TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First FM you ever played?

I think it was Stowaway back in 2000 which came on a PC Gamer disc (here in the UK) along with quite a few others that got me the Thief FM's bug and i still play them and love them today!

Willow Island by Gonchong.

Coincidentally, it's his birthday, so here's to ya, Gonchong!

After a bit of nostalgic digging through old saves, the first FMs I played appear to be Just Friends and Fletcher's Final Mistake way back in June 2004. The recent release in the circle news of Fletcher's Final Mistake must have drawn me to look at the FMs.

I played through a bunch of FMs in that first two weeks. Often during the first year, I would download a mission or two while playing another FM. OH!, the joys of dial-up.

So many good to great FMs during that first two weeks: Waterlogged, Bathhouse, Stronghold, Stowaway, Trickster's Castle (couldn't even come close to progressing beyond the starting area initially), Smuggler's Request, Breakout, Bloodsport, Lady Whitman's Disease, More time to foil Karras, Night at the theatre

And some fantastic missions interspersed amongst them:
    Benny's Dead
    Equilibrium
    The Ritual
    Raid on Washout Central
    Ranstall Keep T2
    Willow Island
    The TTGM series (the first 4 missions)

I must have been using the reviews/Hammer rankings to select the good ones during this time of 56 kb/sec.

Ominous bequest gold.

Was still using my blackjack at the time. Thought the mission was perfect back then.

The first I ever played was Seeds of Doubt. The first I ever finished was Lord Edmund Etertains (followed by The Order of the Vine).

Best times ever.

Autumn In Lampfire Hills back in 2001, which is when my Thief obsession started as well.

When we first tried FMs with my brother, he downloaded more at the same time.
    The first we played was All For a Night's Sleep and I think the second was Rowena's Curse. Was a good choice

Ranstall Keep. But I had watched someone play Cult of the Resurrection before this and so kind of consider that my "first".

I started my thievy career in the Dark Mod universe, so literally my first FM was "Tears of St. Lucia". Anyway, my first T2 FM was some kind of a horror FM (campaign). If my memories are correct, it was "Dracula Reloaded."
    Both FM's were actually very good choices

Raid on Washout Central. To this day I have a soft spot for that FM. I love FMs with large maps, preferably city missions and R.O.W.C. was certainly that!

Bloodstone Prison. It was very atmospheric. Hooked for life

I think it was T2X

I can barely remember where I am half the time, so I have no idea which FM I played first. But I do remember that Gathering at the Inn had a big impact on me.

My first one was Shadow Politics, soon followed by Between These Dark Walls and Endless Rain. Excellent missions, all of them.

Lorgan's Web. Still one of my favorites!