TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bundle Bonanza!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Humble Indie Bundle 18 is up.

Buncha indie stuff! Owlboy is in the top tier. Kentucky Route Zero is in the BTA tier, but you already have that one. Those are not why I'm posting about this bundle

NO

because GUESS what's in the Pay What You Want tier!

GUESS!

GUESS WHAT YOU CAN GET FOR PRACTICALLY NO MONEY AT ALL

NO DONT EVEN BOTHER GUESSING YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET IT, I'LL JUST TELL YOU INSTEAD

IT IS

THE SECOND BEST GAME OF LAST YEAR

which none of you fuckers bothered playing I know it

STEAM WORLD

motherfucking

HEIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTT!!!

Get it.

Question is, they say it's pay what you want. What if you want to pay $0?

[edit]
    Never mind. Tested for myself and it's a $1 minimum. So that's not really paying what you want. Still good for the games you get for $1 though.

It used to be pay what you want, but then people abused the hell out of the system, so they set a minimum amount of $1 for the Steam keys.
    Last edited by Starker; 17th May 2017 at 03:01.

Ah.

Makes sense. Pay nothing, get the keys, resell em.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, if you don't pay anything, you don't get anything. I think that's a fair trade.

You can still just pay one cent and get only the games delivered on Humble Bundle, though.

Oh, and you literally can't pay $0. How would they even know you paid them $0?

Chakat sex pillow
    With a receipt, of course. But you'd have to bill them for the material costs of creating one, so they'll have to pay you back.

I was more just being technical. It says "pay what you want" but then you can't, so it's false.

Chakat sex pillow
    That's not being technical, that's committing a semantic error. You can't 'pay' $0 because the entire idea of payment hinges on an exchange of non-zero value.

I played some Steamworld Heist, it was good.

Sounds interesting. I might just have to add some more games that I'll never play in my Steam library.

Is Kentucky Route Zero or any of the other games any good?

Level 10,000 achieved
    KRZ has wonderful visuals and folk music. Still, I played up until the end of Act 3(I think), but no further. One of these days I need to sit my ass down and finish it. It's so unique it's definitely worth giving a go.

Y'know what, the best writing about KRZ I've read was by dethtoll, even though it was less about the game and more about the very personal memories it stirred in him.

This is from 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    I grew up about 8 miles north of Cincinnati. That might not seem like much now, but 20 years ago the difference was palpable. You could stand on the hillside by the old church and look down into the orange and green dots that made up Cincinnati proper -- but where we were was almost pitch black. It's all built up now. Half the woods are gone, new houses in their place. But you can still find that kind of atmosphere, you just have to drive a little farther. There are parts of Kentucky and Ohio that look exactly as presented in Kentucky Route Zero (minus the giant eagles of course.) And that's what makes it so amazing -- sure, it's a very stylized art style, but it's captured perfectly the atmosphere and overall weirdness of this part of America, something that gets lost when you get too close to the ashtrays we call cities.

I can't really talk about Kentucky Route Zero in terms of gameplay. I can only talk about growing up in the 80s and 90s when everything wasn't so built up. About how when I was really little I lived up in Michigan and we used to drive down here to visit my grandparents and it was a completely different world, where the street had no lights and people turned off their porchlights before going to bed at 9pm, and darkness seemed to swallow up everything, even sound. About how summers in rural southern Ohio and Kentucky were otherworldly. About going down to Coney Island Amusement Park in Cincinnati's California neighborhood, down by the river, passing all the houses where nobody lived on the first floor, and wandering around Moonlite Gardens before taking a ride on the Ferris Wheel. About staying up 'til two in the morning playing strange, obscure text adventure games in the late 1990s with bizarre imagery and British humor. About getting lost in the woods one night at the end of summer and having to use the moonlight to find my way back into the backyard. About trips to the lake while fumigating the house, and stormclouds gathering as we drove home. About looking out on the backyard through the window in the upstairs hall closet. About being seven and bewildered. About being twelve and lonely. About being fifteen and lost.

This game is beautiful.
    Last edited by henke; 18th May 2017 at 15:30.

Chakat sex pillow
    KRZ's like playing a Zen koan. If you like magical realism and lyrical experiences, it's worth a punt.

I went for the "better than average", so I'll let you know in the near future.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Humble Adult Swim Games Bundle

Contains Westerado, Völgarr, Duck Game, Headlander, Rain World, Glittermitten Grove, among others.

Anyone want my Westerado or Völgarr keys, lemme know.

People seem to like Resident Evil around here, so the new Humble Capcom Rising bundle might appeal to some. The remasters have never been bundled before, at least.

$1: STRIDER, Umbrella Corps, DmC: Devil May Cry
    BTA: Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Resident Evil HD REMASTER, Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER, Resident Evil 6
    $12: Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition

Level 10,000 achieved
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 9!

Has 2 games I wanna played in the $1 tier: The Flame In The Flood and Human Fall Flat. Also Infested Planet, which looks alright. Other tiers have Verdun, Samorost 3, Vermintide, and American Truck Simulator!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Humble Very Positive Bundle 2 has Mordor, Ultimate Chicken Horse and Oxenfree in the BTA tier. Death Road To Canada and Beat Cop in BT10.

I see Ultimate Chicken Horse has online multiplayer now! I'd absolutely be up for some MP action in this.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I've never subscribed to Humble Monthly, but they're really going all out with it this month. Rise of the Tomb Raider, which has been on my "to play" list for a while now, is the early unlock. Still, I resisted, mainly because I'd rather play it on PS4 at some point. But then I find out a game that's coming to Humble Monthly exclusively (at least for a couple months).

Well, shit. Subscribed.

hurt me, Foddy! hurt me!

Doesn't look as good as Stick Fella :P

Administrator
    I thought Humble Monthly was worth a try as it's only $12, not that I know when I'll manage to play Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's probably just going on the backlog. Generally speaking discounted bundles account for my large backlog. Oh well...

Also the guy in a cauldron with a mallet looked hilarious.

I have to stop looking at more of these bundles so I don't get even more stuff I don't have time to play.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Humble Monthly is OUT! I will be the first one to GET OVER IT!

So, besides Getting Over It and ROTTR it's got:
    Wargame: Red Dragon
    Furi
    Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
    Seasons After Fall
    The Shrouded Isle
    Scanner Sombre

Scanner Sombre has VR support now, so I'll definitely give that a whirl. Don't know what most of these are. I have Furi on the PS4 tho and I didn't like it so if anyone wants the key, let me know.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I didn't get over it.

Last edited by henke; 6th Oct 2017 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    I didn't get over it.
    Huhhh. I kind of like the idea. The voiceover is incredibly annoying. Is there more to it? It seemed like the coffee cup was the only non-static non-player object. Looked weird when the small barrels were fixed in place.

Administrator
    For some reason I completely missed this after subscribing. I have tried to get over it for a bit - I thought it was quite amusing. May have another go later. Trying to decide what to try next...