TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW TDM FM: Down by the Riverside by Dragofer (25 Sep 2016)

The key is inside the candle on the balcony in the church. You have to douse the candle and then frob it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I'm stuck in the second mission. Where do I find the proof, Johan was looking for?
    spoiler:
    On the upmost top level (which is still under deck) is the captains cabin. Next to it is his personal bedroom with a book called the "captain's slipup" or something like this. Take it and place it in Johan's cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    inside the chapel, where is the key to the closed door on the right side?
    Inspect the candles upstairs

Edit: Seems i didn't noticed the second page when i replied :P

I have read earlier post about key hidden in stable near horse but am unable to find. Please help, I want to continue! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    I have read earlier post about key hidden in stable near horse but am unable to find. Please help, I want to continue! Thanks
    spoiler:
    Right between horse and wall are three haystacks, which are frobbable. Frob them and in one you will find the key for the trapdoor in the storeroom next to the kitchen.
    IF they are not frobbable it MAY be that you hae to go up the mainstairs, open the door right where the uncle is sitting with his back to the fire. In that room is a door to the uncle's bedroom, and on top of the bed is his diary.

Thanks thief-outside-a-box!

Linky .

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/darkmod/river.zip

Looking forward to playing this.

Thank you Atropos and Infinitus.

I´m in the next mission, where do i find the evidence/proof to leave in Jona's cell?
    Last edited by Cardia; 1st Oct 2016 at 04:07.

Cardia,

I seem to remember it was far upstairs, in a chest in the captain's back office.

- prjames

Thank you Prjames.

Mission finished, this was one of the best TDM missions i ever played despite some hard obstacles. I love the new textures and the horse model is impressive, as far as i can remember there's no other TDM mission using a horse. Great level design, new impressive object models, good ambient sound choices except the church ambient sound which sounds like a mess hall. excellent story and enjoyable gameplay. Many thanks for this high quality mission.

"Inn Buisness" and "Window of Opportunity" had one/multiple horses as well:
    http://imgur.com/a/gIzSx
    Last edited by thief-outside-a-box; 1st Oct 2016 at 20:26.

Quote Originally Posted by thief-outside-a-box View Post
    "Inn Buisness" and "Window of Opportunity" had one/multiple horses as well:
    http://imgur.com/a/gIzSx
    ahhh yes i played those, i forgot there were already horses in previous missions. It would be great to have those models for Thief 2.

Thanks very much for the warm reception, it’s much appreciated.

Only thing I did not get was why the bandits went all "A Smuggler's Request" instead of "Stones and Glass Houses" on the door in the attic.
    The bandits already tried your suggestion at the very beginning, the ‘Thug’s scribbles’ mention that three men had tried to break down that door. It didn’t budge, so they assumed it was specially reinforced with steel to protect a safe room with the lord’s valuables.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Many thanks for this high quality mission.
    It’s a one of a kind experience, to become an author after many years as a player and then get a review like this from one’s mapping heroes. I’ve enjoyed every single one of your FMs, most of all 3 Distinct Adventures - the desert palace there is a masterpiece. I live and breathe exotic missions like that, in the widest sense.

Regarding the horse, that was made by Arcturus, while the carriage was made by me. I do modelling as an aside to my mapping, making mostly ships (I'm Danish, might be why) as well as paraffin-type lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragofer View Post
    The bandits already tried your suggestion at the very beginning, the ‘Thug’s scribbles’ mention that three men had tried to break down that door. It didn’t budge, so they assumed it was specially reinforced with steel to protect a safe room with the lord’s valuables.
    How cool! And man, their captain is a pain in the ass for forcing them to write down a log of their break-ins.

Yes, the idea was that a runner should take it back to the captain to keep him informed. Every last piece of gold they find needs to be recorded by one of the ringleaders to make sure nothing disappears on the way back to the ship, and that's also needed for splitting up the loot so each man gets his share as written down in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragofer View Post
    Yes, the idea was that a runner should take it back to the captain to keep him informed. Every last piece of gold they find needs to be recorded by one of the ringleaders to make sure nothing disappears on the way back to the ship, and that's also needed for splitting up the loot so each man gets his share as written down in the contract.
    I guess I have to reread ingame - who are they afraid of taking the bounty while bringing it to the ship? Or is it just to prevent them from forgetting something.
    Since this is a minor issue, I don't want to bother you, just for getting the picture.

Dragofer, i always had the idea TDM authors never bother themselves much playing Thief 1 or 2 missions, i´m glad you played my missions, yes i also love exotic places , and if i don't build more often places like that is because i love almost all kind of themes, so i try to do a bit of everything. I feel honored and happy to receive positive compliments from a talented author such as yourself, and i hope someday also to build 3d objects. By being Danish i assume you live close to the coast and therefore you have alot of contact with vessels and ships, right? I´ve never built ships for sea, but i believe its a challenge. speaking of which i just explored a 3d vessel in Dark Messiah, and its a beautiful construction.

who are they afraid of taking the bounty while bringing it to the ship?
    Themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Themselves.
    Apparently. But then again, withholding a "big" object like a candlestick from your fellow mates on such a small ship seems out of the question. Rings you can hide, but then again, you can hide them right from the start as you find them in the house, so they never make it on the list. Unless those robbers split the loot asap even between jobs. Ah, before I overthink this too much, let's just enjoy this great fm!

I've unlocked the church storage room, but can't find anything worthwhile in there. Don't know how I'm supposed to get out of this church environment and back to the house.

@Dead Rat: check the floor in this room

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    @Dead Rat: check the floor in this room
    Ah thanks UliB. Not sure how I missed that but I may have been confused by the light of my own lamp

You're welcome, Dead Rat.
    Last year, i didn't finish this mission(s), because the game always crashed near the horse. This time, everything worked fine, and i was able to enjoy the whole thing.
    Great work. Congratulations to Dragofer.