from her repertoire. You should check that out.
    There are some children's songs is some missions that I like too (was it in "Bad Hangover").

O and I forgot .... a portuguees folk song is heard in a mission of Cardia1.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I tried to think of a FM with original music (made by the FM authors themselves)... Couldn't think of any, except for T2X FM campaign.
    I would also like to mention "Broken Triad" - city streets and Garrett's home interior ambience. But... dunno if that counts.

Wasn't at least some music of Mission X written specifically for that FM?
    Yes, Broken Triad street music is very beautiful.
    I also remember King's Story used some classical compostitions - absolutely gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post

O and I forgot .... a portuguees folk song is heard in a mission of Cardia1.
    That music is "O rapaz do casaquito" by Terra a terra:

Terra a Terra has other beautiful music which i will probably use in future missions with medieval setting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xG-w4PVd5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg6ushp0BmM
    Last edited by Cardia; 19th Sep 2016 at 06:27.

Heart of Bohn has a very beautiful musical piece that plays in most of the museum.
    Oh and The Seven Shades of Mercury, of course, especially the cathedral and the library.

The Spear of Destiny indeed has a nice soundtrack. Thanks, nightshifter & redleaf

I'm mostly a lurker, but seeing this thread come up I'd like to take this opportunity to ask if anybody knows what's the music being played during Calendra's Cistern ending movie? (https://youtu.be/4LDGd7YEgVk?t=4h29m15s - playthrough by klatremus)
    Searching for "Loanstar" leads to dead websites.

Like a few others in this thread said, the music in Broken Triad is beautiful, plain and simple.

The music by Apocalyptica in the intro movie to the original (stand-alone) version of On All Souls' Day (by Sensut). Sets/captures the mood perfectly.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 22nd Sep 2016 at 03:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    That music is "O rapaz do casaquito" by Terra a terra:

Terra a Terra has other beautiful music which i will probably use in future missions with medieval setting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xG-w4PVd5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg6ushp0BmM
    Yes, Pedro, I guess that's the one I meant. I'm not sure, now GO and make more missions!!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    The music by Apocalyptica in the intro movie to the original (stand-alone) version of On All Souls' Day (by Sensut). Sets/captures the mood perfectly.
    Haven't played that one, but music in Dracula by Sensut was very cool and atmospheric.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Haven't played that one, but music in Dracula by Sensut was very cool and atmospheric.
    Uploaded original On All Souls' Day intro to youtube.

The mission versions themselves are similar, but still different. I think the campaign version does better with the tiny little town (much more life in it, and more places to visit) but I think the original version has a much more powerful ending. The whole Belial/Darkthrone exposure.

The singing by one of the maids in L'Arsene is very nice. I pulled out the mp3 from the zip and played it over and over.

Desperately dodgy geezer

I used that in the latter stages of What Lies Below, and still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I used that in the latter stages of What Lies Below, and still love it.
    Nice! And very thiefy too. I like when new music captures the mood of original games.

I thought I'd mention that nicked's upcoming FM Behind Closed Doors has some of the best ambients I've ever heared in a fan mission!
    Last edited by marbleman; 25th Jan 2017 at 20:19.

I love the 2001: A Space Oddysey tribute in Keeper of the Prophecies. The music in combination with that weird planet trip is great.

Edit: and there's some FM having a few victrolas with cool guitar music (maybe Neil Young?). I forgot which FM, maybe Saturio Returns Home.

Not sure if this counts, but for the end credits of Mine Saga, I composed a song. Just basic guitar chords and vocals.

The Spear Of Destiny: Dewdrop song *love*

But even more so titled "windstil" overwrite. Damn girl.
    Last edited by pukey brunster; 26th Jan 2017 at 01:48.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but for the end credits of Mine Saga, I composed a song. Just basic guitar chords and vocals.
    Of course it counts

The music that always blows me away is the music you hear in Erim's Shrine in the Sepulchre of the Sinistral, it's on a loop and I could listen to it for hours. It's from SaGa Frontier, it's called Castle of Needles

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    Nice!

Recently, I've been listening to this: http://atolonen.mbnet.fi/unguardedreliquary.html
    All the music that was composed for The Hammerite Imperium. It's been a while since I played it, so I don't remember whether all of it has been used in The Seven Shades.

I don't remember the name of the mission (or was it a campaign?) It had a couple of folksy tunes, like BurrickBack Mountain or The Burrick Hunter. There was also a singing mechanical fish trophy there with a song that iirc began with "Hey, baby, I'm a big ol' bass..."

I always love the soundtrack in Yandros' missions. The Burrick's Head Inn has a nice and relaxing classical soundtrack, which becomes a great bluesy detective-movie style soundtrack if you play the black and white "noir" version. His mission The Summit is basically made around music by Patrick O' Hearn, and it consistently kicks ass.

I collect sountracks from FMs for years.
    My favorites:
    Bathory (Lustmord)
    The Seven Sisters and Tower (Atrium Carceri, Rune OST)
    Rocksbourg (all stuff)
    Black Frog (many things)
    Broken Triad (street)
    Mission X (all)
    Saints and Thieves (all)
    Mysterios Lord Alan's themes
    Sturmdrang Peak (some things)
    Death's Turbid Veil (starting area)
    Kingsbridge (street)
    Morbid Curiosity (some things)
    Cathedral of St. Vincent (Gas, Assassin's Creed themes)
    3 Distinct Adventures (especially Cardia's dance on the balcony)
    All TDM stuff.

Mission X, Rocksbourg, Saints and Thieves - as far as I know these FMs have exclusive soundtrack. Unfortunately, the authors rarely write complete information about used music.