TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bundle Bonanza!

Level 10,000 achieved

Bundle Bonanza!

A thread for noteworthy Bundles (Humble or otherwise).

Up right now, the Humble Unreal Engine Bundle, featuring Dangerous Golf, Adrift, and The Culling. Those first 2 are deffo on my list, so I'll be picking this one up. Also featured: Shadow Complex (it's good!) and Ethan Carter (bland, but pretty). And also some other stuff.

Shadow Complex is one of the very few games where the writing was bad enough that I almost lost all interest in the game. I'm glad I persisted, though, since there are few enough Metroidvanias on PC, and it's definitely a good 'un.

Chakat sex pillow
    Wouldn't this be better off folded into the great bargains thread? Unless you want to discuss the games in the bundles, that is.

Level 10,000 achieved
    No.

Administrator
    I recommend this Humble "Staff Picks" bundle. Highlights for me are TIS-100 and Legend of Grimrock II at the "pay what you want" level. Infinifactory at the ~$4 level is also good.

Level 10,000 achieved
    A Good Bundle at itch.io. 151 games for $20.

Even if you're not gonna buy it, it's fun to scroll through and see a bunch of cool looking things you've never even heard off. Some of these are name-your-own-price so you might even get them for free, if you so wish, and some even run right in the browser, like Loco Motion. Everyone go play Loco Motion now, it's good. I can't get past the part with the stairs.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Assassin's Creed Bundle

Those sidescrolling Chronicles games are in the pay-what-you-want tier. You've probably wanted to play those without spending a lot of money, and now you can!

Actually, I did pick up the India one not too long ago, but I didn't play very far. It wasn't bad tho, I should really get back to it.

It's Ass Creed to you mister.

I played the first two and liked them a lot , particularly part 2. Never got very far into part 3 before giving up. I lost track of all of the other releases after that. Are they worth playing?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well, Black Flag and Syndicate are probably the high-points, though neither are in the bundle.

It's odd that they don't have the complete Ezio mini-trilogy but only AC2 and Brotherhood. (Yes, Revelations reviewed worse than those two, but it's still the conclusion to Ezio's story, and Istanbul is a cool location.)

The Humble Freedom Bundle is worth a special mention.

Not only because you get a bunch of awesome games and books for $30 (seriously, check it out!), but because the entire $30 gets split between three fantastic organisations doing great work: the ACLU, MSF and International Rescue.

Give the Trumpoids a bloody nose and get yourself some ace swag at the same time!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Good games, good causes. Bought!

The Witness and Overgrowth have been on my list for a long while, and there's several others I'd love to give a spin as well. Stardew Valley, Mushroom 11, Nuclear Throne.

Anyone play Subnautica? Any good?

Had my eye on Subnautica a while ago, when it was first launched as Early Access. No idea how it is now, but I would also like to hear about it.

Two games in it I know to be good:
    AI War - A coop RTS/4x hybrid that pits human players against a pair of AI opponents that do not play by the exact same rules, but still follow a fairly strict set of rules.
    Tower of Guns - A Roguelite FPS with satisfying gunplay and interesting challenges.

The first few hours of Subnautica (all that I played) were great. I didn't get to building submarines, bases, and exploring deep ocean, but the setting worked fantastically well for a crafting survival game, where you know that you need X resource to craft those flippers/oxygen tank, etc, and it's good fun to scavenge around, swimming through reeds and coral tunnels.

Give it a go. You may just have fun.

A lot of what No Man's Sky tried to do and failed, Subnautica delivers.

Yeah, I can see the similarity, and also appreciate that Subnautica is a game which doesn't want to waste your time with progress bars and travel.

The only thing in the bundle which interests me which I don't already have, is R in a Nutshell. Probably won't fork out $30 just for that, but wondering how ebooks work on Humble.

(Also, play Human Resource Machine. It's a great visual programming puzzle game).

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well, it's not just $30 for the bundle, it's also for a good cause. But I can probably gift that thing to you(when I get home). I just hope you manage to enjoy reading your ebook WHILE THE WORLD BURNS

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    The only thing in the bundle which interests me which I don't already have, is R in a Nutshell. Probably won't fork out $30 just for that, but wondering how ebooks work on Humble.
    I bought the Army of Darkness comic bundle a while back, and they are available for me to download as pdf files as well as a couple of e-book formats. To use them as e-books you'd just have do transfer the apropriate file to your reading device (or open them in your e-book program).

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Well, it's not just $30 for the bundle, it's also for a good cause. But I can probably gift that thing to you(when I get home). I just hope you manage to enjoy reading your ebook WHILE THE WORLD BURNS
    Joke's on you, because if you send me that ebook, I'll donate a few dollars to one of those bundle charities.

FUCK THE SYSTEM

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Humble Wild Frontier Bundle is quite good! It at least had a couple games that've been on my wishlist for a while: wild west/Lovecraft-themed XCOM-alike Hard West, and Renowned Explorers, which caught my eye when twisty listed it as one of his faves of last year. Also in the BTA-tier: Spintires! And for $13 you get something called Slime Rancher, which I don't know what it is. I watched the trailer but I still don't know what it is.

Anyone want keys for Spintires, Gods Will Be Watching or Frontiers, let me know. Think I'm gonna hang on to Ice Lakes.

Thanks henke! I haven't even heard of any of these games before (apart from Spintires for some reason ), but Hard West seems like something that could be very good! Has anyone played it? I think I'm buying the bundle just for this one. The trailer makes Renowned Explorers sound a bit confusing, but it has potential and seems quite interesting. Ice Lakes looks so silly that it's probably worth trying as well... and I might even give Spintires a go some time to see if it actually is any good!

About Slime Rancher, Jim Sterling seemed to like it when he played it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UcSgtC1OKI

The new Humble Very Positive Bundle is a good one. Most of the games have never been bundled before, but the main attraction for me is UnderRail which I've almost bought several times but somehow never did. The Curious Expedition, Hacknet and Deadly Tower of Monsters look good too, and there's even some sports game presumably about people who manage to overcome their severe cranial abnormalities and become elite athletes.

Oh man, I like puzzle games, but Stephen's Sausage Roll is too hardcore for me. Probably worth a look if you're a serious puzzle game fan, though.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah, Sausage Roll is the one I'm a bit interested in, yet I'm not sure I wanna get the bundle just for one game.

Only one of those I've played is Deadly Tower, which was so-so.