TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blender Error (Export to bin)

Blender Error (Export to bin)

Hey Taffers,

i have a problem with blender, when i try to export a file to .bin a error shows up. (look at picture)

Any Ideas, how to solve this?

Too many faces. Try to keep within 1500.
    Perhaps 2000 will also be enough. Gradually reduce the count of faces and try to export.

Resizing a screenshot of an error message makes it hard to read.

The scale is good enough. Soul Tear is right, there are too many polygons.
    I thought I'd fixed the script to show an informative error message in this particular case, but apparently I didn't =\

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Too many faces. Try to keep within 1500.
    Perhaps 2000 will also be enough. Gradually reduce the count of faces and try to export.
    how is it possible to reduce faces? im trying to export a football object with blender to .bin file. the object has 9,360 faces. what's the options to reduce the faces?

Cardia, remove extra edges or faces. Consistently, one after the other. Then fill empty space between vertices. And of course you will have to re-texturing these new faces... It's not so hard when you're good friends with your software.
    Although sometimes it is enough to remove unnecessary parts of the model (for example, a couple of branches on the tree).

Can you put a screenshot of your model?

Blender may also have an automated method to reduce model polygons (polys). I know 3ds Max does. However it is best to just model with the understanding that every model should be under 1500 polys, preferably under 1000. To get there you may find it easier to remodel the object from scratch than it is to remove individual faces and reconnect up. In either case you will need to reapply the texture UVs.

Try using a Decimate modifier.
    This image shows where the modifiers are:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/blenderguru.../modifiers.png

The default mode is 'collapse'. Reduce the ratio value to remove polys. It does a good job with the texture mapping. You can see your object's poly count at the top of Blender's window (look for the Tris value).

Thank you Robin that did the job, however i can't make the texture to be loaded, what im i doing wrong? i remember Terra had the same problem:

Thank you Soul Tear and Larry G for your suggestions.

Why not just retexture the basketball, rather than introducing a new ball?

Decimate generally does a shite job. If I were you I'd make a football from scratch. It's essentially an icosphere with everything beveled.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq4V_IHgPrs

or just retexture the basketball ...

LarryG
    It's easier when you use overlaid UVs and only have a hexagon and a pentagon to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by nemyax View Post
    Decimate generally does a shite job. If I were you I'd make a football from scratch. It's essentially an icosphere with everything beveled.
    I like the decimate, it did a nice job on this cat:

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Too bad you can't animate it, that looks great! I guess it could go in a taxidermist's shop or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Too bad you can't animate it, that looks great! I guess it could go in a taxidermist's shop or something.
    Yes youre right Russ, im using this cat on my mission as a dead cat to give it back to someone that is looking for her missing cat. you can also edit the texture to black and white to look it like a statue, or simply a embalmed cat.

@Cardia, is that cat going to be available? I'm looking for a cat of any sort that I could paint black and put in my mission. I would like to commemorate the cat my family lost this year.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    @Cardia, is that cat going to be available? I'm looking for a cat of any sort that I could paint black and put in my mission. I would like to commemorate the cat my family lost this year.
    It is already available, ive uploaded it yesterday here:

http://spirited-tech.com/thief/
    Last edited by Cardia; 23rd Dec 2016 at 04:36.

Quote Originally Posted by nemyax View Post
    Thank you Nemyax, ill see what i can do

There are some objects i can't set entirely to "Set origin" and bounds center. How can i select all brushes and have them to go to the center origin position at the same time?

Try to set 0/0/0 coordinates for 3D Cursor (use N panel in Object Mode, 3D Cursor field). Then move your object to 3D Cursor. Shift+S > Selection to Cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    set 0/0/0 coordinates for 3D Cursor (use N panel in Object Mode, 3D Cursor field)
    Or just press Shift+C.

Thank you Soul Tear and Nemyax, i'll see what i can do.

Damm i can't get them all at the center in the proper way, everytime i select all and set to origin it gets a pile of bushes, a mess. Can anyone do a video walktrough ? i tried so many things, i can move multiple brushes manualy,by pressing left mouse and "b" but its never accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    i can't get them all at the center in the proper way
    What is it you're trying to do? Do you want the geometry to remain where it is but move all the pivots to the world origin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast