TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

14 18.92%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

17 22.97%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

36 48.65%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

0 0%
  • I don't know what's going on!

7 9.46%
Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126176181186191196201206211216221222223224225226
Results 5,626 to 5,635 of 5635

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

But can't the president's duties can be assumed by the VP on a temporary basis? I am not talking about impeachment, but what is provided for in Amendment 25, Section IV.

Sorry, should have provided the actual text.
    Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

I should add that I am thinking specifically in the context from the original quoted post. I think if Section IV was enacted, launch codes would pass to the vice president. I think you're correct that impeachment requires more than a few unelected cabinet floozies to do.

Maybe so, but I believe the intent of that was to specify what happens if the Prez gets injured and is in a coma or something. Not just "we think this guy is a little wacky and we disagree with his war strategy against North Korea so let's just agree to kick him out."

That does appear to be the original intent of the amendment. That said, there is a provision there for the president to contend the vice president and cabinet's decision and resume presidential duties. Congress comes in if the VP and cabinet still disagree with the president, so I wouldn't say it's strictly limited to instances where the CnC is in a coma or has suffered another head injury.

Either way, it would be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Oh, yeah. It's fucked up beyond reason.

Though it does a good job of showing how truth and justice is divided starkly along political lines. The same people who wanted to hang Hillary by the neck until dead over the alleged pay to play scandal see absolutely nothing wrong with this, which, on a moral level, is at least as bad.
    Even my friends who voted for Trump see something wrong in it, they're just inclined to write it off as opportunism and naiveté.
    I think that would change if they find evidence of a quid pro quo.

LittleFlower
    It seems like Trump is dressing more sophisticated these days.
    But he still doesn't get any more mellow.

@Kolya: Best. Post. Ever.

The Department of Justice is demanding the names of the owners and the IP addresses of 1.3 million users who visited an anti-Trump protest site that organized protests during Trump's inauguration.
    So far the hosting company is withholding the information by their own account on grounds of the query being untargeted and no clear reason being given what those users actually did wrong.

Feds Demand '1.3 Million IP Addresses' Of Visitors To Trump Protest Website: https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb.../#622b7e894d5c
    DreamHost is fighting DoJ request for 1.3M IP addresses of visitors to anti-Trump protest site: https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/15/dr...-protest-site/
    In J20 Investigation, DOJ Overreaches Again. And Gets Taken to Court Again.: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/0...en-court-again

I saw a report on that. Bit scary if you live in the US, I'd have thought.

For information and posterity: Interactive Timeline: Everything We Know About Russia and President Trump

It's very long but interesting - to me anyway.

Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126176181186191196201206211216221222223224225226