TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

13 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

17 23.61%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

35 48.61%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

0 0%
  • I don't know what's going on!

7 9.72%
Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171176181186191196201206211216217218219220221
Results 5,501 to 5,506 of 5506

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Yeah at least Spicer always had the look of someone about to yell, "It's all lies. I am so sorry"!

Moderator and Priest
    Trump is ultimately too ineffectual to be the enemy of anything except sane political discourse. He's done an excellent job of flashing about his WWE/Reality TV credentials in front of the largest live studio audience the world has ever seen.

And I dunno what to say about Spicer, other than it was pretty damn obvious he didn't enjoy his job.

If I'm feeling generous, I want to believe Spicer endured the unendurable and defended the indefensible because he loved his country and honestly thought he was helping it. But he also told some pretty bald face lies purely to stoke the ego of a creep, not even the kind of lies meant to protect the US or its interests. And then he was a gramble dick about it. Of course you can say he was ordered to be a jerk, but he should have known what he was getting into and volunteered for that job.

I guess the one credit I can give him is that he eventually did come around & his self-respect wouldn't allow him to stay in the job anymore. He's going to come out of this thing alright, even remembered fondly like the slow cousin in a family, so he should thank his lucky stars. That's probably reward enough.

BTW, it really does feel like we're starting to accelerate towards something big going down soon. But it's really hard to tell. With the GOP controlling every branch, they could let practically anything pass as long as they need to. It's hard to have any idea what can go down when or what's happening at all.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    BTW, it really does feel like we're starting to accelerate towards something big going down soon. But it's really hard to tell. With the GOP controlling every branch, they could let practically anything pass as long as they need to. It's hard to have any idea what can go down when or what's happening at all.
    The one thing we can depend on regarding the GOP is that they'll defend Trump to the best of their abilities...until he's no longer useful to them. The moment he becomes a liability to the party will mark the last of his days as an effective president. If he doesn't get impeached (which I still give a 10% chance of happening, barring any future surprises), they and the Democrats will do everything in their power to make him a lame duck, all but killing his chances for a 2nd term.

At this point, I don't know if it's so much a matter of if this'll happen, but when. How much can the Republicans endure?

Well, at least Spicer can always get a job as a Melissa McCarthy impersonator.

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171176181186191196201206211216217218219220221