TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Morbid Curiosity (October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    As for the missing purse, I gave you wrong directions in the other post - those were for the missing "gold nugget".
    There are five purses worth 50:
    - two in the weapon store's secret compartment
    - one in the print/news shop, in the area above the ceiling grate
    - one in the Gallery Tour, Hammerite area, on victim by apparition cage

- one missing

TTLL directions for the missing purse:
    - 3 cells straight E from the two northern Hammers of S:t Yora
    - 5 cells W and one S of the scattered coins pair on the sofa by the futuristic security bot
    (all at the same height (or rather, with the same Z coordinate for the TTLL cell))
    Hmm.. let me see if I can find that last missing purse.. I'll be back. Thank you again for your help with this!

- one missing
    It's in the Pagan Forest, halfway down to the blessing pool is a dead couple inside the display room, the purse is a couple feet away near the back wall.

Fantastic first mission, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    It's in the Pagan Forest, halfway down to the blessing pool is a dead couple inside the display room, the purse is a couple feet away near the back wall.

Fantastic first mission, btw!
    Ah! There you go Thank you Dahenjo!

Jiasonz, if you have one, feel free to post your list. I hate to pester my hosters again, but I will update to a 1.2 for this (and caught a few other minor glitches that I fixed).

Thanks, Dahenjo! (Darn, I had been there and looked around quite a bit. Or so I thought...)

Right, I've uploaded a lootlist (.html format) to here.
    (Not sure how to put it directly in the forum post in a way that looks good)

(Oops, should have added that it's for Expert difficulty. There are some other loot pieces on the other difficulties.)
    Last edited by jiansonz; 16th Oct 2016 at 17:14.

I am delivering parcels....please tell me where the dairy is...I am going round in circles and don't see it anywhere,its probably right under my nose but I cant find it,lol

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I am delivering parcels....please tell me where the dairy is...I am going round in circles and don't see it anywhere,its probably right under my nose but I cant find it,lol
    Above your nose, more like.

Walk towards the market entrance. Before you enter, look left (and a little up).

(Oops, should have added that it's for Expert difficulty. There are some other loot pieces on the other difficulties.)

I copy/pasted your list to Notepad, and will include with the new zip. I also took the liberty of making notes for the Normal/Hard levels. I should upload later tonight, and will add a link to your online list as well for the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Are you using new dark 1.24? what video card do you use? does this also happens to recent missions?
    I'm pretty sure I'm not using New Dark 1.24. . . in fact, I'm not sure exactly what it is or where to download it. It's been a while since I've played any new missions and I do have an oldish video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    So. . . all three of those things are probably the reason.

Spell shop:
    Enter Ha'Penny Market, turn left (N) and follow the winding passage to its end.

East key should be obvious later.
    Um... not obvious to me yet! Any more hints (i.e. spoilers!) for the East key?

BTW, what a fabulous mission! Nice birthday present for me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FKenFord View Post
    Um... not obvious to me yet! Any more hints (i.e. spoilers!) for the East key?
    Deliver all six packages and return to the pawn shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not using New Dark 1.24. . . in fact, I'm not sure exactly what it is or where to download it. It's been a while since I've played any new missions and I do have an oldish video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Possible..

I think if you get Tafferpatcher it includes all the updates if you want to try it, which you can find links to here on the forums. Be sure to save a backup of your Thief directory though, before making any changes.
    Last edited by pukey brunster; 17th Oct 2016 at 04:27.

Updated to version 1.2 to include correct loot count. Thank you Jiasonz for your list!

Loot list included with zip, as well as new Secrets/Equipment/Pickpocket count list.

I'm in the crypt I opened the tomb and travelled underwater, but I cannot find anything and always drown
    Can anyone give me a path to follow???

Found it!!!!!
    Now I'm trying to find a way to defeat the fire hands priest.....
    Last edited by maga; 17th Oct 2016 at 08:57. Reason: ETA

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Sneak around the corner there's holy water

A correction to my lootlist:
    The two pairs of scattered coins on a windowsill are West of Benny's basement, not East.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146446

This was the thread announcing NewDark 1.24's release which has download links. You want to extract the contents of the contained new_dark.zip into your Thief2 directory, maybe declining to overwrite the configs unless you want to set those up again.

I have been playing this for a couple of days now. This is a very good mission. There are two things I am stuck on. I only found 5 learning centers. Did I miss something? I also can only find 5 secrets. The one I am missing is the guards quarters at what I assume is the south gate. I have looked everywhere in that room. Is it a switch?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I have been playing this for a couple of days now. This is a very good mission. There are two things I am stuck on. I only found 5 learning centers. Did I miss something? I also can only find 5 secrets. The one I am missing is the guards quarters at what I assume is the south gate. I have looked everywhere in that room. Is it a switch?
    Hi there, and greetings from SW WA

In the new 1.2 zip there is a secret spoiler list, but first check earlier in this thread as I wrote down a few hints for the six.

As for the learning centers.. sounds like you may have to backtrack. For each themed exhibit (Death, Lost City, Keepers, Hammers, Pagan, Maw) there is a learning center just before leaving each area.

Glad you are enjoying it, and let me know if that helps.

Here's my video. Those trees are pretty

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Here's my video. Those trees are pretty

Cool!! I've spent hours watching your let's plays while I ran long mission processes. And.. by now you can appreciate how long those mission processes were for this one, so thank you Fen!

My latest map (started ten years ago) doesn't take long at all to process...but it is still 99% brush work and lights and not really big. But that's with new dark. Back in the day even this modest map took quite some time to optomize and re-light...so I would spin my chair around 180 and play piano until the little bell rang or Russell said "I think my work here is done." Dromed chops over here...piano chops 180 over here.

The more you know.........

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post

The more you know.........

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Possible..

I think if you get Tafferpatcher it includes all the updates if you want to try it, which you can find links to here on the forums. Be sure to save a backup of your Thief directory though, before making any changes.
    I have Tafferpatcher already! I am confuse.
    All these newfangled updates and downloads and newdarks and whatnot are getting so complicated. *angrily thumbs old-lady cane*

Ghost
    I'm completely stumped at the very beginning. It's very depressing.

I was able to get into the inn... but that's about it. I want to go northeast to the abbey, but I'm blocked at every turn. I can't get through on dry land, and the only two manholes I can reach take me nowhere, just another way to the entrance I already saw, and more of the same dang inn. I even got up on a roof and jumped over one of the locked gates. It just took me to yet another view of the inn!

I must have missed a whopper of a path, because I can't get anywhere at all.

All right, I was finally able to get a little bit farther, through the sewers into the orchid house and into the pink trees. Maybe I can get out and onto my destination?

Nope, still stuck in the stupid sewers. Interest is waning.
    Last edited by Dafydd; 20th Oct 2016 at 03:59.

Persevere with the locked gates where you can use your rope arrows on adjoining walls. Plus, I didn't realise for quite a long time that the locked gates had locks that could be picked. Once they're all open it makes it a lot easier.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast