TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Morbid Curiosity (October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    I am stuck. I put the Rattle on a pedestal in the basement of the Cathedral. It disappeared and appear a key to the north gate. The goal of "Clear the curse from a Rattle" is not performed. Now I have 3 keys: the southern, eastern and northern. I do not understand what to do next.
    Not sure why you would have taken the Rattle back to the cathedral.. do you mean where it says Scriptures of the Master Builder? To remove the curse go to the Pagan exhibit of the Gallery. You have to get all four compass keys before the new optional objective ticks off. Looks like you need the West key, which is in the Gallery clocktower.
    Last edited by pukey brunster; 12th Oct 2016 at 11:16.

You are unable to take the hammer, meaning the Hammer of St. Merek in the reliquary?

No idea how to help you with your door trouble though.. that's a new one.

No. It just keeps making the lock sound when frobbed.

Edit. I use the key on the hammer and it disappears but is still locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Well I finally finished on Expert, with help here from the author. 4 of 6 secrets and quite a bit of loot missing. I enjoyed it, and look forward to some clues on where all the secrets can be found.

But there are also 4 locked display cases. Are we supposed to be able to get into those?
    Nope

Yes, thank you, everything turned out. And where can I find a western key?

No idea nickie.. this is possibly a new bug we haven't run into until now. Are you playing on 1.24? I think Slyfoxx had some trouble with the new loader, which was set on the old 1.23.

I want to help, but I'm not a programmer / IT guy like so many others here ;-) This is above my skill set I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    Yes, thank you, everything turned out. And where can I find a western key?
    The Gallery clocktower. In the Gallery Tour, did you find the Rose for Annaliese? You can't access the clocktower until you "unlock" the painting with the rose in the main hall there, after taking the tour..

Yes I am using 1.24. I'll see whether it will work in Dromed.

I'm off to work again.. will check in if & when I can, otherwise it will be a good 10-12 hours from now until I can get back.

Alternatively I might go back to the Normal but I was stuck in North Station unable to open either of two locked doors. Anyone know where the key/s might be?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Alternatively I might go back to the Normal but I was stuck in North Station unable to open either of two locked doors. Anyone know where the key/s might be?
    Do you have rope arrows? Check the beam above in the North Station

Thought you were going to work!

Thanks - I should know better after all these years.

Edit. I am utterly stupid. I didn't hear the bookcase opening and had completely forgotten that that's where I got the hammer from yesterday. I didn't look round to my left and just completely missed it until I heard it opening in Dromed. I can't believe I'm so dumb. Well I can really but I prefer not to believe it.

So sorry for causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    The quicksave is corrupted. The other one doesn't load. If I load it in DromEd, I get an error
    ASSERT: Dynamic array resize failed
    @pukey: I found placed ropes (604,1521) with a strange submodel (8 instead of 1). Maybe this is the culprit.
    Thanks for looking into it, i'm guessing there's nothing I can do to fix this on my end?

Also if there is a new version of the FM released does that mean I have to start from the beginning of the mission? Or can my non-corrupt saves continue on, even with an update?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by goldwell View Post
    Thanks for looking into it, i'm guessing there's nothing I can do to fix this on my end?
    I don't think so. Maybe an older savegame will do it?

Also if there is a new version of the FM released does that mean I have to start from the beginning of the mission? Or can my non-corrupt saves continue on, even with an update?
    You'll need to restart then. But maybe someone can provide a savegame for you. How far along are you?

You'll need to restart then. But maybe someone can provide a savegame for you. How far along are you?
    Hey guys, just checking in real quick. So far, I have not uploaded a new file for download - haven't been able to get to this yet, but will soon. I'll post it here when that's done.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Thought you were going to work!

Thanks - I should know better after all these years.

Edit. I am utterly stupid. I didn't hear the bookcase opening and had completely forgotten that that's where I got the hammer from yesterday. I didn't look round to my left and just completely missed it until I heard it opening in Dromed. I can't believe I'm so dumb. Well I can really but I prefer not to believe it.

So sorry for causing trouble.
    Work.. shmerk..

Thanks for the update nickie.

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Hey guys, just checking in real quick. So far, I have not uploaded a new file for download - haven't been able to get to this yet, but will soon. I'll post it here when that's done.

I have gone back to an older save game and it does work however once I progress into that same area again (the shop with a pumpkin on the sign out front) it crashes everytime I try to load a savegame. I guess my only option is to either wait for a patch and start again or try to finish the rest of the mission without loading a save game.

What seems odd to me though is how no one else seems to be faced with this issue, i've seen plenty of posts of people finishing the level with no problems. Maybe I complete the events ingame incorrectly or something... I'm not sure.

Can I have a working savegame near the grocery shop? I want to load it in DromEd.

I completed the mission including the
    spoiler:
    water statues...got the key to the city. Still haven't found the key to Rowena's shop. Besides the gallery quiz, I think this is my last goal
    hint please.

Rowenas Shop
    You'll get there by the underground area near the thieves warehouse

Can I have a working savegame near the grocery shop? I want to load it in DromEd.
    This is my last good save before I went into the grocery shop (I was only a few minutes away from entering it)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mmorbr2s0...e0005.zip?dl=0

I've loaded the savegame in DromEd and in T2. It works well. I went to the grocery and saved. No issues. No errors in DromEd.
    Try this savegame. It's in front of the shop.
    http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/aJvrJuM3/file.html

The mission looks good so far, but I'm stuck early on and now I feel like a newbie.

So, I got to the inn, got my equipment, got rope arrows. Now what? I'm stuck in this area and can't get out. I can walk around on a circular route, go to the inn, the gardening shop and the bookseller's (which I can't get to), and that's it. I cannot go back out to the guard house area through the sewers because the ladder leading out is too high to reach, and I can't find any other ways out of here. I guess I'm supposed to use the rope arrows, but I can figure out where.

EDIT: Ok, of course I figured it out right after posting. The wooden surface in question looked a bit washed-out and stone-like on my screen.

Having trouble with the sound dropping in and out after 10 seconds into the game.Music is fine,though everything else seems to come and go randomly,accompanied by a soft crackling over speakers.Footsteps from me or the guards,swimming sounds,doors ect.
    By the time I get to the tavern only the Music is left.All else is mute.
    Otherwise a good looking mission.Hard to believe it's your first release.
    Last edited by ravoll; 12th Oct 2016 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post
    Having trouble with the sound dropping in and out after 10 seconds into the game.Music is fine,though everything else seems to come and go randomly,accompanied by a soft crackling over speakers.Footsteps from me or the guards,swimming sounds,doors ect.
    By the time I get to the tavern only the Music is left.All else is mute.
    Otherwise a good looking mission.Hard to believe it's your first release.
    Yes, some people are having issues with sound due to the bit size of the sound files. They have been able to fix by turning off the audio acceleration.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast