TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Trump is killin' it.

I doubt Trump is planning to use the nukes, but he's impulsive, aggressive and easily provoked. And there's no one to veto him if he gets it in his little brain that nuclear war was the way.

By the way, your smilies have arrived, just click this one:

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but those are probably contrails. Best of luck with your condition though.
    Yes, we already know. Thank you for your concern though.

verbose douchebag
    It's OK, many people have phobias - nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    We need to be allowed at least 250 smileys per post. At least.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    I doubt Trump is planning to use the nukes, but he's impulsive, aggressive and easily provoked. And there's no one to veto him if he gets it in his little brain that nuclear war was the way.
    Mattis is the only buffer the world has between Trump and the nukes. While he's required by law to acquiesce to the president on the issue, I could imagine Trump ordering a nuclear strike in all but the most dire of circumstances would lead to an all out mutiny.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Picture
    But why go through all the trouble of opening up Photoshop when I could just do it here?

Slightly less tormented Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    We need to be allowed at least 250 smileys per post. At least.
    Look you, boyo, today is not a day for smileys, emoticons maybe.

I sincerely hope that Trump doesn't treat the US as he has some of his businesses, and bankrupt you.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, well...

We've got some interesting days ahead of us, Nickie. Maybe a little too.

Slightly less tormented Moderator
    Despite the imminent onset of Brexit and the fact that heating oil has doubled in price in a few months and the cost of petrol and food has gone up, we've bought a bottle of cheapo brandy with which to commiserate with whoever* wants commiserating with.

* I think you tend to say whomever.

A massive increase in the deficit is an almost certain consequence of Republican victory. They're deeply enamored of tax cuts and not interested in cutting government spending to any remotely comparable degree - in fact they usually end up raising spending overall. A typical budget might look like billions in tax cuts to mostly rich folks, billions in new spending on ineffective walls and corrupt military/industrial programs, and a few million in heavily publicized in cuts to, what, the National Endowment for the Arts, apparently. Adding up to a whole lot more public debt.

verbose douchebag
    By dint of living in France and being an Irish citizen, I seem to have dodged Brexit. My next fear is that France may just be stupid enough to vote in Le Pen.

Like all populist revolutions, the hoi paloi are at first intoxicated by what they think is finally taking their country back from the corrupt elites. Then the new government comes in to demolish every check on power they can get their hands on. Then the purges and the pandering and the power grabs. This has happened so many times in history it's a wonder it's not immidiately recognizable for what it is.

Populist revolutions always go a bad way, left and right. The only question is whether or not one is too intoxicated to see it coming.

I should be more specific. Politics fueled by resentment always goes a bad way, because once the door is opened to it, resentment is an insatiable fire that doesn't let up until it sees all the icons of its humiliation burn.

verbose douchebag
    Then, like a UFO cult, they blame the worsening conditions on foreingers or the poor or the bleeding heart liberals or basically anyone except the people actually making things worse.
    It's maddeningly predictable.

Since we discussed earlier whether Trump was funny, here's an excellent article about how trolls and jokes won the election.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    By dint of living in France and being an Irish citizen, I seem to have dodged Brexit. My next fear is that France may just be stupid enough to vote in Le Pen.

verbose douchebag
    Ha!

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post

By the way, your smilies have arrived, just click this one:

That is a fantastic cover!