TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Morbid Curiosity (October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    1. Did you get into the smuggler's personal office? There is a secret switch in there to open a painting.
    2. At the beginning of the mission, in the canal area just north of Vance Shipping. There's a new area you can access now
    Thanks, got it! Finished now - really excellent mission, well done!

Really nice, and well put together, especially for a first mission.

I played earlier on normal and got stuck and after reading through some of this thread, I realized I would be better off playing on expert as it does seem to be designed with that being the most efficient way to play through.

Unfortunately I am stuck in the same area as before. I am hoping FenPhoenix decides to post his frustrations and eventual triumphs with this mission in a video of a play through but I guess I can't wait.

The place I am stuck is in the tower with the North gate metal door. This is by way of a passage through the Hammerite cathedral tombs and their is some fiery monk walking on a rectangular metal pathway around the water passage from which I entered. I do not know how to dispatch him and as far as I can gather I do not think I have a key for either of the two metal doors inside this tower.

I keep trying, but I wonder if I am using the wrong tools or methods at the moment. The monk seems to react to a water arrow but after the first arrow his alertness doesn't allow any more effect for additional water arrows..

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post

I played earlier on normal and got stuck and after reading through some of this thread, I realized I would be better off playing on expert as it does seem to be designed with that being the most efficient way to play through.

Unfortunately I am stuck in the same area as before. I am hoping FenPhoenix decides to post his frustrations and eventual triumphs with this mission in a video of a play through but I guess I can't wait.

The place I am stuck is in the tower with the North gate metal door. This is by way of a passage through the Hammerite cathedral tombs and their is some fiery monk walking on a rectangular metal pathway around the water passage from which I entered. I do not know how to dispatch him and as far as I can gather I do not think I have a key for either of the two metal doors inside this tower.

I keep trying, but I wonder if I am using the wrong tools or methods at the moment. The monk seems to react to a water arrow but after the first arrow his alertness doesn't allow any more effect for additional water arrows..
    There's a holy water vial beside a dead guard in the same room as the monk. Holy water arrows will get rid of him.

On Expert, there is a holy water bottle on the ground near a dead guard in that area. I took the flaming monk down with holy water arrows, but you need to be fairly inconspicuous and start hitting with the arrows from a distance so he is too busy recoiling to charge you.

Wow, amazing mission. Definitely one of the best first missions by a new author (and really good in general).

3.5hrs on Expert, found all the secrets, yet still short 1050 gold. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Still stuck on my lay through, restarted level from beginning, and was looking for the Sword in the guards quarters, but all I have is a lockbox key for outside, and I can get a key for in the storage room for the tank (Tank key), but I cannot open the one inner door that the guard patrols. Once I use the sewers to get my stuff from the Inn, I cannot get back to this area again. I cannot find any rope arrows when going to the inn, etc.....I've tried some rooftops,but cannot get back to the other side, or try picking any locks.

I can get a couple rope arrow from: he garden house. Need to find out how to navigate his area. I like the music and the look of the atmosphere here.
    Any ideas of the unpickable door? Or do I have to get the lockpicks first them come back to the guard station, in order to unlock the locked door to get the sword?

nv, made a few gamma/brightness changes, and resolution changes, then I was able to back track.....
    Not sure if you got to these yet, but just in case:

Yes, you need to get your equipment at the inn first, so that you have lockpicks to reach the upper levels of the guardhouse.

Is there any secret areas I've missed? I replayed in 1.1, searched rooftops, sewers, streets and still 600+ loot short.

Haven't finished yet but on the crashes, it stopped when I disabled my water mod which I had set via the uber_mod_path variable in cam_mod.ini. Pretty good stuff so far in playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post

Only option objectives is to get into Rowena's and get some aspirin, and see the good doctor.
    Hint: Did you find Benny's Lunchbox in a basement area? Find that, and give to the hungry people for an indirect route into the psychic.

The place I am stuck is in the tower with the North gate metal door.
    Just in case you are still stuck, once you are in the north gatehouse (after fire monk area) be sure to look toward the ceiling for an indirect way to the other side of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Is there any secret areas I've missed? I replayed in 1.1, searched rooftops, sewers, streets and still 600+ loot short.
    I spent a few hours today counting and trying to track down the loot, as my mission is too large to run a dump or use Trickster's Loot Locator. Even with a thorough search, I am also about 600 short..

I am hoping someone more techy than me can help, and one day be so charitable as to work out a loot list.

is it possible to know the name of the song that starts in the bookstore? i also heard it in cataclysmic revelations fm but sounds a little bit different.

Finished. 1500 loot off (ouch) but still completed all objectives that I know of. Really good if it's your first mission. Very long and engaging. Reminds me some of DrK's earlier stuff. Liked what happened just before the mission ended, wasn't expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    is it possible to know the name of the song that starts in the bookstore? i also heard it in cataclysmic revelations fm but sounds a little bit different.
    I think it's named Crickets, from Seven Shades of Mercury, but very possible also in CR. Great moody ambience on that one.

I think it's named Crickets, from Seven Shades of Mercury, but very possible also in CR. Great moody ambience on that one.
    thanks! finally, originally it's from Hammerite imperium and the original name is Suspence.

I spent a few hours today counting and trying to track down the loot, as my mission is too large to run a dump or use Trickster's Loot Locator. Even with a thorough search, I am also about 600 short..

I am hoping someone more techy than me can help, and one day be so charitable as to work out a loot list.
    I'm well on my way to making a decent loot list, but I am still missing 665. I have used TTLL. Looks like I am missing two pairs of scattered coins (haven't fully tried tracking all of them down yet), a purse worth 50 (looks to be somewhere in gallery or its tour - it's one cell N and one cell down from the northernmost Fine Wine in the sky pavillion)), a purse worth 75 (pretty much quite a bit straight up from the two gold nuggets by Marek's final resting place underwater), a gold nugget worth 100 (one cell N and three east of where the golden fleece is (I can't really imagine where that is); BTW, the three other 100 gold nuggets in the mission are made to look like something else (dagger, Pygmalion, rosary) and finally four "TrGob" items worth 100 each, in the vicinity of (and about one floor up from) the square with the drunken singer and his female "fan". That's close to the inn. You didn't put unfrobbable loot items in the inn, did you?
    Last edited by jiansonz; 16th Oct 2016 at 02:37.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I'm well on my way to making a decent loot list, but I am still missing 665. I have used TTLL. Looks like I am missing two pairs of scattered coins (haven't fully tried tracking all of them down yet), a purse worth 50 (looks to be somewhere in gallery or its tour - it's one cell N and one cell down from the northernmost Fine Wine in the sky pavillion)), a purse worth 75 (pretty much quite a bit straight up from the two gold nuggets by Marek's final resting place underwater), a gold nugget worth 100 (one cell N and three east of where the golden fleece is (I can't really imagine where that is); BTW, the three other 100 gold nuggets in the mission are made to look like something else (dagger, Pygmalion, rosary) and finally four "TrGob" items worth 100 each, in the vicinity of (and about one floor up from) the square with the drunken singer and his female "fan". That's close to the inn. You didn't put unfrobbable loot items in the inn, did you?
    Thank you for your help Jiansonz! After reading your post, you are right.. there are 4 TrGobs in the Inn that shouldn't be. I will re-object them using "junk" instead of the mistaken loot

So far, a complete mystery for the 50 purse.. I can't seem to track that down. The 75 purse is by the northernmost torch where the flaming monk is patrolling. I think the 100 gold nugget is the gold coins in the curator's safe.

If you can help me find the 50 purse, then I think you've got it! Do you want to post your loot list? You would be most welcome to do so if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    thanks! finally, originally it's from Hammerite imperium and the original name is Suspence.
    Thank you! Did you write the music.. it's really good!

Let me know so I can name you in credits

EDIT: Derp.. of course right after I wrote this, it dawned on me you asked the original question lol ;-) But if you do know the actual author, let me know.
    Last edited by pukey brunster; 16th Oct 2016 at 04:51.

Hint: Did you find Benny's Lunchbox in a basement area? Find that, and give to the hungry people for an indirect route into the psychic.
    Thanks Pukey Brunster! I do have that key...

Punky,
    Awesome first mission, can't believe I overlooked the spell shop, thank you for this.

Thank you! Did you write the music.. it's really good!

Let me know so I can name you in credits

EDIT: Derp.. of course right after I wrote this, it dawned on me you asked the original question lol ;-) But if you do know the actual author, let me know.
    not me,it's from this site http://atolonen.mbnet.fi/unguardedreliquary.html

anyway i am still playing this great mission thanks again

Excellent mission, even if it has a few flaws here and there. Nothing worse than the original missions, at least in my opinion. Wonderful first mission. A lot of creativity went into this. It was slow going for me though in parts. I took over 7 hours to complete it on expert. I was about 1600 short on loot and missed out on 3 secrets. This is a mission that I will play again in a few months just to go back and win it all, or at least most of the loot.

It cannot be ghosted all the way through, that is for sure; however, I did ghost many places, especially much of the Gallery. I do have one minor complaint though. The pagan pond. If one were to use the gas arrow before coming to that point, one would be SOL. I am not really a fan of missions that have no recourse if a single item is used elsewhere. Lucky for me, I did not use that particular item. Maybe there is another one available somewhere, but I never found it.

Overall, a fun mission and exceptional for a first go at it. Kudos!

Thank you for your help Jiansonz! After reading your post, you are right.. there are 4 TrGobs in the Inn that shouldn't be. I will re-object them using "junk" instead of the mistaken loot

So far, a complete mystery for the 50 purse.. I can't seem to track that down. The 75 purse is by the northernmost torch where the flaming monk is patrolling. I think the 100 gold nugget is the gold coins in the curator's safe.

If you can help me find the 50 purse, then I think you've got it!
    Still missing that, but I have everything else now. So, 5937 of 5987, right?

75 gold purse: great hiding place. Well played...

Curator's safe: I hadn't even found the secret rooms!

I tracked down my two missing scattered coins pairs. Jeez, I though I had already poked through enough burrick poo...

As for the missing purse, I gave you wrong directions in the other post - those were for the missing "gold nugget".
    There are five purses worth 50:
    - two in the weapon store's secret compartment
    - one in the print/news shop, in the area above the ceiling grate
    - one in the Gallery Tour, Hammerite area, on victim by apparition cage

- one missing

TTLL directions for the missing purse:
    - 3 cells straight E from the two northern Hammers of S:t Yora
    - 5 cells W and one S of the scattered coins pair on the sofa by the futuristic security bot
    (all at the same height (or rather, with the same Z coordinate for the TTLL cell))

It's hard for a player to know where the areas on the Tour are in relation to each other, with all the teleporting going on.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 16th Oct 2016 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I do have one minor complaint though. The pagan pond. If one were to use the gas arrow before coming to that point, one would be SOL. I am not really a fan of missions that have no recourse if a single item is used elsewhere.
    I found four gas arrows in total, on Expert.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I found four gas arrows in total, on Expert.
    Thank you Bjack!

Jiasonz is right.. there are more arrows, in particular two of each type in the general vicinity of the blessing pool (look in Pagan and Maw areas). You just have to hunt for them.. it's also noted in the readme

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast