TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First FM you ever played?

Mine was Koobze.

If I remember correctly my first mission was Art of Thievery.

Benny's Dead by Gingerbread Man. Those swearing little people in the sewers.. just pure genius.

Mine was "From beneath the Sands", I remember having fun with this one for weeks!

Mine was "Circle of Strain 3" in the year 2004 I think. This FM is still such a masterpiece!

Don't remember. I can only say that Art of Thievery first introduced me to the delights of ghosting.

Ranstall Keep - For T2, on release.
    The Monastery of St. Fera - For T1, can't remember when, but I think it was when I finally decided to give them a chance, I was all in for thief2 controls.

Well, I first played T2X before I even knew FMs were a thing and was utterly amazed by there being a fan-made expansion.

Then, when people over on RPGCodex where I posted an enthusiastic thread about T2X told me about FMs, I followed a couple of recommendations and have been playing FMs ever since!

The first FM I played was one that a user described as having "very silly and peculiar humor", and since silly humor is exactly my thing, that FM became the first one I ever played.
    A Servant's Life :P

After that, the first serious FM I played was Art of Thievery, and I fell in love with it!

I don't remember, but taking a look in my T1 FMs folder, The Saint of Redmound by Morrgan is first on the list, so I'm going with that. I downloaded it in 2003, which was also the year I discovered TTLG and FMs in general. The mission still stands, by the way; it could have been longer, but it's a nice mission to come back to Thief with (even if only temporary).

It was Stowaway and I still find it really good, would love to see a modified or new version, or a sequel. The second one was Waterlogged.

I started with the Thief 1 version of "The Spider Caves". Had problems with gamma correction on the graphics card I used at that time, so I had to play at night, especially with dark mission such as that one.

My first was Apache's mission pack. Back in 2001 I believe.

Benny´s dead in summer 2001.
    Those lovely terrible little creatures in the sewers.
    Last edited by Tannar; 20th Jan 2017 at 21:58. Reason: removed profanity

I only started playing FMs in 2013 and my first was Inverted Manse.

Willow Island. I wasn't too impressed but I kept playing more of them. Not sure which mission was the first FM to really 'wow' me.

Ranstall Keep - in black and white.

Inverted Manse must have been the most memorable of the first ones I played.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I don't remember which one was first, but the first memorable one I played was Embracing the Enemy. Had a big enough impact on me that it inspired elements in my early mission The Burrick's Head Inn.

That's lost in the mists of time! I've been around here for a very long time. I DO remember that I registered here to ask a question about Calendra's Cistern after lurking for quite awhile. It was brand new and nobody had asked what I needed to know so I had to get over my shyness or go nuts.

Willow Island was my first too, going by oldest download date, which I might've replayed once since but had mostly forgotten, so I just did again under NewDark and thought it's actually pretty good for being one of the first T2 FMs. In the 2006 thread for it here that's linked at thiefmissions, Gonchong points out there wasn't the usual 'release thread' because the Fan Missions forum didn't exist yet, so its first thread was at the Editors Guild (well worth a read all these yrs later).

The next few oldest ones I played were The Inverted Manse, Ominous Bequest, The Seventh Crystal, Left for Dead, Ranstall's Keep, and then Calendra's Legacy. No wonder I was hooked!

"The Mystery Man" Fall 2001. I remember the whole process of installing darkloader. I was such a computer noob. Mrs. Sly had to help me. I remember the excitement when the mission started and then depression when I moved a bit and found the front door guards acting all hooey and spinning on the ground. A bit of research and I found that I had not gotten the convict.osm script (convict stands for "conditions for victory" btw) Once I got that...all was good.

Mine was "Keeper of the Prophecies" Campaign by frobber.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    (convict stands for "conditions for victory" btw)
    Lol, I always thought they named it after Garrett's illegal profession, that might one day make him a convict up at Cragscleft

T2X

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Lol, I always thought they named it after Garrett's illegal profession, that might one day make him a convict up at Cragscleft
    I used to believe it was named after Constantine and Viktoria. I was very obviously wrong.

Much like most people, my first introduction to FMs was Thief 2X. Later on, I blindly ended up trying a few missions based on how pretty they looked, like the Rocksbourg series. I admit I didn't really understand them back them, and even found a few levels frustrating, but eventually they clicked, and that's what matters!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast