TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief Object Enhancement Pack

Really strange title. I have written a more appropriate phrase.

Zombified
    Thief the Ever Changing Title Objects Mod

but seriously, Thief Object Enhancement Pack was just fine.

Now I'm curious what "Imroved" models are. Are they partially removed? Or possibly something involving roofs?

Let it be nickie's title

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'm sure Soul Tear didn't intend to imply that this was an update of EP2 but as so many people have read this now and I don't want anyone to be confused, and in the absence of alternative thread titling by Soul Tear, I've changed the title. Better, possibly more accurate, suggestions are sought from illustrious viewers.
    When I saw the current title just now I got the impression that Soul Tear had done what NV already did. My suggestion is to use terms that are completely different than 'Enhancement Pack' maybe something like Next Gen or something that doesn't give the impression that this is not the new version of EP.

btw the work looks great!

Soul Tear, do you mind if I include these models in the EP2?

I might need to make some modifications, particularly to the UV mapping, to try to make them work better with FM custom resources.

Nameless Voice, yes, that's a good idea. Now I was thinking, why did I make a separate pack? Probably there was some reason, but I do not remember. Well, apparently, it's all about the strong difference of many of my objects from the original ones.
    In fact, it is much more convenient for everyone to have everything in one place. However, there may be problems with textures. Perhaps some things are better not to add or something needs to be changed. Let me know about any problematic objects. Maybe I can do something about it.

Oh, and yet I hate my covered furniture, it's probably better to remove it. CovVicCushyChair and CovVicCouch are more successful, but the rest is completely useless, these were only small experiments with the physics of cloth.

There were a few more objects that I have not added to this pack yet. For example, I made an excellent model of a cart.

By the way, do not forget about torture stocks, racks and new ladders that lie on the Repository. They completely replace all vanilla.

Well, the problem with this pack is that all of the textures have different filenames to the originals, and often very different UV mappings (including some files having multiple different textures in them.)

The AIs in particular are going to be a big problem, because an AI with custom textures but no custom AI models is one of the most common things to see in FMs.

I had the idea of making a second version of each model with the UV mapping closer to the originals, then loading them into Substance Painter and getting it to automatically remap the texture file. That should work in theory, but I haven't actually tried it.

Other ones are harder. I love that new candlestick model, but the original one just uses the same texture as the gold goblets. Applying that texture to goblets will probably look wrong, but remaking the model to use its own texture will potentially break FMs with custom candlesticks.

A good test is to see if the model still properly without the new textures being present (e.g. it should fall back to using the original low-fi assets).

It would probably take the original model files and a lot of work to make these changes.

Probably do not make sense to add these AIs to EP, there were some experiments, not very successful. It's better to upload them to the Repository.

As for the candle, I just change the material and the name of the texture. BTW I also planned to create new goblets with new textures.

NV, just let me know all your wishes about these models, and gradually this can be fixed.