TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 422

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Morbid Curiosity (October 2016)

  1. #101
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2007
    Location: Closer than you think
    Done that already.Acceleration= Off / EAX settings=Off.
    Just tried again.Took off from the start towards the inn,made it as far as midway through the sewers before the sound went dead.

  2. #102
    I have to get into the hammerite passage to the gallery (I suppose). There are two hammers who behave like frobbable locks, one on the hammer statue in the hammer-library and one on the sacrophagus in the hammer-crypt. Is the one in the library supposed to be take-away and be used in the crypt or have i overlooked a switch/key?

  3. #103
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    Quote Originally Posted by thief-outside-a-box View Post
    I have to get into the hammerite passage to the gallery (I suppose). There are two hammers who behave like frobbable locks, one on the hammer statue in the hammer-library and one on the sacrophagus in the hammer-crypt. Is the one in the library supposed to be take-away and be used in the crypt or have i overlooked a switch/key?

    hint
    spoiler:
    I had trouble with this bit too...search the priest's office


    bigger hint
    spoiler:
    in the priest's office behind the desk...frob the stained glass. I missed this because I just didn't notice the window highlight.

  4. #104
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Quote Originally Posted by thief-outside-a-box View Post
    I have to get into the hammerite passage to the gallery (I suppose). There are two hammers who behave like frobbable locks, one on the hammer statue in the hammer-library and one on the sacrophagus in the hammer-crypt. Is the one in the library supposed to be take-away and be used in the crypt or have i overlooked a switch/key?
    Use the hammer library key (should be named this - it's the one from the priest's office) on the hammer in the library. This will open a secret area in the library, and in there you will find another hammer key, which you should use on the coffin


  5. #105
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post
    Done that already.Acceleration= Off / EAX settings=Off.
    Just tried again.Took off from the start towards the inn,made it as far as midway through the sewers before the sound went dead.
    Fen sent me a list of the offending sound files, which are apparently the wrong bit size. I've just changed them to 16 bit, and will be updating the zip file later today. You don't necessarily have to re-download the new zip, but in there you can grab the correct sound files to replace in your current zip folder. Hoping that will fix it for you. You can find his list earlier in this thread

  6. #106
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    I'm finished for now. I still have a few bonus things left to accomplish and I'll get back to them on day. For the most part this FM is a stellar piece of work. Lots to do and see and the tasks just flowed smoothly one to the next. Rarely was I stumped for long as to what I should be doing. Well done PB.

    One notable exception.
    spoiler:
    The pagan area and the removal of the curse. I found moss and fire crystals there but I could not find any water or gas crystals. Were they there and I just missed them? (EXPERT) The areas before this were chock full of badies that quite typically get dispatched via consumables like fire, flash and holy water. Plus the only gas arrow I found on the map was pretty well hidden. So by the time I needed one of all four I was missing a water arrow. It's pretty standard game design to place such necessary items somewhat proximate to the area they'll be needed.

  7. #107
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    I'm finished for now. I still have a few bonus things left to accomplish and I'll get back to them on day. For the most part this FM is a stellar piece of work. Lots to do and see and the tasks just flowed smoothly one to the next. Rarely was I stumped for long as to what I should be doing. Well done PB.

    One notable exception.
    spoiler:
    The pagan area and the removal of the curse. I found moss and fire crystals there but I could not find any water or gas crystals. Were they there and I just missed them? (EXPERT) The areas before this were chock full of badies that quite typically get dispatched via consumables like fire, flash and holy water. Plus the only gas arrow I found on the map was pretty well hidden. So by the time I needed one of all four I was missing a water arrow. It's pretty standard game design to place such necessary items somewhat proximate to the area they'll be needed.
    Glad you liked it

    Yes, you can find the additional arrows: 2 water arrows under the bridge by the waterfalls, and 2 gas arrows on the ceiling above the bridge of the maw exhibit.

    How did it go with the compass keys? Were you able to find all four, and complete the optional objective?

  8. #108
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Rockwell, NC
    This is a great mission thus far, but I am embarrassed.... I'm stuck near the very beginning of the mission. I've made it through the sewers, and climbed up to the Inn, gathered my things, read the fences letter on the table. Then have been wandering around in circles for hours now. Can't find any extra keys, except or the ones in the officers quarters in the first part of the mission. I found a cottage for the Book keeper, but cannot get in there, and no key or window to get in, and no key in the guard quarters. And ideas?
    I also did find the....... Forgot that I can blackjack the Garden House door, and figured out where the sewer holes in there as well as the basement of the In lead to... Still not able to get to the original area I started to get the gate key, since lock picks won't open it.
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 12th Oct 2016 at 20:03.

  9. #109
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2007
    Location: South Coast,England uk
    Brilliant mission!.... but has loads of bugs for me....

    sword metal sound when I use water arrows on torches....everywhere I go in the thieves areas I get loud banging like a large hammer is being thrown around and it alerts everyone...and all I am doing is walking along..no weapons drawn or anything.
    throwing mines ,also I get skulls and swords being thrown which spin in the air just above the ground....

    will leave it for now until this can be looked at perhaps..shame as its a fab mission.

  10. #110
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Brilliant mission!.... but has loads of bugs for me....

    sword metal sound when I use water arrows on torches....everywhere I go in the thieves areas I get loud banging like a large hammer is being thrown around and it alerts everyone...and all I am doing is walking along..no weapons drawn or anything.
    throwing mines ,also I get skulls and swords being thrown which spin in the air just above the ground....
    will leave it for now until this can be looked at perhaps..shame as its a fab mission.
    Sounds like you're running an earlier version of New Dark....you need V 1.24

  11. #111
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    i need a bit of help where do i get the key for south and west? also where do i use flower and what do i use to destroy the earth ball in that glass thing so i can fix hammer

  12. #112
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    This is a great mission thus far, but I am embarrassed.... I'm stuck near the very beginning of the mission. I've made it through the sewers, and climbed up to the Inn, gathered my things, read the fences letter on the table. Then have been wandering around in circles for hours now. Can't find any extra keys, except or the ones in the officers quarters in the first part of the mission. I found a cottage for the Book keeper, but cannot get in there, and no key or window to get in, and no key in the guard quarters. And ideas?
    I also did find the....... Forgot that I can blackjack the Garden House door, and figured out where the sewer holes in there as well as the basement of the In lead to... Still not able to get to the original area I started to get the gate key, since lock picks won't open it.
    The guardhouse should not be locked, so either go in the through the front door, or go inside below from the canal where you started. Get a sword objective is in the guardhouse.


    Please note that most doors that are locked (and not pickable) have another entrance somewhere in the mission. Just explore wherever you can, and you may later find an alternate route to these areas

    Use rope arrows to traverse the locked city gates. Each gate has a proxy lock on one side or the other that can be lockpicked as well.

  13. #113
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i need a bit of help where do i get the key for south and west? also where do i use flower and what do i use to destroy the earth ball in that glass thing so i can fix hammer
    Hi there!

    The south key can be had in the canals. Look for access to a certain basement there with a nasty creature.

    Use the flower on the haunted painting in the main gallery hall. This will make it possible for you to get the West key.

    But you lost me with the earth ball in the glass thing. Sounds like you are in the wrong area to remove the curse of the hammer.. are you talking about the Lost City area? You actually need to go to the lower level of the Pagan exhibit to remove the curse.

  14. #114
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    ohh ok going now thank you
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Oct 2016 at 00:49.

  15. #115
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ohh ok going now thank you


    found the west key ,but my hammer is gone due to the fact i accidently frob it where book went,so i cant cure ,but still trying for last key where is main hallway? where i use those,i went all around gallery and saw no painting i can frob?is it nside the tour?
    You will be happy to know I have fixed the hammer frobbing issue so it shouldn't disappear if used on the wrong object - I'm playtesting it right now, and will upload a new version later tonight. Not that that helps you now.. but wanted you to know

    Not inside the tour, but on the 2nd floor of the main gallery area, where you first come into the gallery.. look by the dead guard who is hanging over the railing for that painting.

  16. #116
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    corrected my post above

    mission complete wow even got key to the city


    took me about 4+ hours to finish

    great job thank you


    also 4/6 secrets


    things i wish i seen/heard in fan mission a dewdrop i can pick up and carry with me,a dog barking would have been nice to hear.
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Oct 2016 at 02:31.

  17. #117
    I'm having a fun time so far (on Expert) but now I'm stuck - I can't get through the "Employees Only" door in the Gallery to enter it proper, and I can't go the long way back either.

    I'm probably just missing a key somewhere, any hints on where to look?

  18. #118
    This is bound to become a classic! Great FM. It reminds me of the first mission in the Black Frog campaign, only bigger .

  19. #119
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I'm having a fun time so far (on Expert) but now I'm stuck - I can't get through the "Employees Only" door in the Gallery to enter it proper, and I can't go the long way back either.

    I'm probably just missing a key somewhere, any hints on where to look?
    IIRC, that door opens automatically after you have found a secret room in the admin area of the Gallery. I think it is off the manager's office.

    Bigger hint:

    Look for a frobbable book in a bookcase.

    But you should also be able to go back the long way if you readjust the levers or climb through a window back out to the canal.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 13th Oct 2016 at 06:05.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    hint
    spoiler:
    I had trouble with this bit too...search the priest's office


    bigger hint
    spoiler:
    in the priest's office behind the desk...frob the stained glass. I missed this because I just didn't notice the window highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Use the hammer library key (should be named this - it's the one from the priest's office) on the hammer in the library. This will open a secret area in the library, and in there you will find another hammer key, which you should use on the coffin

    Thanks for the fast help, that did the trick. I wondered why the office was locked with nothing behind, the glass is really hard to see.

    Anyway, I went through the undead area, putting everyone down and winning the first statue *yay*, but now I can't "continue the tour" through the red portal, frobbing, running, jumping, nothing works?

  21. #121
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    I am almost 6 hours in the game and I don't want it to finish... !!! One of the best missions, especially for a first!!!
    My question is about the music theme at loading screen... is it from those amazing 11th Hour and 7th Guest games? It sounds soooo familiar !!
    Thank you for your great efforts pukey brunster !

  22. #122
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Is there a breath potion on Expert?

  23. #123
    Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    Yes. Do you remember the sick guy with headace lying on his bed?

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Is there a breath potion on Expert?
    Yes, I found two in

    spoiler:
    The doctor's bedroom, on the far side of the bed.

  25. #125
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2009
    Location: The Czech Republic
    Awesome So much needed in this autumn time

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •