TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Morbid Curiosity (October 2016)

I am at the beginning, past the guards house, I went down the sewers and came to a room with machineries and a couple of metal grates, followed both the paths but cannot open the sewer holes.
    What did I miss????

The writers of Thief readables are obviously users of transcription software, thereby able to capture in writing every single word they say (even their last). Furthermore, everyone is an adept ventriloquist. They bow, they nod, they wave their arms around (careful with that sword, please), but you'll never catch them moving their lips.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I am at the beginning, past the guards house, I went down the sewers and came to a room with machineries and a couple of metal grates, followed both the paths but cannot open the sewer holes.
    What did I miss????
    By the sound of it, I think you may have missed a trapdoor in the roof of a tunnel that gets you into the Inn where you are to meet your contact.

I`m very sorry, i skip this one for now. Random crashes all the time, playing for 2 minutes and straight back to the desktop with an appcrash, all of my hard-saves are corrupted, i`ll wait for an update...still this is a very good FM, maybe one of the best...But i`ll wait for now :-)

Congratulations on the release! played the whole thing and I gotta say I've never had so much fun getting lost in a city. The aesthetics are amazing, especially in the gallery. Good job! I'm looking forward to playing more of your FMs in the future. Found the six secrets but ended up 780 loot short so I might replay it.

Where can i find the flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Where can i find the flower?
    IIRC, there's a readable in back of the "Keepers" part of the gallery that teleports you to the prison of the painter. Frobbing objects in there gives you the flower; and nearby is the way back to the Keeper maze.

Absolutely AMAZING mission, which I just finished today!

- prjames

The aesthetics, atmosphere and the perfect execution of actual play is mind boggling. This mission was so "thiefy." Well placed AI, and just tough enough.

If this was a first mission call me stunned. WOW!

OK...and now where is the key for putting the flower on the painting? :P

I would love to play this game. . sadly, every time I try it just crashes back to the desktop. The menu screen starts up fine, but then nada. I tried switching from Darkloader to FM Sel, but the same problem happened. Anyone know what's going on?

This was an amazing mission, in every way, possibly the best one I played in years. Thank you so much, Pukey Brunster!

Really enjoying this mission - there's a lot of imagination on display!

I think I just have a couple of things left to do:

1. I still need to complete the smuggler objective. I've basically cleaned out the map, including the smugglers' place, so I must have missed something somewhere.
    2. I unlocked all four fountains, and Garrett said "Alright, that's the last one", but then nothing happened. Where do I go? What did I win?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I would love to play this game. . sadly, every time I try it just crashes back to the desktop. The menu screen starts up fine, but then nada. I tried switching from Darkloader to FM Sel, but the same problem happened. Anyone know what's going on?
    Are you using new dark 1.24? what video card do you use? does this also happens to recent missions?

I've just updated the mission to version 1.1 which I hope will fix some of the issues we've seen. New link replaces the old one, at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited by pukey brunster; 15th Oct 2016 at 05:07.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post

1. I still need to complete the smuggler objective. I've basically cleaned out the map, including the smugglers' place, so I must have missed something somewhere.
    2. I unlocked all four fountains, and Garrett said "Alright, that's the last one", but then nothing happened. Where do I go? What did I win?
    1. Did you get into the smuggler's personal office? There is a secret switch in there to open a painting.
    2. At the beginning of the mission, in the canal area just north of Vance Shipping. There's a new area you can access now

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    OK...and now where is the key for putting the flower on the painting? :P
    Go to the sky pavillion, the middle (small) room and look up.

Still stuck on my lay through, restarted level from beginning, and was looking for the Sword in the guards quarters, but all I have is a lockbox key for outside, and I can get a key for in the storage room for the tank (Tank key), but I cannot open the one inner door that the guard patrols. Once I use the sewers to get my stuff from the Inn, I cannot get back to this area again. I cannot find any rope arrows when going to the inn, etc.....I've tried some rooftops,but cannot get back to the other side, or try picking any locks.

I can get a couple rope arrow from: he garden house. Need to find out how to navigate his area. I like the music and the look of the atmosphere here.
    Any ideas of the unpickable door? Or do I have to get the lockpicks first them come back to the guard station, in order to unlock the locked door to get the sword?

nv, made a few gamma/brightness changes, and resolution changes, then I was able to back track.....
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 15th Oct 2016 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    The mission looks good so far, but I'm stuck early on and now I feel like a newbie.

So, I got to the inn, got my equipment, got rope arrows. Now what? I'm stuck in this area and can't get out. I can walk around on a circular route, go to the inn, the gardening shop and the bookseller's (which I can't get to), and that's it. I cannot go back out to the guard house area through the sewers because the ladder leading out is too high to reach, and I can't find any other ways out of here. I guess I'm supposed to use the rope arrows, but I can figure out where.

EDIT: Ok, of course I figured it out right after posting. The wooden surface in question looked a bit washed-out and stone-like on my screen.
    I', stuck there as well...... can you give me a spoiler pls?

OMG ! What a remarkable mission !
    You have truely put a lot of love and effort into this mission.
    All those details... and the map design in general. Awesome!

Not finished yet, since there are still a few things for me to sort out, before I am willing to call this mission done.

A few bugs I noticed. I think a few had been mentioned already, but anyway:
    in the channel/sewer area are a bunch of basement entries with lanterns hanging from some kind of support beams. Those beams are frobbable and can be snatched and are then labelled rubble. The lanterns are then hanging without being attached to anything.
    Abbey: There is this first hammer, which you would use to get access to the secret area in the lib. If you frob anything (e.g. a ddor) with that hammer in your hands, then the hammer will disappear.
    Rattle of the Build: (in case it matters: it is still cursed, since I have not figured out yet, how to remove the curse)
    You can use the rattle in the secret area in the lib on the stand where you should place the 'Scriptures of the Master Builder'. And then the real Script will be placed there instead and the valuable hammer appears. The rattle vanishes.

Need help locating the spell shop and the east key, please
    Last edited by rustmite; 15th Oct 2016 at 15:43.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I', stuck there as well...... can you give me a spoiler pls?
    Hi Maga, for getting farther,you'll need to get around to the nearest statue center (may be the maiden of the west I think), then the door next to the garden is the garden shop Make sure you have 2 or 3 rope arrows here. Go back near the gate to the first part of the mission where the guard is walking around and near the Vance Shipping office, then fire a rope arrow into a side beam and climb back over. You can pick locks now. First, go back to the guard quarters next to the beginning, and find your sword, and get some goodies.

This is an amazing mission!!!!! All of the custom stuff blew me away
    I had to turn the fog off though because I could not see very well.

Thank you for a GREAT MISSION
    pwl

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Use the hammer library key (should be named this - it's the one from the priest's office) on the hammer in the library. This will open a secret area in the library, and in there you will find another hammer key, which you should use on the coffin

This is a weird one I did that same thing, but when you use the hammer on the sarcophagi, there are 2 wall plates both have another hammer on them, the hammer in my inventory disappears. And cannot be found anywhere. Also cannot find a way into the North Station ?), and Rowen's. Couldn't find a way in there from the canals either. Did the Bookseller's though, and smashed the undead-invisible zombie.

Hold that thought..... Reloaded, and suddenly the outer hidden doors opened, and got the 2 brothers' hammers.
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 15th Oct 2016 at 16:45.

WOW! This FM rocks! And to think this was your first fan mission, wow!......... still stunned! Congrats on this release.

Only option objectives is to get into Rowena's and get some aspirin, and see the good doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Need help locating the spell shop and the east key, please

Spell shop:
    Enter Ha'Penny Market, turn left (N) and follow the winding passage to its end.

East key should be obvious later.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast